PDA

View Full Version : Making planes flyable ?

ebonheart_2_329
08-17-2005, 06:17 PM
Hello

I'm shore this information is already somewheres else.. but I dont know where to look, so if any of you could be so kind as to explain how planes are taken from the AI and made player flyable I would appreciate it. :-)

Like say I wanted to be able to fly the B5N2 Kate, or one of the B-17s, how would I do that? What 'stuff' would I need?

csThor
08-18-2005, 12:37 AM
You can't do that. The only ones who can "add" stuff to the game engine are the guys from Maddox Games.

There is a crutch to fly AI planes from the outside view, but that only works in online mode, only when the server allows this (specifically - if the mission is designed to allow that) and you don't have any flight instruments or crosshairs.

LEBillfish
08-18-2005, 12:49 AM
The way I do it is first fold the paper longways down the middle carefully so each side is exactly the same. Then, I fold each half again in toward the middle to make a nice long leading edge. After that, I fold the sharp tip back roughly 1.5", then fold the wings down making the fusalage roughly 1".....After that it is simply a matter of tearing and making a rudder, ailerons, and foldong to make wing tip stabilizers...

At that point it's flyable http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ebonheart_2_329
08-18-2005, 02:07 PM
... so I guess the only 3rd party things are skins? Do ya'll know what Maddox and the team hased to do to make the planes flyable, such as the P-36, or the MXY-7-11? I guess its just a bunch of code stuff??