PDA

View Full Version : SoW-Points system?

Daiichidoku
04-22-2007, 09:40 PM
i hope, sincerely, that there is NO point system in SoW
failing that, a completely scalable, maleable point system, that allows users to define if, and what any point values for any targets are

i have not been keeping a close eye on SoW developments, but still have not heard of this issue coming to light

anyone know about this, or have any info?

NO to POINTS yecchhie!

DKoor
04-23-2007, 07:20 AM
Make 0 "points" or whatever to those who get killed or MiA.
Make 1 "point" = 1 kill.
Make 1/2, 1/3 for shared or some else smart system.
Make killstealing impossible (no last bullet anymore).

I'd settle for that.

Daiichidoku
04-23-2007, 07:24 AM
DKoor, you mean a.................tradional kills/losses ratio counter of some sort?

wow....unheard of! ridiculous! outrageous!

what kind of scatterbrained idea is that??

you know its FAR too common-sense for Oleg/1C!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DKoor
04-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Absolutely.
I wanted to say even different score systems for different operators, like it was IRL but then I saw how "ridiculous" it sounds (when we still have 100, 200, 300pts etc.) and that I should be satisfied with 1:1 system for all operators.
That and no killstealing would be a blast.

Daiichidoku
04-23-2007, 12:00 PM
those damn points as they are now only contribute to kill stealing etc

Jaws2002
04-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah, and I think they should pay double for La-7's and G-2s. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

or give a free beer or something. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

AVG_WarHawk
04-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by DKoor:

I'd settle for that.

Agree, though perhaps a difficult call, but a lock on scoring after a certain damage level.

DKoor
04-24-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by AVG_WarHawk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKoor:

I'd settle for that.

Agree, though perhaps a difficult call, but a lock on scoring after a certain damage level. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My thoughts exaclty! (certain damage level lock-up)

XyZspineZyX
04-24-2007, 10:30 AM
what if your mission goal is not to shoot down an anemy plane, but to take a photo recon of enemy positions?

Or bomb a bunker or dam?

Daiichidoku
04-24-2007, 10:47 AM
simple

each counts as "A" kill

if he bombs 5 bunkers, his tally is 5 bunkers

if he takes out 2 fighters same mission, his tally

enemy planes: 2
enemy bunkers: 5

of course, killing the dam or bunker could win the map anyhow

the above is assuming NO points system

if we had a custom points system, then YOU, or the map builder could decide what, and how many, points are to be assigned to whatever tgt

a close support mission to relieve friendly ground troops, could have tanks, guns and infantry worth 10, 100, 1000 pts...whatever, and any other tgts, such as a/c, worth a tenth of the mission obj values, say, 1, 10, or 100 pts, respective to the above

or A2A missions that award little to no value for ground tgts

point is, the curent system is badly flawed, and inflexible

IMHO, totally inadequate for this game...or genre, even

Mysticpuma2003
04-24-2007, 11:47 AM
I asked for something like this about 3-years-ago for IL2, I'm sort of hoping that it has been taken on-board and looked at.

I agree totally with the 1 point = 1 kill, but maybe the system currently in place will be kept?

I mean by that, that at the end of the mission (offline), it shows the targets you destroyed (train, plane, cars etc).

So I'd like to see, something like 1 plane = 1 point Air kill, Tank, gun etc = 1 point ground kill, but most important for me is the shared point (even an half!), so that kill stealing will not be as much of an issue.

That would be great, and I hope it works.

Maybe as well, at the end of a map, there could be a 10 second pause, showing a graphic image, (which could be scrollable) so you can look at the other players tally, which would have a tally next to each players name, that would show the targets destroyed (like you get at the end of a single mission.)

Just my thoughts, cheers, MP.

TacticalYak3
04-25-2007, 09:51 AM
The game should generate statistics/points based on the performance of the flight, especially for online campaigns.

DKoor
04-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by BBB462cid:
what if your mission goal is not to shoot down an anemy plane, but to take a photo recon of enemy positions?

Or bomb a bunker or dam? You settle for 0 aerial kills then, but get one bunker kill or whatever you achieved. Whatever it was IRL it should be implemented in the game in the best way possible.

If player successfully recons the area, he got one recon mission "point". If he bombs and destroys some target he records one successful (if he met the mission objectives) bombing run and counts all specific ground target he destroyed if possible.

I suppose that it wouldn't be overly hard task to implement a few icons in records to properly display all kind of missions and other stat that a player can have.

For example; we can have small bomb icon and number inside it depicting number of ground targets destroyed, we can have small ship icon, small aircraft icon, small bomber icon, etc. etc.
And on some kind of debriefing or player records room specific targets could be seen - for instance some Stuka pilot record:
3xT-34 destroyed
7xtruck
5xAA
1xLaGG destroyed by rear gunner

It would be thousand times more cool than with how it is now with points which means - literally nothing.

The best part of this is - we already have almost all that in IL-2 Sturmovik 46. In offline DGen campaigns player counts specific targets just like I mentioned above (all right we don't have separate bomber, gunner etc. stat) but we have list of all specific plane types, ground types - AA, ship, bridge etc. that we destroyed. We don't have recon recordings tho (should be fixed). That is what we need.

But "pure" points, like points we have in arcade games, is just non welcomed in the games such is this.

Daiichidoku
04-25-2007, 01:54 PM
it truly amazes me, that Oleg, who appeantly was a fan of janes WWII fighters, would overlook this in the first place

Janes had a simple teams/individual kills/losses counter...inc grd tgts

WHY did he not just use that system? oh well

hopefully they are going to cover this with forethought before the beta is out

Manu-6S
05-08-2007, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by DKoor:
Make 0 "points" or whatever to those who get killed or MiA.

Totally disagree.

I would like many negative points in case of KIA or MIA: so finally the guys will think to their life instead of parking in the 6 of bombers, vulching over a full AAA airbase and other stupid things.

Less negative points for bomber pilots KIA of course.

Manu-6S
05-08-2007, 04:05 AM
And total points multipler related to mission success, as in AAO.