PDA

View Full Version : WAC question

jmanwell
06-27-2007, 01:22 AM
I recently decided to give WAC a try. I have been playing GWX and GWX-TA since I started playing the game. I noticed that WAC has more harbor traffic than GWX or at least it seems this way. I was wondering if there was a patch or mod that cut back some of that harbor traffic that worked with WAC. My computer handles it but seems like it is struggling sometimes. I just want to ease the burden a little. And I just want to say to those of you who worked on the WAC, GWX, and GWX-TA mods, you did a great job, looks fantastic, and I appreciate your hard work on the mods.

AbleMaster
06-27-2007, 03:37 AM
Your not the only one mate, less harbour traffic would be nice, great mod, love WAC 2.15 but the Harbour traffic is too much even on a top end pc.

VikingGrandad
06-27-2007, 05:56 AM
AbleMaster - I sent you a PM yesterday. Did you not get it?

geoffwessex
06-27-2007, 07:28 AM
And with WAC there's the added hazard of a small merchant ship passing in front of your dock just as you exit. Or at least it does for me. I assume you'd sink if you hit it by sailing by just using your charts and not looking from the bridge.

danurve
06-27-2007, 07:48 AM
War Ace indeed adds alot of harbour traffic, even ai subs moving around. I generaly follow the sweeper out to clear home base(s). I think, part of the extra traffic is not just for eye candy but added challenge of manuvering your boat and not just plotting a course and hitting t/c. Also the new convoy/traffic system might have somethign to do with it.
I have asked hans about some options for older pc/graphics cards for 3.0, we'll see what develops.

AbleMaster
06-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Even with the extra traffic, WAC remains a favourite of mine, a wonderful mod indeed, all is fine once clear of the harbour, a worhwhile pain.

jmanwell
06-27-2007, 11:03 AM
The mod is great so are the other ones out there. With that increase in harbor traffic, I've already ran into some ship. I forget what it was, but it was bigger than tug boat. I think it was a small merchant. Anyway, I kept waiting to hear damage reports from all over, but did not sustain any damage much to my surprise. I was running ahead standard and hit him broadside. However, I'm not so sure I would be as lucky the next time around.

AbleMaster
06-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Got the Pm VikingGrandad, sorted now.