i think it makes the game to easy !
please post your thoughts

notafanboy
07-07-2010, 06:19 AM
i think it makes the game to easy !
please post your thoughts

DJBare
07-07-2010, 06:28 AM
I vote no (don't change it), the enemies are purported to be tougher in AC:B.

Murcuseo
07-07-2010, 06:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJBare:
I vote no (don't change it), the enemies are purported to be tougher in AC:B. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They really need to increase the possibility of death in the game anyway, it would actually make it engaging.

It should heal less and you can only carry 2 at a time. Less poison viles too, they got the number of smoke bombs pretty much perfect but kicked the arse out of everything else.

It's gona be interesting to see how many arrows you can carry especially if they don't give you a quiver!

jimbo11235813
07-07-2010, 06:48 AM
I said yes, but thinking about it now, it should heal you less because you can chose not to use it anyways, but those who do want it, then it should heal you less to make it more challenging.

El_Sjietah
07-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Make it out of combat only. Problem solved. It's a bit silly to tend to your wounds mid-combat anyway.

And change it to bandages. Medicine won't do you any good when you have a gash in your leg.

Account_Deleted
07-07-2010, 07:41 AM
just less "max" viles to like 10.
cause at some points in the game your doing sometihng stupid and you jump from a high distance and miss what your going for * stupid ground that's just 2 cm away from the water*
you hurt yourself alot * and that's if not your wearing altair's armor*

Murcuseo
07-07-2010, 08:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
just less "max" viles to like 10.
cause at some points in the game your doing sometihng stupid and you jump from a high distance and miss what your going for * stupid ground that's just 2 cm away from the water*
you hurt yourself alot * and that's if not your wearing altair's armor* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

10 is far to many, if you fall and lose alot of health use 1 and find a Doctor to replenish and replace. At no point in ACII did you need 10 viles!!

In Brotherhood it should be 2 or 3 at the beginning, max 5 at the end when it starts getting harder.

Even on my first play through of ACII I didn't upgrade the health pouch... there was just no need to do it.

Ru1986
07-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Heal you less but then i think after about the 10th Codex page you shouldn't get any higher life they should have put a limit on it as by the time you have 25 odd codex pages your life bar is huge no number of enemies could kill you with that larger health bar.

lilbacchant
07-07-2010, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Make it out of combat only. Problem solved. It's a bit silly to tend to your wounds mid-combat anyway.

And change it to bandages. Medicine won't do you any good when you have a gash in your leg. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. Especially since, at least as portrayed in the animations, the self-applied "medicine" was simply smelling salts -- i.e., poppers.

Maybe Ezio could learn a "Time out" skill:

--
Whilst doing battle with several guards, Ezio suffers a particularly nasty blow to the head. Feeling woozy, he holds up his hands to form the customary Time-Out sign, and says, "Battle off!"

He pulls a little vial out of his pouch and rips the tip off with his teeth, spitting the unneeded tip to the side. With a grimace, he puts the vial to his nose and inhales deeply. He feels a rush of energy, shakes his head back and forth, and yells, "Battle on!"
--

Since my first playthru, I don't use medicine mid-battle because it's such an immersion-breaker roleplay wise. The closest I'll come is to scurry-up a building and, if I wish to continue the fight vs. just running away, use some medicine while waiting for the guards to finish climbing.

From an RP standpoint, they could make his self-apply medicine be of temporary duration. Thus, it'd force you to actually have to visit the doctors for permanent recovery.

EzioAssassin51
07-07-2010, 08:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lilbacchant:

--
Whilst doing battle with several guards, Ezio suffers a particularly nasty blow to the head. Feeling woozy, he holds up his hands to form the customary Time-Out sign, and says, "Battle off!"

He pulls a little vial out of his pouch and rips the tip off with his teeth, spitting the unneeded tip to the side. With a grimace, he puts the vial to his nose and inhales deeply. He feels a rush of energy, shakes his head back and forth, and yells, "Battle on!"
--
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense but that is a terrible idea!!

But i agree with you guys! We should only be able to carry 5 max and they should heal way less! And don't give us so big a health bar or an Armour that makes us invincible FOR FREE!

Vey03
07-07-2010, 10:04 PM
You know guys, just because you have the capacity to carry 1 million vials of medicine doesn't mean you have to use them all.
It's not doing any harm, so if you think it's too much or makes the game too easy, just don't use it!

I think it's fine the way it is. To reduce the maximum or make it less effective would punish less capable players, and make it harder for them.

Same goes for Altair's armour. Although i do agree that it wasn't really needed.

And here i think is another good arguement for Ubi to implement difficulty levels.

Murcuseo
07-08-2010, 02:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mouse03:
You know guys, just because you have the capacity to carry 1 million vials of medicine doesn't mean you have to use them all.
It's not doing any harm, so if you think it's too much or makes the game too easy, just don't use it!

I think it's fine the way it is. To reduce the maximum or make it less effective would punish less capable players, and make it harder for them.

Same goes for Altair's armour. Although i do agree that it wasn't really needed.

And here i think is another good arguement for Ubi to implement difficulty levels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a matter of realism for me, there's no way you could carry more than 5 viles without them being a hinderance. To be honest if you need to carry more than 5 in ACII you really do suck and deserve to die more often lol

Even a complete moron could complete the game without dying more than twice with the amount of viles you can have at the moment.

Higher risk of death = more emmersive and engaging gameplay. It would be more satisfying when finishing missions aswell, instead of the 'Oh, I'm done...' kinda feeling you got in ACII

greekassassin1
07-08-2010, 04:23 AM
I chose "medicine should heal less" because some ppl that are not very skilled in the game need it.I never use it though because i want the game to be more challenging for me!I just go to the Doc to give me a full heal after every mission and that's all...

edzilla_551
07-08-2010, 07:06 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lilbacchant:

--

--

hell man this guys is funny what kind of idea is that haha lmfao!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

notafanboy
07-08-2010, 10:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by edzilla_551:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lilbacchant:

--

--

hell man this guys is funny what kind of idea is that haha lmfao!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i dont like your idea thats like saying to a killer "wait i fell down timeout ok i feel good now now kill me"

amugae
07-08-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't really care about the amount of medicine, but I do agree that using the medicine/bandage/health pack/alien syrum/whatever should take longer to take effect. Because as it is there's no reason to flee when you're health is low, because all you need is a quick hit of salt and you're as good as new, and that's a bad thing because fleeing is half the fun in this game.

Also they should make it so that when you use medicine Ezio cries out in pain, alerting nearby guards to your presence if you're being chased. But you should be able to cure yourself quietly by visiting local doctors.

Silhouelle
07-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Personally I never really used them so I wouldn't be upset if they were removed though I'd be curious as to why. They're in the game sure, but you don't have to use them regardless as to whether you as a player find you need health from time to time.

Doctor NPCs should be able to heal you fully while medicine will only bring you back to 75% of your total health or something?

lilbacchant
07-08-2010, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lilbacchant:

--

--
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense but that is a terrible idea!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geesh, apparently if you don't use an emoticon around here, everyone takes you seriously. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Zqlp
07-08-2010, 07:46 PM
ACI and II are probably two of the best games I've ever played on my PS3. I'm likely a bit older than most of the players (I'm 72) and for me the game play was just about right. For all you young studs and studettes with lightning reflexes and the ability to remember which combination of buttons to push, if you want to make the game hard just leave all your weapons at home and don't carry any medicine at all.

EzioAssassin51
07-08-2010, 08:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

--

--
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense but that is a terrible idea!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geesh, apparently if you don't use an emoticon around here, everyone takes you seriously. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you sounded serious! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

mrlolololguy11
07-08-2010, 09:26 PM

--

--
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But i agree with you guys! We should only be able to carry 5 max and they should heal way less! And don't give us so big a health bar or an Armour that makes us invincible FOR FREE! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>U DONT EVEN NEED TO WEAR THE ARMOR U QWUERE!!!

phil.llllll
07-08-2010, 09:27 PM
You know what they should do? - make difficulty levels so each player can tailor the experience to their level of play. I have no idea why they're so stubborn against this idea. Maybe even have an option for pressing free run twice to jump instead of having it automatic. The more options the better.

klaytonmh95
07-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Yeah i vote medicine out!lol it is too easy i never needed medicine unless i was fighting the big guys with the axes witch wasnt a problem i just shot them or throw smoke and kill them their.Their really should be medicine.And really what medicine heals a freakin cut from a sword.

Join: http://assassinscreed-brotherhoods.webs.com/

EzioAssassin51
07-09-2010, 06:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrlolololguy11:

--

--
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But i agree with you guys! We should only be able to carry 5 max and they should heal way less! And don't give us so big a health bar or an Armour that makes us invincible FOR FREE! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>U DONT EVEN NEED TO WEAR THE ARMOR U QWUERE!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need to call me that you spook! I never said whether or not i wear the Armour anyway! I'm just saying we shouldn't get the best Armour in the game for free! Get your facts right before you make ******* comments like the one you just made!

adarwinter
07-09-2010, 08:39 AM
i played and finish AC2 with no armor (besides the boots) , only collected 1 codex page health bonus (by mistake. didnt know it added health), i used the PC health limiter tool (in my signiture) AND didnt touch the medicin AT ALL and still beat the game, fair and square.

AC2 is reaaaaaally easy and the AI is so reluctant to attack ezio (not to mention they no longer grab, only one type can counter, only one type can dodge and only one type can do power attack... unlike AC1).

i say NO MEDICINE or allow medicin to take about 5 seconds to use, thus make it hard to use during combat.

besides there are SO MANY GOD DA#N DOCTORS all over venice its so easy to just find one and heal yourself.
not to mention that if u die, barely anything happens. u just spawn 20 feet away and continue like nothing happens.

AC2 is soooooo easy it practically tries it's best NOT TO HURT YOU, god forbid u ever retry.

i understand UBI wants the game to be accessible but come one, my g\f can beat that game with her ovaries covering her eyes.

just like it was said mahy times before -
UBI, put an extra week into balancing more difficulty levels and give us the "easy-normal-hard-very hard" options so we can all shut up and be happy.

i know in brotherhood enemies might be more aggressive but on the other hand ezio will be more lethal AND will have more assassins to aid him so i know that the game will STILL be really easy cuz Patrice thinks that this is what made AC2 successful.

during playing AC2 i felt like an adult fighting 3 year old kids in a kinder garden. i was 30 times more powerful than anyone around me, beat the sh*t out of everyone while they stared and watched and some of them ran away crying and then i was expected to feel like a powerful assassin. come on! does superman feel powerful when fighting 8 drunk, barely conscious hobos? dont think so.

im enraged.

Crucify Lucifer
07-09-2010, 09:49 AM
I liked when they first announced that some wounds could only be healed by doctors. I think they should make it where simple medicine doesn't heal severe wounds and you have to see a doctor to stitch it up or something along those lines. For example, say a brute smashes a battle axe into your stomach, maybe make 1 or 2 cubes untreatable unless directly dealt with by a doctor.

EDIT: Having 10-15 vials of medicine was very unnecessary too. I used an average of 1-3 at most before I saw a doctor again.

iLikeBacon
07-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Don't remove medicine, just:

- Make it heal less.

- Don't let us carry so much.

- Don't make doctors so easily accessible, remove a few of 'em.

I would definitely be all for a difficulty system. I think it would definitely improve the game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

-Bacon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

lilbacchant
07-09-2010, 12:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
You know what they should do? - make difficulty levels so each player can tailor the experience to their level of play. I have no idea why they're so stubborn against this idea. Maybe even have an option for pressing free run twice to jump instead of having it automatic. The more options the better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said. With a few of these for emphasis !!!!!!!!!!!!

iLikeBacon
07-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I agree. I think the difficulty system is something this series has been lacking from the very beginning. Maybe we'll see it in AC3? It is coming out in 2 years time, so we should be looking forward to some awesome stuff that we've never got. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

-Bacon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

lilbacchant
07-09-2010, 01:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iLikeBacon:
Yeah, I agree. I think the difficulty system is something this series has been lacking from the very beginning. Maybe we'll see it in AC3? It is coming out in 2 years time, so we should be looking forward to some awesome stuff that we've never got. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

-Bacon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd really like to see them implement it for AC:B -- they have enough time. It'd greatly add to the replay value, which would be especially nice since we'll have to wait another two years for AC:3.

greekassassin1
07-10-2010, 08:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zqlp:
ACI and II are probably two of the best games I've ever played on my PS3. I'm likely a bit older than most of the players (I'm 72) and for me the game play was just about right. For all you young studs and studettes with lightning reflexes and the ability to remember which combination of buttons to push, if you want to make the game hard just leave all your weapons at home and don't carry any medicine at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow...it's the first time i meet a 72 years old gamer!it's cool though heh!anyway ok you might need those medicines because of your age but c'mon....most gamers are young and skilled on the game...

WackoJacko_7
07-10-2010, 10:05 AM
I voted not to change it, even though i never use them, like in my last playthrough i dont think i used medicine once, but its always good to have the option when your absolutlety f.....

xChupa
07-10-2010, 04:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Make it out of combat only. Problem solved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This would fix everything.

The only thing that makes AC2 so easy is that its practically impossible to die since you can insta-heal mid combat.
I died more often by jumping to my death than in combat...

If you could only heal out of combat then the amount of medicine really makes no difference since ~2 heals you fully and then you can just go to a doctor.

The point of medicine should be for people who are in a hurry or too lazy to go to a doctor, not be invincible in a fight.

radamihai
07-10-2010, 06:00 PM
just make it out of combat only... Actually I though u cant use them while fighting, I discovered u can use them at any time when I was about to finish the game

EzioAssassin51
07-10-2010, 06:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xChupa:
The only thing that makes AC2 so easy is that its practically impossible to die since you can insta-heal mid combat.
I died more often by jumping to my death than in combat... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah same! I only died from combat once because i wanted to because i stuffed a mission up!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adarwinter:
my g\f can beat that game with her ovaries covering her eyes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bit too far mate, even for someone who is angry!