PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know any books that are similar to Assassin's Creed story?



elvindrummer
03-31-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm just looking for a good book, and I really like the overall story of creed so any suggestions? Also is assassins creed renaissance book any good? I've seen mixed reviews. I've read Dan Brown which in some ways I consider the stories similar.

PirateRob
03-31-2011, 05:07 PM
You should at the very least try renaissance and brotherhood books by Oliver Bowden, I've got both ok there are some minor differences in some minor details but overall they're very good, well I at least personally think that.
On the subject of Dan brown, the da vinci code and angels and demons are pretty good. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

elvindrummer
03-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by PirateRob:
You should at the very least try renaissance and brotherhood books by Oliver Bowden, I've got both ok there are some minor differences in some minor details but overall they're very good, well I at least personally think that.
On the subject of Dan brown, the da vinci code and angels and demons are pretty good. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

yea I like dan browns books. Angels and demons and the lost symbol I think are the best. I think I like them also cuz they have some kinda assassin creed references etc.

But yea I'll try them out. I just saw mixed reviews and I was kinda worried that they were going to be awful lol.

marcuskyle
03-31-2011, 06:27 PM
I have a book call 'The Last Templar' by Raymond Khoury which is kind of related in a way.


Here's what is on the back cover:

1291 AD, Acre. As the city burns under the onslaught of the Sultan's men, the 'Falcon Temple' sets sail, carrying a small band of knights and a mysterious chest entrusted to them by the Order's Grand Master. The ship vanishes without a trace...

Present-day New York. At the Metropolitan Museum, four horsemen dressed as Knights Templar storm the gala opening of an exhibition of vatican treasures and, in a brutal and bloody attack, steal an arcane medieval decoder.

For FBI agent Sean Reilly and an archaeologist Tess Chaykin, this is just the start of a deadly game of cat and mouse as they race across three continents, trying to stay one step ahead of ruthless killers while chasing down a centuries-old mystery...


It's definitely worth a read if you can get hold of it.

wiccanlovely
03-31-2011, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by marcuskyle:
I have a book call 'The Last Templar' by Raymond Khoury which is kind of related in a way.


Here's what is on the back cover:

1291 AD, Acre. As the city burns under the onslaught of the Sultan's men, the 'Falcon Temple' sets sail, carrying a small band of knights and a mysterious chest entrusted to them by the Order's Grand Master. The ship vanishes without a trace...

Present-day New York. At the Metropolitan Museum, four horsemen dressed as Knights Templar storm the gala opening of an exhibition of vatican treasures and, in a brutal and bloody attack, steal an arcane medieval decoder.

For FBI agent Sean Reilly and an archaeologist Tess Chaykin, this is just the start of a deadly game of cat and mouse as they race across three continents, trying to stay one step ahead of ruthless killers while chasing down a centuries-old mystery...


It's definitely worth a read if you can get hold of it.

I think my dad mentioned this book. He reads a lot of Historical Fiction. I might have to read this at some point.

Xanatos2007
03-31-2011, 11:15 PM
Alamut by Vladimir Bartol. It's the book AC was originally based off, very interesting read.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
04-01-2011, 09:19 AM
do you only want historical fiction books or books about history? About a certain topic with no fiction, but facts?

TorQue1988
04-01-2011, 11:30 AM
"Ascanio" by Alexandre Dumas is a good historical novel about the florentine sculptor Benvenuto Cellini set in 1540...not quite like AC universe but it has a great plot and Cellini remainded me of Bartolomeo D'Alviano.

Bombong
04-01-2011, 11:31 AM
If you like the crusade team, 'The wandering unicorn' by Manuel Mujica Lainez. It's not a fastmoving actionpacked story, but the time of the crusades with a fantasy theme has never been better described.

zabaranak
04-01-2011, 12:16 PM
assassins creed renaisance and brotherhood r sick...not as good as the games but good if you enjoy reading. its also fun spoting the dferences between books and games especialy cesare wears a mask in brotherhood book

elvindrummer
04-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by marcuskyle:
I have a book call 'The Last Templar' by Raymond Khoury which is kind of related in a way.


Here's what is on the back cover:

1291 AD, Acre. As the city burns under the onslaught of the Sultan's men, the 'Falcon Temple' sets sail, carrying a small band of knights and a mysterious chest entrusted to them by the Order's Grand Master. The ship vanishes without a trace...

Present-day New York. At the Metropolitan Museum, four horsemen dressed as Knights Templar storm the gala opening of an exhibition of vatican treasures and, in a brutal and bloody attack, steal an arcane medieval decoder.

For FBI agent Sean Reilly and an archaeologist Tess Chaykin, this is just the start of a deadly game of cat and mouse as they race across three continents, trying to stay one step ahead of ruthless killers while chasing down a centuries-old mystery...


It's definitely worth a read if you can get hold of it.

haha I've seen the tv movie based off the book. I liked the overall story.

elvindrummer
04-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by UBOSOFT-Gamer:
do you only want historical fiction books or books about history? About a certain topic with no fiction, but facts?

more fiction just because I had had to read a lot of nonfiction for school lately and want something just entertaining.

elvindrummer
04-02-2011, 05:40 PM
has anyone read night angel trilogy?

phil.llllll
04-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Alamut by Vladimir Bartol. It's the book AC was originally based off, very interesting read.

This.

If you're interested at all in the more philosophical aspects of AC (and would also like to see where AC's origins came from) then you will want to read this book.

colan33
04-04-2011, 07:47 AM
William Dietrich

Napoleon Pyramide is the first and then it`s:
Rosetta key,The Dakota Cipher and The Barbary Pirates!
I think hes working on the fifht.
It`s the story of Ethan Cage that brings us to Accre,Jerusalem,Kairo,Alexandria,Paris and many more famous places that i have forgotten.
it`s the HUNT for relics that Templars owned and hide after the terrible Friday in France (Friday the 13th).
He`s hunting and get`s hunted.
A very humoristic story with a LOT of history in it.
I`ll rec. it to all that like AC + Indiana Jones.
8)

NuclearFuss
04-04-2011, 11:53 AM
The Night Angel Trilogy is absolutely brilliant. It's a lot more fantasy than AC (it has magic, monsters, etc) but it has it's share of epic battles and ninjas http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

The author (Brent Weeks) has started another trilogy. The first one's called the Black Prism. It's totally different but I love it. So I highly recommend those.

Erronis_
11-08-2012, 04:22 AM
The Lion of Cairo by Scott Oden. It's about an assassin from Alamut and his mission to protect the last Caliph of Cairo. There are assassins, rival assasins, templar, and more than a few historical figures. I read it recently and I really enjoyed it.