PDA

View Full Version : Demo! can't consider buying without a demo

cp5184
12-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Maybe I'll find a setup in a best buy, or someplace, but what I'm getting about this game is that some people like it, some don't. It's more unique then most games which is usually a good thing. the cost of games being as it is, I'm buying fewer and fewer games. I live with someone that has a ps3, and I was thinking about buying a copy of assassin's creed, but now it depends on what games are playing in the stores I goto for christmas.

maybe others feel they'd like hands on experiance before buying too.

MammothWaffle
12-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Now wouldn't it be cool if best buy or other electronic stores had a bar code scanner that scans a game and searches the computer's database for the exe file of said game and ran it...

avsrule247
12-01-2007, 05:21 PM
If you want your demo, then rent it, or buy it and just return it if you don't like it.

wepeel
12-01-2007, 05:48 PM
I support the idea of rental and/or returning.

Other than that I don't think there will be a demo now - but anyway, though a lot of people on this forum are likely to be biased in favour of the game, I'd still say that in my opinion you can't go very wrong with a purchase here if you consider yourself a gamer.
Even with all the nitpicks and complaints taken into account, AC is among the top 5-10% of games for the third generation consoles. It should be owned by anyone who has any kind of interest in the genre.

METELHEAD9000
12-01-2007, 06:49 PM
i was the same way just go rent it dude

cp5184
12-02-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm sure this game's mommie is very proud of it, but demos are how the game industry work. if you're trying to sell a unique game, for me, it's a dealbreaker.

FrozenFire550
12-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by cp5184:
I'm sure this game's mommie is very proud of it, but demos are how the game industry work. if you're trying to sell a unique game, for me, it's a dealbreaker.

Well, i'm going to put this bluntly.

Ubisoft doesn't give a damn whether or not you buy it. So they're not going to change their mind because a few people would prefer having a demo.

Just rent it, if you're having this much trouble deciding.