PDA

View Full Version : Slowdowns

manorexia
08-04-2010, 03:34 PM
I had Windows 7 and a GeForce 8800 w/ a Auzentech Prelude soundcard, a Gigabyte G31M-S2 motherboard, 4 gigs of memory, and all my drivers were up-to-date...

When I start SCC, everything's running great, even with all the bells and whistles turned on (it didn't even run badly if I turned on 3D Vision, but it's an Unreal engine, so it looks terrible)... BUT... after playing for about 5 minutes or so, the frame rate would start to chug. If I alt-tab to the desktop and then alt-tab back to the game, everything's running fine again.

Fast forward a bit, and I've replace the 8800 with a 470, and I've put in a new hard drive, and a fresh install of the OS, drivers, and the game... same problem... everything's running great, the frame rate starts to drop, and alt-tab x2 fixes it... for about 5 minutes. Rinse and repeat.

Lt._Big_Mack
08-06-2010, 05:58 PM
One word: servers
Generally known, ubisofts servers are crappy, I had the same thing with Assassins Creed 2, it just wouldnt run smooth. And I dont have the worst setup either. Even if you would throw a 480 in SLI at it or four for that matter, you would still have the same problem, which is network, their network to be clear.
Hope you can stand the lag, because im not even able to play as of yet...

manorexia
08-07-2010, 12:59 PM
I probably should have been more clear: This is in single player mode. I haven't even tried multiplayer (what would be the point?)

helperno.7
08-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by manorexia:
I probably should have been more clear: This is in single player mode. I haven't even tried multiplayer (what would be the point?)

Looks like you don't understand something...ubicrap has new protection:

DRM ****....you need a constant internet connection...So it doesn't care if you are playing SP or MP.Even for Single player you need permant internet connection...Welcome to the new Ubiland http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

manorexia
08-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Well... I understand how their DRM works, and while I agree that it sucks, I doubt *very* much that it is causing the slowdowns that I see (especially since a quick alt-tab back to the desktop and then back to the game fixes the issue for a few more minutes).

manorexia
08-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Loving the Ubisoft "love". I'm pretty sure I've figured out the issue, but am waiting to see if Ubisoft ever does ANYTHING. So far, they've asked for my DXDIAG and MSInfo twice (I included it with the intial message)... and my favorite one: THEY didn't respond within 48 hours, so they CLOSED IT AS RESOLVED.

For those who were wondering: I've disabled 3D Vision, and the game seems to be running smoothly now.

manorexia
08-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Quick clarification of my "fix": Turning OFF 3DVision didn't do anything... you actually have to disable it.