PDA

View Full Version : Old Altair

ham_vet001
08-26-2011, 09:27 AM
From the Animus Edition trailer:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110826123054/assassinscreed/images/thumb/8/84/GrandMasterAltair.jpg/830px-GrandMasterAltair.jpg

I mentioned this in the Revelations Animus Edition unboxing thread, but I think this deserves its own thread.

Leon.VS
08-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Looks like he's wearing some master assassin robes ;D

Animuses
08-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Badass

SupremeCaptain
08-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Yeah, Altair looks awesome.

reddragonhrcro
08-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Hope we get to play him in his armour.

waynedavies89
08-26-2011, 11:35 AM
thats nearly how he's described in The Secret Crusade

i think we will get to wear the armor and possible the hidden gun

Valaquen_
08-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Gotta say, looks awesome. Can't wait to see an ingame render http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

naran6142
08-26-2011, 12:14 PM
looks awesome

but is he wearing a cape like ezio's? i think it would look better without the cape (not that i have anything against capes)

looks cool either way, should be cool to see in game

kriegerdesgottes
08-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
looks awesome

but is he wearing a cape like ezio's? i think it would look better without the cape (not that i have anything against capes)

I kind of agree with this, I love the cape on Ezio but I feel like that is EZIO's thing and more Italian. I can't even argue though that it doesn't look cool because it definitely does.

rileypoole1234
08-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Now THOSE, are cool robes. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif I still like Ezio's from AC2 the most I think though. I like the look and feeling it gives Altair though. Almost an Obi-Wan Kenobi type thing.

SupremeCaptain
08-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
looks awesome

I kind of agree with this, I love the cape on Ezio but I feel like that is EZIO's thing and more Italian. I can't even argue though that it doesn't look cool because it definitely does. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It looks more like rags that works as a full cape, and not an actual cape or half cape like Ezio's.

crash3
08-26-2011, 01:35 PM
I hope we get to play as altair when he is really old

Ioder
08-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
I hope we get to play as altair when he is really old
We should be able to, it was said in an interview some time ago.

Grandmaster_Z
08-26-2011, 01:50 PM
SICK!

Jakob4242
08-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Altair still looks like a BadA**. Though those robes look rather long, I'd worry about tripping over them during freerun, but that won't happen.

GunnarGunderson
08-26-2011, 05:33 PM
sweet cane

RzaRecta357
08-26-2011, 05:42 PM
He looks badass but at that age he could barely fight off three bandits and would of died without intervention.

Panfaun
08-26-2011, 05:51 PM
So cool, is this when he's REALLY old or just when he gets around forty and such? cause it looks like he wouldn't get around that much while wearing that. Still, really awesome.

Edit: never mind, he's really old. On a closer look I was able to recognize the white beard.

LightRey
08-27-2011, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Panfaun:
So cool, is this when he's REALLY old or just when he gets around forty and such? cause it looks like he wouldn't get around that much while wearing that. Still, really awesome.

Edit: never mind, he's really old. On a closer look I was able to recognize the white beard.
'sides, he was already around forty in ACB.

ProletariatPleb
08-27-2011, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Panfaun:

'sides, he was already around forty in ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altair in AC:B?

LightRey
08-27-2011, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by sidspyker24:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Panfaun:

Altair in AC:B? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oops sry, I was a little out of it there. I've been having a small migraine attack since this morning.

Panfaun
08-27-2011, 05:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Altair in AC:B? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oops sry, I was a little out of it there. I've been having a small migraine attack since this morning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope you feel better soon, but when was he forty in any game we played? He was always in his mid to late twenties so far.

Forgot to mention this before, but I love how Altair gets his own grand master robes instead of them just copying Al-Mualim's robes. It's like Altair's been wearing that same hood since he was seventeen years old. Lol, he even tacked on a cape Ezio style...the same time he took his off...

LightRey
08-27-2011, 06:06 AM
Hope you feel better soon, but when was he forty in any game we played? He was always in his mid to late twenties so far.

Nowhere, which is where my being out of it comes in. Thx btw, the migraine attack should be over soon. The headache itself is mostly gone.

Forgot to mention this before, but I love how Altair gets his own grand master robes instead of them just copying Al-Mualim's robes. It's like Altair's been wearing that same hood since he was seventeen years old. Lol, he even tacked on a cape Ezio style...the same time he took his off...
He looks pretty badass (especially for an old guy). I wonder if there was ever a time when he wore black robes, because in the sanctuary the black hood was locked up together with the armor.

Panfaun
08-27-2011, 06:17 AM

Nowhere, which is where my being out of it comes in. Thx btw, the migraine attack should be over soon. The headache itself is mostly gone.

He looks pretty badass (especially for an old guy). I wonder if there was ever a time when he wore black robes, because in the sanctuary the black hood was locked up together with the armor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No prob http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

How about we say next to last memory we get his own version of his ultimate armor. And please, if they have ever read this forum, PLEASE let these ultimate robes not suck. Then again, we might get his ultimate armor by the third memory. The first was right before AC, the second will probably have parts around the original and bloodlines, the third, yeah, the third should be where he gets it. I want to kill at least one person while at his prime. Seems like all these assassins peak between forties and fifties, lol

Now that you mention it though, did he ever go all the way black? We know the one before him did, but Altair was technically grandmaster in Ac bloodlines and he kept his original armor. Kind of interested in the deign to. The other was obviously Italian Based.

LightRey
08-27-2011, 06:27 AM
No prob http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

How about we say next to last memory we get his own version of his ultimate armor. And please, if they have ever read this forum, PLEASE let these ultimate robes not suck. Then again, we might get his ultimate armor by the third memory. The first was right before AC, the second will probably have parts around the original and bloodlines, the third, yeah, the third should be where he gets it. I want to kill at least one person while at his prime. Seems like all these assassins peak between forties and fifties, lol

Now that you mention it though, did he ever go all the way black? We know the one before him did, but Altair was technically grandmaster in Ac bloodlines and he kept his original armor. Kind of interested in the deign to. The other was obviously Italian Based.
Yeah, we need a good-looking ultimate armor again. Though I guess he Brutus armor wouldn't have been as bad if it weren't so out of place.

I guess it's possible Alta´r's robes might never have been completely black. Besides, the black hood could quite well have been added after his death.

kalo.yanis
08-27-2011, 07:54 AM

I guess it's possible Alta´r's robes might never have been completely black. Besides, the black hood could quite well have been added after his death.
That's what I think as well. According to the codex pages, he just devised the armour plates.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100529015427/assassinscreed/images/8/87/Zw-codex-19.png

The black robes are very likely to have been added later on. Besides, the style doesn't really fit Altair's time (especially the sleeves).
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4898/ezio2.jpg

swiftkinfe
08-27-2011, 08:13 AM
It looked like the hood was attached to the armor.I think the other parts of the robes someone else added later.But then again Ezio may have just got the other parts tailored for him. Isn't he in his armor room once it's put on for the first time.The animus could've just skipped the tailoring process and showed him when its done.That probably explained why it looked very italian.

ALthough if the armor is on these robes I wouldn't mind or even, a black or simple version of his master robes I don't mind Altair can do what he wants.

BK-110
08-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Holy ****, those robes are badass! Hope we will be able to use Alta´r with those robes at some point in the game and use the robes as a costume for Ezio while free-roaming.

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Lol, have you not seen those robes before? Just wondering, that's quite an excited reaction if you have. :P

kalo.yanis
08-27-2011, 05:27 PM
I think he means old Altair's robes, not his black armour.

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Doh!

Sorry, dude! Those robes are indeed awesome, and I do want to play in them.

RzaRecta357
08-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Even if we do get to play him at that age...it would be boring. It would just be an interactive cut scene. At that age he was barely able to fight off two bandits.

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Even if we do get to play him at that age...it would be boring. It would just be an interactive cut scene. At that age he was barely able to fight off two bandits.

Actually, that was when he hadn't been in battle or trained for 10 years, and he was exhausted from his long journey.

We know he was physically still able to fight, because he led troops into battle when he was 90. So he mustve lost his muscle memory, and that was why he was unable to fight well at that point.

And who says it has to be an action-packed sequence? Maybe it's a mission where it's entirely stealth?

BK-110
08-27-2011, 07:21 PM
He doesn't look THAT old. I'd say he looks like he's in his sixties. Judging from the robes he probably didn't fight much at that age, but he was probably still more than able to...

RzaRecta357
08-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

Actually, that was when he hadn't been in battle or trained for 10 years, and he was exhausted from his long journey.

We know he was physically still able to fight, because he led troops into battle when he was 90. So he mustve lost his muscle memory, and that was why he was unable to fight well at that point.

And who says it has to be an action-packed sequence? Maybe it's a mission where it's entirely stealth? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know. I know they said he hadn't fought in a while but I just don't think he has the speed or anything enough to do it. Plus he has a cane in that picture.

In fact, they don't even tell you his fate in the end as the mongols come.

Probably saving the death of Altair for a final hardcore scene to make us cry towards the end of the game.

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

And who says it has to be an action-packed sequence? Maybe it's a mission where it's entirely stealth? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know. I know they said he hadn't fought in a while but I just don't think he has the speed or anything enough to do it. Plus he has a cane in that picture.

In fact, they don't even tell you his fate in the end as the mongols come.

Probably saving the death of Altair for a final hardcore scene to make us cry towards the end of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, since he gave the seals to Niccolo before he went off to fight the Mongols, I don't think it's possible for us to see that memory, because it didn't exist yet at the time he transferred his memories.

An old article said that his memories would range from a teenage Altair to a 90 year old Altair. I'm not sure if they're talking about one seal having a gameplay sequence when he's younger and then skipping ahead to a cutscene when he's older, but that's what they said.

AkeiraXgamer
08-27-2011, 08:18 PM
You still got it, Alty. xD

NewBlade200
08-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Is this concept art? I remember seeing some Armour of Brutus art and liking it, then hating it in the final game.

kriegerdesgottes
08-28-2011, 05:34 PM
@Calvarok

Which time do you mean? Because Altair went to fight the Mongols/Ghengis Khan way way before he gave the stones to Niccolo. He didn't give him the stones until the very end when he Mongols came to him. Or is that what you meant?

roostersrule2
08-29-2011, 01:43 AM
is it just me or do you think we will play more then 5 sequences of Altair due to the bleeding affect so we might see what happens after he gives the seals to Niccolo

LightRey
08-29-2011, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
is it just me or do you think we will play more then 5 sequences of Altair due to the bleeding affect so we might see what happens after he gives the seals to Niccolo
No, because he didn't have any more children.