PDA

View Full Version : Can I go back after completion?

jamesorr
05-06-2010, 01:23 PM
So, I'm playing through Assassin's Creed 2, my question is ... if I finish the game story without collecting all the things such as feathers, is it possible to still visit areas or would I have to start a new game?

If I can't go back, where in the game is my "last chance" to collect items?

El_Sjietah
05-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Everything you need to collect can be found in the freeroaming after you've completed the game.

JohnConnor2012
05-06-2010, 02:11 PM
And 100% completion gives you no extra cutscenes, trophies, whatever anyway, at least not on PC.

Six_Gun
05-06-2010, 02:13 PM
You wind up in Ezio's room atop the Auditore mansion after the credits roll, but if you try to skip the credits, I think it takes you back to the save that starts that last battle while they're rolling. In free roam you can finish up any side missions, collections, DLC etc.

You can even replay missions if you go through all the temp files in the Ubi Launcher storage folder, find out which ones are associated with each checkpoint, then replace the 1.save file with them one at a time after renaming them.

The temp files have a certain structure to their naming that can be cross referenced with the checkpoints they're associated with, after exhaustive trial and error anyway. It would be nice if someone had a guide to such a thing.

This last play through I got very frustrated at the end result completion wise. I made sure I had all collectibles, glyph puzzles, restorations, etc, only to find I was shown at only 99.29% synchronization. Everything else said 100%.

I was wondering if you have to hit all the cutscene prompts to make 100% synch?

El_Sjietah
05-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Six_Gun:
You wind up in Ezio's room atop the Auditore mansion after the credits roll, but if you try to skip the credits, I think it takes you back to the save that starts that last battle while they're rolling. In free roam you can finish up any side missions, collections, DLC etc.

You can even replay missions if you go through all the temp files in the Ubi Launcher storage folder, find out which ones are associated with each checkpoint, then replace the 1.save file with them one at a time after renaming them.

The temp files have a certain structure to their naming that can be cross referenced with the checkpoints they're associated with, after exhaustive trial and error anyway. It would be nice if someone had a guide to such a thing.

This last play through I got very frustrated at the end result completion wise. I made sure I had all collectibles, glyph puzzles, restorations, etc, only to find I was shown at only 99.29% synchronization. Everything else said 100%.

I was wondering if you have to hit all the cutscene prompts to make 100% synch?

You're probably missing the Templar Lairs. They count towards 100% completion for some reason even though they're not even included in every game edition.

JohnConnor2012
05-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Well, 99.25% sounds like one mission undone, not three - the U-Play Auditore mauseleum, perhaps?

iczorro
05-06-2010, 04:17 PM
I was stuck at 99.29% for a while, as well. I did some checking around, and here's what you have to do. You have to go to Ubisoft's UPlay site, cash in your uplay points for the 25 knife belt, the Altair skin, and the Auditore family crypt. Once you buy those things, go back into the game, buy the belt and the skin from the tailor, and find the Family tomb (northwest side of the village proper, a little southwest of the villa. That'll get you 100%.

Six_Gun
05-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Ah, that's it, I forgot to do the Auditore crypt. Got everything else though, all Templar Lairs, knife belts, etc. It's strange that I forgot it because I did finish it the first time I played with the DLC. That time I didn't bother collecting all feathers though. Wouldn't you know it, the first time I collect all feathers I forget about one little part, and I deleted all the saves too.

Oh well, I'm playing this run with LinGon's difficulty adjuster tool on F1 and no weapons, upgrades or armor purchases (except those you have to) or any looting, treasure raiding, or restorations. The game is flowing along nicely for once without feeling like I'm doing unnecessary things. I also beat the Peacekeeper mission with no smoke bombs or Mercs for the first time.

I waited until a big crowd got near the Brutes, tossed some coins, then took out the far group of five as they stood and watched. I then slinked away toward the other group with some civilians after they scrounged for coins, circled around, and managed to take out 3 more undetected with the HB as they stood there looking at their fallen comrades. I was spotted by the last Brute on the 4th. I then distanced myself from him, turned, and tossed 2 knives at him.

It was quite easy really, I think I had about 15 sec to spare. That mission used to be annoying for me because I always thought it best to do it with smoke bombs or Mercs, and neither are available at that point. You have to traipse off and do some Tuscanny story missions first, then come back. I suppose if you upgraded your knife belt it could even be done mostly with throwing knives, but Like I said, I'm avoiding upgrades this time.

MournfulCanine0
01-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by iczorro:
I was stuck at 99.29% for a while, as well. I did some checking around, and here's what you have to do. You have to go to Ubisoft's UPlay site, cash in your uplay points for the 25 knife belt, the Altair skin, and the Auditore family crypt. Once you buy those things, go back into the game, buy the belt and the skin from the tailor, and find the Family tomb (northwest side of the village proper, a little southwest of the villa. That'll get you 100%. How do you cash in you uplay points and where? The Uplay shop seems to be not up and running. Thanks for any info.

MournfulCanine0
01-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Six_Gun:
Ah, that's it, I forgot to do the Auditore crypt. Got everything else though, all Templar Lairs, knife belts, etc. It's strange that I forgot it because I did finish it the first time I played with the DLC. That time I didn't bother collecting all feathers though. Wouldn't you know it, the first time I collect all feathers I forget about one little part, and I deleted all the saves too.

Oh well, I'm playing this run with LinGon's difficulty adjuster tool on F1 and no weapons, upgrades or armor purchases (except those you have to) or any looting, treasure raiding, or restorations. The game is flowing along nicely for once without feeling like I'm doing unnecessary things. I also beat the Peacekeeper mission with no smoke bombs or Mercs for the first time.

I waited until a big crowd got near the Brutes, tossed some coins, then took out the far group of five as they stood and watched. I then slinked away toward the other group with some civilians after they scrounged for coins, circled around, and managed to take out 3 more undetected with the HB as they stood there looking at their fallen comrades. I was spotted by the last Brute on the 4th. I then distanced myself from him, turned, and tossed 2 knives at him.

It was quite easy really, I think I had about 15 sec to spare. That mission used to be annoying for me because I always thought it best to do it with smoke bombs or Mercs, and neither are available at that point. You have to traipse off and do some Tuscanny story missions first, then come back. I suppose if you upgraded your knife belt it could even be done mostly with throwing knives, but Like I said, I'm avoiding upgrades this time. How do you redeem units for points and where? The Uplay shop in not up and running yet. Thanks for any info you can give.