PDA

View Full Version : a problem with bortherhood i wanted to discuss

ajl992008
09-13-2011, 01:08 AM
first of all im not looking to sought this problem out with my copy of brotherhood becuase i dont think it is possible, its something the devs need to sought out before the game is laucnhed, during brotherhood in rome i notices that objects and textures will load late, so im on my horse riding down a street and suddenly a tree a bush and textures on buildings suddenly pop up, this should have loaded before i got there as this REALLY ruins the immersion,i think this and the screen tearing is due to rome being of a large size as i dont notice screen tearing when in other parts of the game so i hope this doesnt happen in acr but would like to disucss ur thoughts on this.

LightRey
09-13-2011, 01:10 AM
What platform are you on?

Sevenofnine-st
09-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Funny that you mention this because I have the same problem. Last night I was playing Brotherhood and at some point when Ezio was riding his horse, the rocks on the ground were materializing at the last second, one at a time, and they were only a few feet away from the horse. I don't know if the problem occurs on the 360 as well but I'm playing the game on my PS3 and it's pretty bad sometimes.

ajl992008
09-13-2011, 10:26 AM
im on ps, it looks like the problems only occur on ps3, i had none of these problems in ac2 n ac1 so i dno is it due to less dev time? the xbox version sounds superior overall. i really hope its not in acr coz it really ruined the enjoyment for me along with screen tearing.

lukaszep
09-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Same here, and only for Brotherhood. I think it's just because the map is so big it takes a little longer to render everything. Kinda like in Brink, not because the maps are big, but because the texture files are so large.

Sevenofnine-st
09-13-2011, 11:24 AM
The weird thing is, I finished playing AC1 over the weekend and even though the map is even bigger than it is in Brotherhood (with so many cities plus the entire Kingdom that you can roam through) and the game dates back to 2007, I haven't noticed any major issues when it comes to texture loading.

ajl992008
09-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Sevenofnine-st:
The weird thing is, I finished playing AC1 over the weekend and even though the map is even bigger than it is in Brotherhood (with so many cities plus the entire Kingdom that you can roam through) and the game dates back to 2007, I haven't noticed any major issues when it comes to texture loading.

not all of that was rendered at once, one city was probably a quarter of rome, its becuase the city is smaller than the rendering hapens quicker, the game doesnt have much processing power left.

Sushiglutton
09-13-2011, 12:54 PM
It's the limited RAM of consoles that's the problem I think. Many developers are having problems and are forced to use various tricks (Crytek for example had too gimp the AI). Hopefully new consles will arrive in a couple of years to solve htese issues ad allow developers to achieve their vision. Oh and AC:B have better textures, animations etc than AC1 so it's a trade off.

Blind2Society
09-13-2011, 12:58 PM
I have this happen to me quite frequently and it doesn't matter which game I'm playing.

ajl992008
09-13-2011, 02:59 PM
its only happened to me in acb when in rome, so i am very worried if this will happen in acr, i hope not coz the story in acr looks amazing and so i dont want the immersion ruined.

LightRey
09-13-2011, 03:10 PM
I use a 360 and I've never had this problem. I'm guessing it's PS3 only.

AdmiralPerry
09-13-2011, 08:37 PM
On the Xbox, I've had NPCs "warp" in, including guards, which is annoying if you happen to be running, and then you bump into one... So, I think it does happen on the Xbox as well, though not to the extent the OP described. I've had trees partially load and look flat, and then suddenly fully render as I got closer. It's kind of annoying, but it doesn't really bother me--I'm more interested in the story and the general scenery.

Also, in AC2, I've had instances where Ezio will be walking along like normal (on the ground, mind you) and suddenly he'll stop and look down, as if he's peeking over the edge of a building, even though there should be no edge there. When I walk a few feet away or turn in a circle, it usually goes away, but not always (then I just jump over it). I've always chalked that up to an incomplete load of the area or something.

Calvarok
09-13-2011, 11:22 PM
This is simply tech limitations.

The Kingdom was not actually bigger. If you look at the actual game space it occupied and mash it together, meaning playable space where realistic textures were needed, it would be smaller than rome. Brotherhood had only one city, yes, but it's missions more often went to places with entirely new locations outside the city. So all in all, there was more in-game space.

You have to remember that each city in AC1 was individually contained, and neither the kingdom, nor any of the cities in AC1-AC2 had as many different elements to them as Rome. Rome has an insane amount of buildings, cliffs, water, and it has to load civillians and guards from much further away. So there's less pop in.

Actually, if you pay attention in AC1, you will notice more screen-tear and framerate drop than Brotherhood, as well as more pop-ins in areas half as dense as rome.

LightRey
09-14-2011, 12:04 AM
Tbh, the only real glitches I've encountered in ACB are falling through the ground, the stuck after quick travel glitch and the invisible npc glitch.

Jexx21
09-14-2011, 04:27 PM
I have this sometimes, but my PC is low-average specs, and is mostly 3 or 4 years old, so it's running low on the RAM needed as it's now running Windows 7 instead of the original XP load that was installed. I should have 4 GB of RAM, but I only have 2 so it takes a rather large toll on my performance.