PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to recheck dives with the new props?

WWMaxGunz
11-18-2004, 09:31 PM
I should have the patch tomorrow hopefully (friend with cable net) but there may be
someone as or more interested in this aspect of the FM.

Regardless of what can be found not-so-happy, I read that the prop fixes are having big
effect on engine overspeeds in dives so I am thinking, this may just seperate the planes
more like the accounts suggest. Is anyone game?

I understand also that mixture is more critical, so don't leave it lean on them long dives
or you may burn the mill up!

If these things work out like they might then it's a real big PLUS for Oleg!

WWMaxGunz
11-18-2004, 09:31 PM
I should have the patch tomorrow hopefully (friend with cable net) but there may be
someone as or more interested in this aspect of the FM.

Regardless of what can be found not-so-happy, I read that the prop fixes are having big
effect on engine overspeeds in dives so I am thinking, this may just seperate the planes
more like the accounts suggest. Is anyone game?

I understand also that mixture is more critical, so don't leave it lean on them long dives
or you may burn the mill up!

If these things work out like they might then it's a real big PLUS for Oleg!

VF-29_Sandman
11-19-2004, 07:41 AM
from what i've been able to see with the short amount of time i had before work, it seems that over-rev's happen alot quicker and their more pronouced. especially on dives, the rpms will most definately go above what was critical rpm's; manual expressesly said keep the rpm's under 3100...and in a dive, they will go over this unless u throttle back. firewalling the engine appears to be a bad idea now. the rpm's will go thru the roof, and i wouldnt be surprized a few corsair (or anything else) would wind up blowing a cylinder or 2 from slammin on the gas too quick after a dive. hmmmmm...since the days of 1.02 we've been wanting more realistic cem. maybe now we've got that? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

faustnik
11-19-2004, 10:23 AM
I will try to find the time to test this weekend Neal. (The inlaws are visiting so, I'll have to be sneaky about it.)