PDA

View Full Version : SCDA - Shanghai problem

BattleOmen
10-30-2007, 07:02 PM
When getting off the crane i shimmy alongside the sindow ledge until i get to the far left end, I lower down the the ledge below and have to go left to the pole to climb down, but everytime I do he falls off i have tried this several times and happens everytime.

Why is this happening? is it a graphics problem or a bug I dont know of?

billmuir
11-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Sorry to be so long getting back to you about our problem in the Shanghai mission. When I upgraded my PC with a new MOBO and CPU (previously planned not because of SCDA issues)XP wouldn't boot so I had to reinstall causing me to lose everything - DRAT. Anyway, SCDA is running great now and no more letting go in the Shanghai mission. My new CPU is an AMD Dual Core but I don't think that is the reason for the improved SCDA performance; instead I think the improvement is due to uping to 4GB of ram; even if XP only recognizes 3GB of it - but that's seperate issue that I'm working on to correct. Anyway, I have about 2GB free memory and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that that's the reason for the improvement. If you can, I'd suggest you up your ram (and perhaps get faster memory while you're at it) and see if that does it for you - sure hope it does (the game is much more enjoyable now, no choppy or slow play, no hiccups playing the introductory mission videos - just a pleasant game playing experience).

WesJanson
01-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Don't you have to rappel?

officermed
01-12-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure it out?

billmuir
01-12-2008, 01:24 PM
When I upgraded my PC I got past the problem. My guess is that it was combination of a better (faster & more memory) graphics card as well as more memory.

officermed
01-14-2008, 07:23 AM
Thanks. I used the fly cheat to get around the ledge-drop-off issue. I'll be glad when they patch the game again. This is the buggiest game I've ever played.

billmuir
01-14-2008, 07:38 AM
I don't want to give anything away so all I'll say is be prepared for more bugs (and probably disappointment) as you go further in the game. Remember, this is from the same team that brouhgt us Pandora Tomorrow - great story line, good visuals (some of the setting were very beutifully rendered ala the view of Shanghai from the crane) but the gameplay was very inferior.