PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane's Flaps

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 03:02 AM
Just curious as to why, but now all models of the Hurricane in FB have only the "landing" position. It was nice having the option of "combat" and "takeoff" for that extra bit of maneuverability when the situation dictated. Was it done for historical modeling accuracy or an oversight?

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 03:02 AM
Just curious as to why, but now all models of the Hurricane in FB have only the "landing" position. It was nice having the option of "combat" and "takeoff" for that extra bit of maneuverability when the situation dictated. Was it done for historical modeling accuracy or an oversight?

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 04:52 AM
I already posted this on the day the patch was released. I was told this is realistic. Personally, I have no clue...http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PS-I'm surprised you didn't mention that the Hurri now has no more fuel mixture controls.

Aviar

----------------------------------
AMD XP 2600+
EPoX EP-8K9AI Mobo
1536Mb DDR PC 2100 RAM
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
SoundBlaster Audigy
Klipsch 5.1 THX Certified Speakers
CH FighterStick USB
CH Pro Throttle USB
CH Pro Pedals USB
Thrustmaster Tacticalboard

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 04:57 AM
Put it on a slider and never look ...... blah blah blah blah.

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 05:45 AM
Early model Hurricanes and Spitfires only had 2 flap settings - either up, or down. I'm not sure about later models, but the FB Hurricanes are now correct.

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 06:10 AM
Lobster_Boy wrote:
- Early model Hurricanes and Spitfires only had 2 flap
- settings - either up, or down. I'm not sure about
- later models, but the FB Hurricanes are now correct.
-

Thanks for the info Lobster_Boy, I suspected as much but was too lazy to research it. That's good enough for me.

Spectre

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 07:53 PM
Lobster_Boy wrote:
- Early model Hurricanes and Spitfires only had 2 flap
- settings - either up, or down. I'm not sure about
- later models, but the FB Hurricanes are now correct.
-
-
-
-

That might be correct for the Mark I, but not the Mark II. Unless the Mk.IIs shipped to the USSR were somehow different, FB now has it wrong, having been right in the first place. Three positions would be fair enough.

See here: http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=Olegmaddoxreadyroom&id=zuyrw

Not just my opinion; backed up by the Pilot's Notes for the Mk.II.