PDA

View Full Version : There are more than 9 targets right?

Dragvice
09-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Yo ok this is my first post but I have been following this game for forever now.

Now I know the are 9 major targets, but are these the only guys you will be assassinating? Oh please tell me no, I was hoping it would be something like you must take out small targets all over the game that will lead you to the larger 9 targets. Will it be like that or do you really only take out 9 guys.

And if this has been asked a million times please feel free to flame/curse me to hell, I hate people like that, and when I find out im doing it =/.

SmokehtheFirst
09-02-2007, 04:28 PM
This hasn't been asked before, and it's actually a pretty good question. I don't think that has been discussed yet, so I don't really know, but I imagine there are optional targets you can take out as side-quests.

Mulle_DK13
09-02-2007, 04:40 PM
You can take out the whole city if you want to! :P

bump2007
09-02-2007, 04:53 PM
From what I understand, there are 9 official assassinations. However, you apparently have to plan your attack, so it is not like you go to the city and kill. From a French interview, Jade said that you have to enter a new city, climb to a tall tower to see all your hiding spots etc, talk to people, listen to what people are saying (basically investigate to where your target is) then approach him, take him out etc. There are also many mini games that let you make friends who can help you.

I don't think this really makes sense coming from me. You really need to watch the videos yourself.

GPNM
09-02-2007, 05:26 PM
From all that we know...this is how the Assassination process should be:

First Phase: Planning out the Assassination. You basically have to scout the city that your target is in. Moreso however, you need to find specific information that can be helpful to you. This is done through intimidation, interrogation, beating the tar out of someone, eavesdropping, pickpocketing, stalking etc.

Second Phase: Carrying out the Assassination. You Assassinate your target. From what has been said, there will be different ways of approaching each target which will net you different gameplay results. The target MUST be killed with the hidden blade (from what I saw in the PAX demo, if you beat the target down enough with your sword, he/she falls but you still have to deliver the final blow).

Third Phase: Escape. You first break the line of site, and then hide until your pursuers end their chase.

Ammario
09-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Dragvice:
Yo ok this is my first post but I have been following this game for forever now.

Now I know the are 9 major targets, but are these the only guys you will be assassinating? Oh please tell me no, I was hoping it would be something like you must take out small targets all over the game that will lead you to the larger 9 targets. Will it be like that or do you really only take out 9 guys.

And if this has been asked a million times please feel free to flame/curse me to hell, I hate people like that, and when I find out im doing it =/.

There are 9 main targets and like what others said in this thread, it takes a while to kill each. You can also assassinate who ever you want in the city. There are also side missions so those could include a few more assassinations.

gamequeen88
09-03-2007, 07:47 AM
how can he take out the whole city?
> _ <

GPNM
09-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by gamequeen88:
> _ <

By going back to old-school gaming:

sv_cheats 1
give BFG

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

membernametaken
09-03-2007, 12:05 PM
This probably won't happen but it would be nice if it did.

After you go through the game the first time and you load it up for the second time with your "Game Clear" save; the targets should be in completely different positions from the first time through.

Making your strategy completely different and all the while, adding to the replay value. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

NinjaRayJ
09-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by GPNM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gamequeen88:
> _ <

By going back to old-school gaming:

sv_cheats 1
give BFG

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES!! Someone who believes in the power of ol' school! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Anywho, to stay on topic, there are almost certainly side targets/quests, but as to the more than 9 main targets question, they'd have to add 3 more targets so that they can keep the target to city ratio balanced. Then again, maybe i'm just insane. You decide http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Thebrownfish
10-17-2007, 07:25 AM
**********SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER*************************************

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Just incase it has never been posted before or asked i have a list of 9 POSSIBLE names which are to be the 9 assassinations in the game. It may spoil it for some people so i put spoiler mark on. Sorry if it is mentioned before and no biggy. Cant provide link cos it is my OPM Mag Aug 07 UK edition (so may be changed by now).

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Montefrat</span>
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Garnier</span>
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Tamir</span>
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Vizier</span>
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Emir</span>
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Talal</span>
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Sibrand</span>
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Maria</span>
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Jubair</span>

Freefall69
10-17-2007, 07:43 AM
There is also the 60 templars you have to assassinate as a side qust...

Golani2007
10-17-2007, 07:45 AM
and there are side quests! and even the gurds can be treated as target!

yehonatan.roth
10-17-2007, 07:47 AM
the following is for sure:
every assassination has three steps,
1.investigating
2.assassinating
3.Escapeing
---
besides the main targets (the 9 above)

there are 60 templares that are out and about that you will be able to assassinat and fight.
and many side quests...
---

hope i answered your question... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mefninja
10-17-2007, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by yehonatan.roth:
1.investigating
2.assassinating
3.Escapeing
---

there are 60 templares that are out and about that you will be able to assassinat and fight.
and many side quests...
---

hope i answered your question... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

yea hes got it right.. also.. who knows what you gotta do for iterigations.. might include some killin aswell

GuStick93
10-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by mefninja:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yehonatan.roth:
1.investigating
2.assassinating
3.Escapeing
---

and many side quests...
---

yea hes got it right.. also.. who knows what you gotta do for iterigations.. might include some killin aswell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>iv seen a vid where he interogated a guy(dont remember which...)
basicly he punched him until he gave the info

AirRon_2K7
10-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Mulle_DK13:
You can take out the whole city if you want to! :P

You can't actually >.> You lose a third of your health every time you hit a non target. Look at an interview (vague description lol, I think its topic is called 'new preview 16/10/07')

More to the point, in the same interview, it was announced that a recently added feature was silent assassinations, smaller 'practise' targets that you can take out... so yes, there are more, but they aren't as interesting.

arcziangelo
10-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Dragvice ---> idea of an assassination isn't idea of a killing spree; it takes:

1. act of employment (rules and agreement between employee and employer)
2. precisely definied target
3. reward

as the answer I should say: 9 "sharks", 60 "pirates" and as many "fishes" as you want your gameplay want to be http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

lpcrispo
10-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by anthony687uk:
you mean 16 ?

Bloxham
10-17-2007, 10:04 AM
no there are SIXTY minor targets hidden throughout the game that you can assassinate in addition to the main assassination targets.

membernametaken
10-17-2007, 10:06 AM
It's 60.

And this topic was started at the beginning of September, before we knew about the Templar killing side-quests.

With this new information, I like to look at from an Oblivion point of view: There's 20 or so, portals (and portal lords "bosses") you have to kill to complete the main questline. In this game, it's 9 and it's a lot more complicated than just walking through a portal and getting to the end of that world. In Oblivion, there are tons of side-quests and mini-bosses that you have to fight as a result of those side-quests. In this game, there are a total of 60 Templars you have to kill as a side-quest.

There's a ton of gameplay, from the sounds of it. No need to worry.

ParanoiD84
10-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by lpcrispo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anthony687uk:
you mean 16 ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No 60

lpcrispo
10-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by ParanoiD84:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lpcrispo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anthony687uk:
you mean 16 ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No 60 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
damn, I always heard 16...
guess it's a happy mistake :P