PDA

View Full Version : KAMIKAZI

Lazarus2008
08-05-2008, 11:47 PM
I have made a LOT of changes based on recommendations from the kind folks up at the Ubi Movie Makers Forum. It's under two minutes so I hope you'll watch it and either comment there or here. I really do want to know what you think!

Thank you!
You can watch it here:
http://deadmanwalkingproductions.blogspot.com/

b2spirita
08-06-2008, 02:48 AM
Overall i enjoyed it, but i disliked the sounds which seemed somewhat artificial. I did like the cut that occured just before the minuite mark, very dramatic. The section before the impact was well done and a nice touch but personally i would have prefered a briefer flashback - thats just my taste tho and there was nothing wrong with what you did. Ill give it a 7/10

BrotherVoodoo
08-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Nice work sir, I enjoyed the movie very much. My only reccomendation....Make it longer! The sounds were great IMO.

sw25th
08-06-2008, 11:07 AM
good vids, i watched them all.

idonno
08-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Nice movie.

It reminded me of a book I read a while back titled The Ship That Would Not Die. It's not about Kamikaze's, but rather about a destroyer that survived "the most extensive Japanese Kamikaze attack ever mounted against any ship." Of the twenty-two planes that attacked the ship, three successfully crashed into it, and eight hit it with bombs, but she didn't go down. It's a good read.

Stingray333
08-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Very nice movie, I like the very low angle shot of the ship at the beginning, the waves and water look very good

jdigris001
08-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Excellent clip

Did u turn down the capital ship rate of fire for that as it doesnt seem to have a lot of trippleA happening?

Also, you might want to consider the "smoke mod" at AAA as the modded smoke effect of trippleA is awesome, especially with pom poms or bofas or whatever its called, and damage smoke looks more realistic as well

Lazarus2008
08-06-2008, 04:28 PM
I never knew there was such a thing. A smoke mod 'eh? Sounds like I should have a second install on a separate drive for modded movie sets. I'll have to look into that...Thanks

Lazarus2008
08-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Do you know what the smoke file is called?