PDA

View Full Version : 2 Dedicated Servers(Beta Version) are up!!!

AceBandage1975
07-02-2009, 12:06 PM
See the full post over in the Coj Fans website...http://www.callofjuarezfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=276

Here's what the Techland Rep Czak posted:

"Aight,

We just set up two dedicated beta servers (dedicated_beta1, dedicated_beta2) for PC.
Now, they're only beta for the time being, meaning they seem to work, but need to be thoroughly tested. So don't be surprised if anything unexpected happens.
They are set up in Wroclaw, Poland. So sorry, it's for central europe use only. Not that it's blocked somehow, but if you're too far, you're most likely to experience a painful latency.

So what I need now is reports and news on general performance of these two. The more detailed, the better.

They'll be improved again tommorow, and will be up throughout the weekend.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience while we try to improve the tools."

DrImpossible
07-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Awesome, a step forward. Now we need some US ones :P

AceBandage1975
07-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Yeah...I think the exciting thing for me is that it's solid evidence that the dedicated servers are coming...I can deal with peer to peer for a little while as long as I know the light is at the end of the tunnel.

Ultimately if the dedicated servers get up and running, other tweaks needed to the game will be very minor in comparison. A huge win for the game and community in my opinion.

AB

Liquid_Z
07-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Good to hear! I'm glad that their listening to our cries of despair.