PDA

View Full Version : Things patch made worse

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 08:11 PM
Overall I am happy with the patch but there are a few changes I noticed that have made the gaming experience worse. The way I always play FB is a friend and I make missions for each weekend and then we just play in coop mode against enemy a.i. through a direct ISP link. I am curious if people are having the same problems but these three things have occurred:

1. We can't use the in game "radio" coms to communicate so we wind up just using phones (unlimited long distance on weekends). I know there are 3rd party comms but it worked in the game before.

2. In order for him to host a game I have to host a game first. I have no idea why I can be a server right off the bat but he can't. If either one of us exits the game we have to reset it by having me serve.

3. The sound in the game of course is atrocious. It comes and goes and actually interrupts game play since you can't always hear your engine or even enemy fire.

The sound issue everyone knows about but the other two probably don't apply to many people because of how they play online. We know these are patch issues because the weekend we played before the patch came out none of them existed. This is not a whine since overall the patch is good but just a statement of problems. I don't want to make an official bug report until I hear that other people have the same problem and I figure that problems 2 and 3 have already been mentioned.

By the way, where the hell is Thunak's update. Why say you will keep people up to date if you aren't going to follow through. He should have said, "I am Thunak and I will continue the status quo." Ok, that was a whine.

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 08:11 PM
Overall I am happy with the patch but there are a few changes I noticed that have made the gaming experience worse. The way I always play FB is a friend and I make missions for each weekend and then we just play in coop mode against enemy a.i. through a direct ISP link. I am curious if people are having the same problems but these three things have occurred:

1. We can't use the in game "radio" coms to communicate so we wind up just using phones (unlimited long distance on weekends). I know there are 3rd party comms but it worked in the game before.

2. In order for him to host a game I have to host a game first. I have no idea why I can be a server right off the bat but he can't. If either one of us exits the game we have to reset it by having me serve.

3. The sound in the game of course is atrocious. It comes and goes and actually interrupts game play since you can't always hear your engine or even enemy fire.

The sound issue everyone knows about but the other two probably don't apply to many people because of how they play online. We know these are patch issues because the weekend we played before the patch came out none of them existed. This is not a whine since overall the patch is good but just a statement of problems. I don't want to make an official bug report until I hear that other people have the same problem and I figure that problems 2 and 3 have already been mentioned.

By the way, where the hell is Thunak's update. Why say you will keep people up to date if you aren't going to follow through. He should have said, "I am Thunak and I will continue the status quo." Ok, that was a whine.