PDA

View Full Version : The developers... they lie!

Johnyankeelover
11-15-2009, 02:30 PM
I just finished watching around thirty minutes of gameplay from the start of the game and we were told that at the start Etzio would be clumsier, that he wasn't an assassin yet. However, watching the video its clear that Etzio has already attained the assassin agility and ect. ect. They said he would randomly trip when running on roofs and ect. ect.

What else have the developers lied to us about?

KZarr
11-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Cool story bro, unfortunately nobody cares cause that even less than 1% of the game .

Also welcome to the forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Johnyankeelover
11-15-2009, 02:37 PM
I understand that ignorance is a virture but I for one don't like lies becoming a trend in my games :3

Also I've been on the forums since the first but I accidently made a new name so I just use this.

Iskander_Estel
11-15-2009, 02:39 PM
it's true that Ezio is more skillfull than Altair from the very start...

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-15-2009, 02:43 PM
I care. It adds to Ezio's character progression. >_>

Well, mister Yankee lover, the developers sometimes have to make sacrifices for the sake of the game. I've read a lot of interviews and articles about the first Assassin's Creed where things were talked about that ultimately were cut from the final version, and in Assassin's Creed II it's the same story.

While tripping on rooftops would definitely show Ezio as being less skilled, it could also probably cause a lot of player frustration when they have to watch as he trips even though it's not their own fault. That's probably the reason it wasn't included, because I can see how it could get really annoying.

Ezio_475
11-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Johnyankeelover:
I just finished watching around thirty minutes of gameplay from the start of the game and we were told that at the start Etzio would be clumsier, that he wasn't an assassin yet. However, watching the video its clear that Etzio has already attained the assassin agility and ect. ect. They said he would randomly trip when running on roofs and ect. ect.

1. It's Ezio not Etzio.
2. Ezio learnt free running from his brother
3. The devs never said that so your the liar.

ZeroDWM
11-15-2009, 02:44 PM
This is my original profile -Johnyankeelover

DeSabellis
11-15-2009, 02:49 PM
I might cancel my pre-order...

GCconure
11-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Cancel your preorder, I'm keeping mine! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

DeSabellis
11-15-2009, 02:57 PM
It was sarcasm.

Johnyankeelover
11-15-2009, 03:00 PM
that even less than 1% of the game .

Seeing as how this part of the game is around an hour its most certainly not 1% of the game. Unless if the game boasts over a hundred hours.

phimo123-FR
11-15-2009, 03:05 PM
I never read anything about Ezio tripping or falling except from fans who made suggestions about it.

It always been clear that Ezio had some skills BEFORE becoming an assassin... The devs said it on a dev diary on in one of the first videos... I don't have time to check anyway...

craxe
11-15-2009, 03:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">that even less than 1% of the game .

Seeing as how this part of the game is around an hour its most certainly not 1% of the game. Unless if the game boasts over a hundred hours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not if you do it fast! *Craxe runs through the entire part of the game before becoming an assassin* Did I win?

AnimatedMonster
11-15-2009, 03:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">that even less than 1% of the game .

Seeing as how this part of the game is around an hour its most certainly not 1% of the game. Unless if the game boasts over a hundred hours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are 200 missions in AC2. Assuming that each one takes a minimum 15 minutes to beat, that gives you 3000 minutes of gameplay. Divide that by 60 and you have 50 hours of mission gameplay.

That isn't counting travel time, cinematics, etc.

So it's 2% of the game at minimum.

Cpt.Gumz
11-15-2009, 03:31 PM
ijust wanna say want i think... someone dousent just go up on a roof and races his brother he clearly has done this a little bit before but when he decides to become an assassin he will have to train even harder therefor he will get better.

Ezio_475
11-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by AnimatedMonster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Johnyankeelover:

There are 200 missions in AC2. Assuming that each one takes a minimum 15 minutes to beat, that gives you 3000 minutes of gameplay. Divide that by 60 and you have 50 hours of mission gameplay.

That isn't counting travel time, cinematics, etc.

So it's 2% of the game at minimum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I belieive the story is around 30 hours, side missions around 15, and secret locations around 5. That makes 50, and thats not counting travelling or freeroaming. Remember theres also the villa's secrets and upgrading that and collecting the feathers and all hidden items and stuff. So overall i think it could extend to around 55-60 hours maybe abit more. And that is HUGE!

Realjambo
11-15-2009, 03:55 PM

I suggest you play the game yourself and then comment http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ZeroDWM
11-15-2009, 05:27 PM
I suggest you play the game yourself and then comment http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Are you implying my eyes lied to me and that once I play the game something different will happen?

craxe
11-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by ZeroDWM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I suggest you play the game yourself and then comment http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Are you implying my eyes lied to me and that once I play the game something different will happen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes

salted onions
11-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by ZeroDWM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I suggest you play the game yourself and then comment http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Are you implying my eyes lied to me and that once I play the game something different will happen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Devs are playing Mind games! They are truly master assassins / jedi warriors.

JezusBagels
11-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by craxe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZeroDWM:

Yes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, win

godsmack_darius
11-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Damn, dont answer back mtoo Jambo...He is like shrek/Assassin

the amolang
11-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Ezio_475:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Johnyankeelover:

1. It's Ezio not Etzio.
2. Ezio learnt free running from his brother
3. The devs never said that so your the liar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry, but get your facts straight, all of you guys should. it WAS CONFIRMED that there would be animations for teen Ezio to show that he wasn't that great yet and that his animations would look clumsier. it was all over the place, many, many articles mentioned it. so don't call him a liar unless you have proof.

but to all you who are saying that they lied and that it doesn't look like he isn't a pro at free running/parkour, I really don't understand you all. I can definitely tell that he is clumsier. He's not as smooth, or balanced as he is when he is a full assassin. if you expected him to be complete crap, then you really don't understand the idea. HE DOES KNOW how to do this stuff, he just isn't very good yet.

I don't see why you don't think he looks clumsy in the vids, I thought it was quite obvious...

Mcmole2
11-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah, his movements in the early gameplay are very choppy and unrefined. He runs kind of akwardly too. As you get training from the thieves (this is nowhere near a spoiler btw) you'll learn to climb better and such.

the amolang
11-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Mcmole2:
Yeah, his movements in the early gameplay are very choppy and unrefined. He runs kind of akwardly too. As you get training from the thieves (this is nowhere near a spoiler btw) you'll learn to climb better and such.

exactly, I don't know what you other guys are talking about...

killermoneytree
11-15-2009, 08:39 PM
it's true that he does initially know a bit of free running, but he get's his full potential at free-roming after he has learnt from the theives. since they help him learn, it saise it in one of the diary's or somthing.

phimo123-FR
11-15-2009, 08:42 PM
MY GOD! I can't wait anymore!

Mcmole2
11-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by P_Morin90:
MY GOD! I can't wait anymore!

Nor can I, 1 day left, then I get my master assassin's edition.

Phobos14
11-15-2009, 09:31 PM
I understand that ignorance is a virture but I for one don't like lies becoming a trend in my games :3

Also I've been on the forums since the first but I accidently made a new name so I just use this.

If you are referring to the footage on gamespot that the originally said was live and was the first part of the game...It wasnt the start of the game and it wasnt live. You dont start with the assassins outfit.

Darkstar6545
11-15-2009, 09:50 PM
when did they say that plus i bet thier dad taught them the basics and such plus its desmond going in there he was already altair remember

NekoKera
11-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Who knows...if anyone might learn something durring progression in just might be the player. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

From seeing much leaked footage from different parts of the game there does seem to be differences between the Master Assassin and the Nobel, Chick-Magnet Ezio. Not satisfied then just watch the FACTIONS TRAILER. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif