PDA

View Full Version : Another patch not coming?

ArecBalrin
07-30-2008, 10:48 AM
The game still has some issues not related to performance(which are mostly down to drivers or unusual PC combinations anyway), such as those massive borders taking up two-thirds of the screen at the top and bottom. If someone told Ubisoft that most gaming PC owners have a widescreen monitor, please print your personal info so horrible things may happen to you.

The game is still playable and what jolly good fun it is even though they didn't bother to put in much stuff to do or stuff that was worth doing. But there are just hundreds of tiny things my autistic brain gets distracted by that make me want to turn off at that point. When you finish any assassination and the next segment loads, do the knives on your belt actually turn invisible? I play with the UI all off, so it's quite annoying when I'm down to less than six knives but have no way of knowing exactly how many.

Argh! Stuck in a wall during a fight! It actually still happens in a blockbuster game in this day and age!

I just topped my machine up to 4gigs of RAM. Now I can stick super-sampling AA on and it runs like a dream in DirectX9(DirectX 10 remains as pathetic as ever, what a waste). Oh but what's this? A bit of slowdown, so I'll just turn the shadow detail down a notch and...WTF? The game slows down whenever you change a graphical setting? To the interbutt to investigate! After a Google it turns out this is a problem with the game itself; it doesn't like having it's settings played with mid-game so a restart is required everytime. Wonderful.

The new Settlers game has had about five patches now, but then they did make an expansion for it. What does it take to get AC a ickle bit more love?

L0rdeKing
07-30-2008, 11:05 AM
no comment http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

caswallawn_2k7
07-30-2008, 11:36 AM
well done you managed to class one thing as a error when it is a limitation of the graphics engin (black bars)

another thing as a bug that is a problem caused by a graphics card being to slow and causing the graphics to loose sync (stuck in a wall)

and thirdly saying DX10 is a total waste of space when a Geforce 8800 can play with max detail under DX10 so it works perfectly you just need a card that can run it.

ArecBalrin
07-30-2008, 01:33 PM
You're right. I should update my 8800GTX card before I ***** about...wait a minute

caswallawn_2k7
07-30-2008, 01:36 PM
there are people running this on max on cards lower than the 8800 so ther is something in your setup holding you back. it could also be because all the 8800GTX use the G80 chip that was discontinued when the G92 was put into the 8800GT and GTS to solve problems.

BTOG46
07-30-2008, 02:01 PM
As for having to restart if you want to change graphics options, AC isn't exactly unique in that respect.
And most games run faster under Dx 9 than they do under Dx 10, that's normal, there's less work for the video card to do.
If you post a full dxdiag in the Assassin's Creed Community Help and Advice (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/4721051016) forum, maybe someone might help you fine tune your setup.

Unless all you wished to start a thread here for was to start an argument, there isn't much further reason for posting in this forum about technical problems.

ArecBalrin
07-30-2008, 03:55 PM
I didn't want to start an arguement, I thought sticking a bit of light humour in my opening post would have made that clear to just about anyone. Caswallawn was immune to it's effects and immediately began being quite personal.

I have tried playing with a GTS card and the issues I've spoken of are the same. If some people are desperate to find fault not merely in what I've brought up, but me personally, I can't have a normal discussion with them.

TokyoPoliceClub
07-30-2008, 06:25 PM
People found fault with what you brought up, because your statement was well, faulty. Before I upgraded my system, I was running it with an 8800gt on max settings at 1680x1050, no problems for me.

Dx10 isn't a waste, assuming your computer can handle it. I actually find it enjoyable to take part in something microsoft did well.

Wait, I just re-read your post and you complain about it not showing your exact number of knives? If that's not nitpicking I don't know what is. Honeslty when you have to complain about something as trivial that, you should be thanking developers.

Having 4gb of rams doesn't help when your busing is mad slow btw.

This isn't a personal attack or anything but when you complain about problems in a game that could likely be fixed by an upgrade of some sort, I find it a little irritating.

I anticipate and welcome you to flaunt your computers specs in an attempt to invalidate my post. Don't disapoint me.

ArecBalrin
07-30-2008, 07:13 PM
If I just pretend I've forgotten English, will the more perniculous posters leave me alone?

It's very, very, no...very to the power of a squillion on the scale of ease to go through what I write line by line looking at things to pick at. It's even easier to even make up things that are wrong with something. It's impossible to even talk about something in a light-hearted way when someone is convinced that any approach to a subject that isn't 100% positive means you're a troll, looking for a fight and you must be discouraged from ever posting again with relentless personalised criticism.

It's the personalisation of the criticism that is so worrying. It's not that anything I've written has been read, critically assessed and then has been found to revealing of the angry, ignorant and 'sense of entitlement' personality I must so obviously have to earn this kind of response. If this were the case, those who have responded in the personal way they have would have been honest enough to draw a distinction between errors I find charming(no matter their cause) and ones I believe could and should be fixed with a patch.

No attempt to assess my actual position has been made. Given the obnoxious and arrogant nature of the replies, I'm not inclined to share any more information seeing as vast sweeping conclusions were drawn when I gave even a little.