PDA

View Full Version : Is stealth part of it anymore?

Bdogg506
11-12-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm kinda new to all of this forum stuff, but I just watch the single player trailer. I could not help to wonder if stealth was a key part of AC anymore?
Do not get me wrong I love the new explosive game-play but,I want to see stealth action that is a big reason why I play AC.

Please send a response to me or post one.
Sincerely from, Bdogg506

RandomRansom
11-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Yes, stealth is still a part of the game. There will even be missions that are more linear (like Rome was at the end of ACII) and encourage stealth. There are also Ezio's notes to missions which will give the player a choice to do the mission as Ezio did or just finish the mission. If you complete everything Ezio did (like not being noticed the entire mission), then you unlock side missions (in the form of repressed memories from Ezio's past in some or most or all cases).

I believe that the Dev team wants to allow players to choose their own style of play. I know I forced myself to be stealthy in ACII and that's not going to change for ACB. Stealth is still there... you just have to look for it, sometimes.

And welcome to the forum, by the way.

DeafAtheist
11-12-2010, 06:59 PM
The BAM feature will play a part in stealth as well. You can activate a BAM to quickly and silently take out guards to allow Ezio to sneak by unnoticed.

TheMusingMoose
11-12-2010, 07:11 PM
No offense, but AC1 didn't really have stealth. I mean, I can walk praying down the street, casually slit a police officer's neck, and then walk away. But the police are going to find me immediately after they see the body and the blood on my sleeve.

In short, AC doesn't have stealth, it has "Social Stealth". And yes, AC:B will have that.

Justin125
11-12-2010, 07:18 PM
That's is whats awesome about Assassins creed...you can choose to be stealthy or go in like a mad man...I for one do both... I kill guards like crazy but when it comes to a target I go by unsuspecting and poison him and watch him flail around or I poison his body guard and watch as he gets hit with an axe...or even the occasional hidden gun from the rooftop.. It's up to you how you want it to go down...but we know have certain things to do in a mission to fully synch with it..such as not taking any damage and etc

ninja_7_7
11-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
No offense, but AC1 didn't really have stealth. I mean, I can walk praying down the street, casually slit a police officer's neck, and then walk away. But the police are going to find me immediately after they see the body and the blood on my sleeve.

In short, AC doesn't have stealth, it has "Social Stealth". And yes, AC:B will have that.
you played the wrong game. Police really!!!1

TheMusingMoose
11-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Police=Guard. Really...

It's called a metaphor... Type thing...

Oatkeeper
11-12-2010, 09:55 PM
it doesn't really encourage stealth. It either ignores it or forces it.

Thats what I feel was the main disadvantage to AC2. Yes, you can Play the game stealth fully, but there is nothing to entice the player to do so, such as AI that gives the player a run for their money (which is honestly the biggest thing they need to fix)

The Game has easy combat, Guards take forever to notice you (in AC1 at least there where guards that shat their pants the second you are within eyesite) guards are no fun to run away from because they give up easily (You dont even have to hide, in fact in AC2 I never once used a haystack to escape guards, i usually just climbed a building, where as in AC1 the guards didn't give up so easily), And Notoriety is easy to lower.

There is no real advantage to playing stealth-fully becuase the game lost a lot of its tension of getting noticed, and the AI encourages entering battles so you don't bore yourself from never being noticed and getting away with little effort.

Brotherhood COULD have fixed these issues, but I doubt it really has.

ninja_7_7
11-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
it doesn't really encourage stealth. It either ignores it or forces it.

Thats what I feel was the main disadvantage to AC2. Yes, you can Play the game stealth fully, but there is nothing to entice the player to do so, such as AI that gives the player a run for their money (which is honestly the biggest thing they need to fix)

The Game has easy combat, Guards take forever to notice you (in AC1 at least there where guards that shat their pants the second you are within eyesite) guards are no fun to run away from because they give up easily (You dont even have to hide, in fact in AC2 I never once used a haystack to escape guards, i usually just climbed a building, where as in AC1 the guards didn't give up so easily), And Notoriety is easy to lower.

There is no real advantage to playing stealth-fully becuase the game lost a lot of its tension of getting noticed, and the AI encourages entering battles so you don't bore yourself from never being noticed and getting away with little effort.

Brotherhood COULD have fixed these issues, but I doubt it really has.
We have yet to see the notoriety aspect of the game but I totally agree. AC was much harder.

AubreyWilborn
11-12-2010, 10:16 PM
I think there's actually more stealth in AC2 than in AC1-in the Assasination Contract missions. There are plenty of missions there in which, say, if a guard sees you and manages to sound an alarm-you fail the mission.

So there were plenty of cool, stealthy moments like stealthily swimming out to a ship in a harbor, killing the captain, and swimming away before anyone notices.

Oatkeeper
11-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
I think there's actually more stealth in AC2 than in AC1-in the Assasination Contract missions. There are plenty of missions there in which, say, if a guard sees you and manages to sound an alarm-you fail the mission.

So there were plenty of cool, stealthy moments like stealthily swimming out to a ship in a harbor, killing the captain, and swimming away before anyone notices. that goes back to my point of forcing stealth though. I would much rather alert my target and have to chase them down and desynce ONLY if I get too far away form the target, than have to desynce automatically because I was noticed.

Not only does it offer more variability for how you can complete the mission, but offers incentive for playing the missions over again, so you can get your ideal run.

I don't want forced stealth, I want ENCOURAGED stealth.

SWJS
11-12-2010, 11:03 PM
In an exotic gameplay walkthrough I saw on Xbox Live, the developer says that during the Tank Mission, if you're seen by any guard, you'll immediately be desyncronized and wont be able to complete the memory, so there are actually points in the game where stealth is forced.

Oatkeeper
11-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
In an exotic gameplay walkthrough I saw on Xbox Live, the developer says that during the Tank Mission, if you're seen by any guard, you'll immediately be desyncronized and wont be able to complete the memory, so there are actually points in the game where stealth is FORCED.

I cannot telll if this is aimed at me after my last post also had a word in all CAPS.

if it is, then I suggest you read my lost post again

SWJS
11-12-2010, 11:34 PM
I cannot telll if this is aimed at me after my last post also had a word in all CAPS.

if it is, then I suggest you read my lost post again
Actually good sir, my post was not aimed at you in any way, rather the entire topic. I just wanted to put emphasis on my word and felt too lazy to italicize it. It's fixed.

FrankieSatt
11-13-2010, 06:57 AM
What good is an assassin when everyone knows who you are and what you look like? I would think that stealth is a must for an assassin.

This is one reason why I don't like the "Tank" that's going to be in Brotherhood or the gun that was in both AC2 and will be in brotherhood.

In any case, Stealth is a must for an assassin and I for one will play the game that way.

obliviondoll
11-13-2010, 07:32 AM
In the context AC used it (desynchronised from memory), forcing stealth is supported by the storyline. Games which force stealth without a decent rationalisation annoy me.

Also, Batman: Arkham Asylum had a good way of forcing stealth. You were allowed to be unstealthy, they just had guys with machineguns who killed you really fast when you revealed yourself.

But games where you autofail because you were seen, unless there's a REALLY good explanation, just kind of annoy me.

I hope the "repressed memory" idea is used to increase player freedom, letting any mission be tackled however you want, but unlocking extra content if you follow the memory more accurately.

SolidSnakeMat
11-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Can't you guys accept the fact that the game lets you choose your own path on how to play it? Sure you can go CoD on it and run around kill everything but I think its much more fun to accutally sneak around kill my enemies and walk away like nothing happen while the rest look dumbfounded on the body. The forced stealth mission doesn't matter your an Assassin. You were made to kill in the shadows and a mission that forces you to be stealthy shouldn't be a problem to a well trained assassin.

F4H bandicoot
11-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by SolidSnakeMat:
Can't you guys accept the fact that the game lets you choose your own path on how to play it? Sure you can go CoD on it and run around kill everything but I think its much more fun to accutally sneak around kill my enemies and walk away like nothing happen while the rest look dumbfounded on the body. The forced stealth mission doesn't matter your an Assassin. You were made to kill in the shadows and a mission that forces you to be stealthy shouldn't be a problem to a well trained assassin.
I agree with this, even though i could banzai in, slaughter everything that moves, i'd rather actually play like an assassins SHOULD, stealythily creeping around,killing the guards i come across and moving the bodys out of sight. Sometimes running in a just killing is more fun, but it takes away one aspect of the game, namely the assassin bit.