PDA

View Full Version : The camera motion is doing my nut in!!!

pugnale-assass
08-10-2011, 10:45 AM
I am trying to defend Lean Dav assistant (Sorry name can't remember begins with S)and the dam camera auto motion is driving me crazy as it swings all over the place except where I want it. This makes me lose the fight and protect the assistant!! It is like having a boxing glove in your hand rather than something that should guide you. I don't know how to resolve it I have Win7 7 64bit and a Nvidia 500 series card. Anyone can help please

pugnale-assass
08-10-2011, 11:29 AM
GGGGRRRRR!!! It is driving me totally nuts and not allowing me to enjoy the dam game! I want to go in a direction I end up fighting the game to tell what direction Ezio should go. I know that it tells me what direction to go as a help but this is ridiculous. I am almost breaking the controller as I try to fight the game and its direction and I keep loosing against the dam clock and then have to restart. I wish and regret buying the game if I have to fight it

thornebrook
08-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Have you tried adjusting the X-Axis/Y-Axis sensitivity in the menu > control options?

Also, regarding your other thread, you can activate the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC via Uplay for 0 Uplay points. Once it's been activated, check in-game for a new icon on your map labeled "Restored Memory Sequence," assuming you're in Sequence 4 or higher.

pugnale-assass
08-10-2011, 01:21 PM
I will try as I am at my wits end trying to chase and end up with camera angles all over the place and jumping walls I hadn't intended dam well jumping. If it doesn't work I shall ask for my money back

pugnale-assass
08-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Just looked I can't access the adjustment on a 360 controller! I tried but it won't allow me to. I am not good with a keyboard so rely on the controller. I am suppose to be using the games to help me take my mind of my pain as I take 250mg of morphine a day, It was suggested to me I do this by the pain clinic, but all its done is cause me anguish and more pain!! So I shall be sending it back as it obviously is not really for a PC with a 360 controler. Everytime I see walkthrough's they are so precise and never have the problems I have to put up with. I don't wantto fight the system all the time. When I chose the settings of which to fight with I end up throwing coins or throwing knives which is not what I have set it on. God am I frustrated with this or what!!

thornebrook
08-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by pugnale-assass:
Just looked I can't access the adjustment on a 360 controller! I tried but it won't allow me to. I am not good with a keyboard so rely on the controller. I am suppose to be using the games to help me take my mind of my pain as I take 250mg of morphine a day, It was suggested to me I do this by the pain clinic, but all its done is cause me anguish and more pain!! So I shall be sending it back as it obviously is not really for a PC with a 360 controler. Everytime I see walkthrough's they are so precise and never have the problems I have to put up with. I don't wantto fight the system all the time. When I chose the settings of which to fight with I end up throwing coins or throwing knives which is not what I have set it on. God am I frustrated with this or what!!

It's weird that it's not working for you. I just checked in-game with a 360 controller. Menu > Options > Controls > Y Look Sensitivity and X Look Sensitivity. I could adjust mine just fine, I have mine set up as 6 and 7 respectively.

Sorry about your pain, man. No idea what's ailing you, but I really hope you get better.

pugnale-assass
08-10-2011, 03:45 PM
I have gone to options>Contolls and it is all greyed out it won't allow me to access it at all. I only had the game through the post this morning and put it on. I loaded it and started it. I wonder if its because its a 64bit and I have to have it upgraded by MS?

thornebrook
08-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Maybe, I'm not sure. :( I run mine in 64-bit Windows 7, and the game installed in the x86 directory for me.

I've heard of a few other PC players with Xbox controllers having issues with it, with no resolution...and I don't think Ubisoft Support helps with Xbox Controller compatibility issues for the PC. I'm hoping other PC gamers more knowledgeable with this issue would chime in.

pugnale-assass
08-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Thanks for your help - I am also hoping someone has an answer to this as I have wasted my money on my first game. If this is the quality I won't bother anymore

pugnale-assass
08-11-2011, 05:36 AM
Just to say, I have adjusted it now. The only theory I have is that the Leonardo memory is an addon, therefore you cannot adjust whilst you are in that part. So to help they are set at 2 each. Yeh that is low, but it seems to resolve part of it. However it is still causing me problems in that I have to fight for the vision and direction I want to go against the auto direct, which is okay at times when its a difficult area, but I don't want to fight the program, I want to fight within the game. So as I have reduced its problem slightly it makes it kinda playable. I will persevere as quite frankly I don't think the developers want to know

thornebrook
08-11-2011, 05:42 AM
Glad to hear you've managed to adjust it and that it's more playable for you now! That's good news. I hope the game gets less frustrating for you as you play it.

DCAustin007
08-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Is the camera really that bad in Brotherhood? I'm considering buying now that it's on sale this weekend.

pugnale-assass
08-14-2011, 03:10 PM
What can I say to your reply? It really is an amazing work of graphics and enjoyable story that is rich with history and detail. What 'I' have found is that I have constantly battled against plenty of glitches. You will be led to jump from one place to another on the auto parts, but find Ezio jumping in another direction. You start running away or just quickly and you end up running up doorways and then you fight the controller to get it in the right direction. I found the flying machine unbelievably awful to use and you crash from one point to another.

I have now almost finished, there are plenty of stories, plenty of frustrations. Even after all the stress of fighting the controller and glitches it is worth buying. You may not have the same problems as I had, I hope you don't. I bought it from Asda (UK) for 17.99 and free delivery. Its an amazing epic story, that is why I bought it, not just a shoot and shoot and a none brainier, but one that you have to use your intelligence and you do learn on the way. I do also enjoy the amount of work that has gone into it.