PDA

View Full Version : gun sight recitile dimmer

Paperkite29
12-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Is there any way to turn down the brightness or make more transparent/ translucent the gun sight rectile ? These old eyes have a hard time seeing the target as the cross hairs are pretty large when in zoom mode, fixed objects not so bad if one gets right up in their face , but in dog fight ... ugh . thanks for any help.

Paperkite29
12-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Is there any way to turn down the brightness or make more transparent/ translucent the gun sight rectile ? These old eyes have a hard time seeing the target as the cross hairs are pretty large when in zoom mode, fixed objects not so bad if one gets right up in their face , but in dog fight ... ugh . thanks for any help.

Choctaw111
12-10-2009, 08:40 AM
I agree that there should be a setting for reticle dimmer brightness, but there is not.
At least not in the "stock" version of the sim.

Sillius_Sodus
12-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Yeah, some of the Japanese sights are just brutal.

Ba5tard5word
12-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Some sights have shades you can put on that I think are supposed to be used when pointing into the sun...though it makes the sights so dark that it's hard to see the target, but it might help. I'm not sure what the name listed for it in the control settings is, it's ctrl+b for me, it's the same as for removing the cover on the periscope sights. I think that Bf-109's have it, and some Japanese fighters. When you press this on Italian fighters like the MC-205, the sights change to a weird series of red dots, not sure if it would help or not, the normal gunsights on the 205 are kind of crappy and the red dots aren't any better for me.

Or maybe turn down the brightness on your monitor? I don't like looking at a bright white screen with black text on it, my eyes start to hurt after a while, so I turn the monitor's brighness and contrast a bit if I'm reading a lot of text or surfing the web.

K_Freddie
12-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Just pull the trigger when the plane dissapears behind that.. grey thingy... in front of you.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif