PDA

View Full Version : AC:Brotherhood Stuttering issue

madarHR
04-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Ok so i have a problem with stuttering in this game.FPS is high but the game stutters an any kinda settings both in Nvdia control panel or ingame.Its like this:Im running with ezio and the frame rate slows/stutters then the game skips a frame or two and its realy annonying.It happens even in cutscenes specialy if im in interriors.I posted a gif for a better explenation:http://flickcabin.com/public/view/96872

My specs:MSI P43 NEO
Intel Quad Core 2,4GHz
4GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 460 1GB DDR5
Seagate Barracuda 150GB 7200rpm
WD 500GB 7200rpm
PSU Corsair 400W

Things i tried:reinstaling drivers,cleaning old drivers with driver sweeper,changing settings ingame or in nvidia control panel,changing option in BIOS like turning off EIST,unchecking cores in affinity-task manager,changing my page file and many more tricks that i have finded on internet

AC2 has the same stutters
Other games like Crysis 2,CoD BO,Just Cause 2 run smooth
Currently i have beta driver 270.51(i think thats is the right numbers,anyway they are the newest possible)

P.S. i used to own a card HD 3870 512MB
-with that card AC2 runned perfect on constant 60fps,highest settings without STUTTERING!!

Any suggestion is welcome and im very grateful for any help
If i didint put up enough information tell me please

madarHR
04-09-2011, 11:21 AM
bump

Michaeljcox24
04-10-2011, 06:02 AM
there's no official response on the stuttering. There's been several posts over the past few days, and none of the admins have been any help at all.

RasGhi
04-10-2011, 07:42 AM
I experience the same thing. We'll just have to wait.

KingDaniel0
04-10-2011, 08:19 AM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a side note, what happens if you enable and Force VSYNC to ON, both under GPU's Control Panel and in-game options ? Does it reduce any kind of micro-stutter ? But try to use this along with 'Triple Buffering', via any tool like RivaTuner.

Are you guys conflicting any in-game settings with your Video Card's Control panel ?

There is one old program/tool i.e. 3D-Analyze. Download it, and select the game's exe i.e ACBSP.exe, and tick the bottom option i.e. Remove Stuttering. You can also create a BATCH file and run it....

There are 2 modes here, Quality and Performance. Try the second one. But, I doubt this is going to work on Brotherhood, as the game is very new and the ENGINE is different, and this option works best on OLD Video cards and games. But you can give it a try.

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/download/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

madarHR
04-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a side note, what happens if you enable and Force VSYNC to ON, both under GPU's Control Panel and in-game options ? Does it reduce any kind of micro-stutter ? But try to use this along with 'Triple Buffering', via any tool like RivaTuner.

Are you guys conflicting any in-game settings with your Video Card's Control panel ?

There is one old program/tool i.e. 3D-Analyze. Download it, and select the game's exe i.e ACBSP.exe, and tick the bottom option i.e. Remove Stuttering. You can also create a BATCH file and run it....

There are 2 modes here, Quality and Performance. Try the second one. But, I doubt this is going to work on Brotherhood, as the game is very new and the ENGINE is different, and this option works best on OLD Video cards and games. But you can give it a try.

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/download/

Thanks alot gonna try that
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr_Shade
04-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Michaeljcox24:
there's no official response on the stuttering. There's been several posts over the past few days, and none of the admins have been any help at all. Which may be due to it being a new issue..

If there is no official statement issued, we can't post one.

If this problem has just started - and you have not installed beta or uncertified drivers - make sure you do the following:

Please make sure you contact Ubisoft support - who will be able to both try and help but more importantly be able to gather information from you all to pass on to the Dev Team.

Make sure you remember to tell them all the important specs and driver versions when you contact them.

You can contact them in a number of way - such as via the contact us link, or via the link in my signature.

Remember to make your submission, clear and concise - and remember to state the game has only just started to stutter - which may be important.

Michaeljcox24
04-11-2011, 11:57 PM
It hasn't only just started though, it's been bad since day 1.

Nevertheless, I've contacted support. She did the usual reading from a piece of paper (update your drivers etc) but like you say, had no real concrete response to solve the problem.

I'm not going to run the game again until this is solved. It's spoiling it, and I refuse to be believe (but will be extremely annoyed if it is true) that the reason for this stuttering is the fact it's a lazy console port.