PDA

View Full Version : Good News!!!

Chewitt321
08-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Hey guys,
BBFC have rated Assassin's Creed Brotherhood a 15!

mikeh1294
08-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Link? I didn't think that the BBFC did that anymore, I thought it was ERSB.

rupok2
08-19-2010, 03:37 PM
15 out of what?

mikeh1294
08-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by rupok2:
15 out of what?

Age rating, as in "You have to be 15 to buy/play this game."

rupok2
08-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by mikini:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rupok2:
15 out of what?

Age rating, as in "You have to be 15 to buy/play this game." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well that's stupid. Rated M games are the most fun.

ninjasownu
08-19-2010, 04:46 PM
So this is teen? Is this the US?

Chewitt321
08-19-2010, 05:28 PM
http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/...-Creed®-Brotherhood/ (http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/games/detail/item278816/Assassin’s-Creed®-Brotherhood/) sorry I forgot the link, here you go enjoy!. By the way BBFC is the rating system in Britain, we either have BBFC or PEGI rate our games. Only BBFC rate our movies: they have:

BBFC/ American/ PEGI
U/ universal/ 3+
7+/ don't know American/ 7+
12 or 12a/ one below teen in USA/ 12+
15/ teen/ 16
18/ m or mature/ 18
Just to let you know some games fall in to a margin causing one game rater group http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif to rate them 15/ 16/ teen and another 18/18/mature. Generally pegi overate games compared to BBFC.

See ya Chewitt

SBRedFlag
08-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Why/how is this good news, exactly?

itsamea-mario
08-19-2010, 06:12 PM
i would imagine, it is good news to those people whos ages are beyond that of 15 yet below that of 17-18.

rupok2
08-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
i would imagine, it is good news to those people whos ages are beyond that of 15 yet below that of 17-18.

Who actually cares about age restrictions anymore?

Unless your like 8 playing a rated M game it really doesn't matter. I played rated M games since i was 12. In fact I will turn 17 only next month. IMO rated M games turn out to be the best games.

ninjasownu
08-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by rupok2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:

Unless your like 8 playing a rated M game it really doesn't matter. I played rated M games since i was 12. In fact I will turn 17 only next month. IMO rated M games turn out to be the best games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They are but here is the problem I am 16 yet I cant buy Brotherhood alone, trade in games, and other things. Gamestop even cards my brother who is 21...

m0nkeyrama
08-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Chewitt321:
BBFC/ American / PEGI
U/ EC for Early Childhood / 3+
7+/ E for Everyone / 7+
12 or 12a/ E10+ for Everyone 10+ / 12+
15/ T for Teen / 16
18/ M for Mature / 18

Here is the American, just in case you wanted to know http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

rupok2
08-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by ninjasownu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rupok2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:

Unless your like 8 playing a rated M game it really doesn't matter. I played rated M games since i was 12. In fact I will turn 17 only next month. IMO rated M games turn out to be the best games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They are but here is the problem I am 16 yet I cant buy Brotherhood alone, trade in games, and other things. Gamestop even cards my brother who is 21... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just buy it online. Don't put in your real birth date that's dangerous anyways, Problem solved.

SBRedFlag
08-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by ninjasownu:

They are but here is the problem I am 16 yet I cant buy Brotherhood alone, trade in games, and other things. Gamestop even cards my brother who is 21... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So buy online or something. Or ask a parent (or your brother) to buy it for you and pay them back. There's a lot of options that aren't too inconvenient, so, again, why is it a good thing (or a bad thing) if a game is rated 15 instead of 18?

ninjasownu
08-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by sbredflag:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninjasownu:

So buy online or something. Or ask a parent (or your brother) to buy it for you and pay them back. There's a lot of options that aren't too inconvenient, so, again, why is it a good thing (or a bad thing) if a game is rated 15 instead of 18? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dont always have a car and I can walk to gamestop. My parents dont care about games at all.

EzioAssassin51
08-20-2010, 01:08 AM
Here in aus we have

G - General Audiences
PG - Parental Guidance for young viewers
M - Mature Audience 15+
MA - Strictly 15+

And AC is rated MA. But here, it doesn't matter if your only 14 and you're getting a MA game, because all you need is a parent next to you and the salesman can only warn you that it's MA!

Good system IMO

BTW we also have the R18+ for movies, but this isn't implemented for games yet... i think they're thinking about it!

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 01:16 AM
How is it good news, its not bad news for me just means that youngsters wont be able to play the game for 5 mins and then get bored when they realise you actually have to think about this game and it is not a pointless CODish game. Sorry kids.

EzioAssassin51
08-20-2010, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
How is it good news, its not bad news for me just means that youngsters wont be able to play the game for 5 mins and then get bored when they realise you actually have to think about this game and it is not a pointless CODish game. Sorry kids.

Huh? What do you mean?

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:

Huh? What do you mean? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean its a shame that kids wont be able to pick up this game and be bored after 5mins of playing this game when they realise you cant just sit on a gun blasting things aimlessley. As they do.

The_Hunger
08-20-2010, 02:45 AM
that sucks.....

now the game is PG.. What sold the game in the first place as the fact it was very mature content. it just lost its value and the essence of what the game was just to score an extra buck. sad..... :/

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by The_Hunger:
that sucks.....

now the game is PG.. What sold the game in the first place as the fact it was very mature content. it just lost its value and the essence of what the game was just to score an extra buck. sad..... :/

A game does not need mature content to be good. Although in this instance i do agree with what you mean imagine killing a guy on AC and no blood appearing. Sad i agree.

The_Hunger
08-20-2010, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Hunger:
that sucks.....

A game does not need mature content to be good. Although in this instance i do agree with what you mean imagine killing a guy on AC and no blood appearing. Sad i agree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah its horrible.... these are medieval times there was no roses and daisies when it came to killing. Its not always a quick death, those times were brutal and extremely painful. Well let just say those times werent pretty unless u were a farmer or a noble.

And when i got these games the developers wanted to make it feel as if u were in medieval times with the gore and brutalization of the kill.

jimbo11235813
08-20-2010, 03:31 AM
Regardless what the rating BBFC rating is, the ratings for America may still be Mature as it has been for the first two games (which had a BBFC rating of 15). So fear not (especially rupok2), the american rating will probably be higher.

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by The_Hunger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Hunger:
that sucks.....

A game does not need mature content to be good. Although in this instance i do agree with what you mean imagine killing a guy on AC and no blood appearing. Sad i agree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah its horrible.... these are medieval times there was no roses and daisies when it came to killing. Its not always a quick death, those times were brutal and extremely painful. Well let just say those times werent pretty unless u were a farmer or a noble.

And when i got these games the developers wanted to make it feel as if u were in medieval times with the gore and brutalization of the kill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldnt agree more mate. With all of the study i have doen over the last few years in history one thing i have realised is the further back you go the more sick and brutal the world was. To take it out of a game would just be shocking especially after one of the elemnets that makes this series of games so great is that you really feel as though you are in the time period and as you say thats not pretty. Even if you were a nobleman or farmer life was still allot more hairy than tis now.

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by jimbo_323:
Regardless what the rating BBFC rating is, the ratings for America may still be Mature as it has been for the first two games (which had a BBFC rating of 15). So fear not (especially rupok2), the american rating will probably be higher.

Only because of the ridiculous OTT Health and saftey laws in the US not becasue of any extra bonus mate.