PDA

View Full Version : Are Cat. 410 best drivers for PF???

blankenship
12-22-2004, 07:49 AM
I finally got my game running on Perfect mode. I had been using the Cat 411 drivers and while I could run on Perfect, I started to get some graphic issues. Then I used the new 412s and had the same graphic issues plus the game lock up and that was never a problem in the past. I removed the old drivers, ran driver cleaner and installed Cat 410 drivers which someone said were very stable. Game runs fine without lockups or large yellow squares instead of sun flares. My question is are their any difference in the way the game looks with the 410s vs. the 411 or 412 drivers? I saw a post that said the water looks too dark with the 410 drivers and I agree. Or, is this the power of suggestion and my imagination. Also, the 410s don't come with a control panel so I can't adjust the brightness. Thoughts?

blankenship
12-22-2004, 07:49 AM
I finally got my game running on Perfect mode. I had been using the Cat 411 drivers and while I could run on Perfect, I started to get some graphic issues. Then I used the new 412s and had the same graphic issues plus the game lock up and that was never a problem in the past. I removed the old drivers, ran driver cleaner and installed Cat 410 drivers which someone said were very stable. Game runs fine without lockups or large yellow squares instead of sun flares. My question is are their any difference in the way the game looks with the 410s vs. the 411 or 412 drivers? I saw a post that said the water looks too dark with the 410 drivers and I agree. Or, is this the power of suggestion and my imagination. Also, the 410s don't come with a control panel so I can't adjust the brightness. Thoughts?

Inadaze
12-22-2004, 08:05 AM
Yup, the 4.10s are stable, but the water is darker, It's not your imagination.

If you don't have a control panel you can download one here http://www2.ati.com/drivers/control-panel-8-062-040929a-018115C.exe

Inadaze