PDA

View Full Version : why even post a release date ,knowing your not going to make it?

bandag99
01-11-2011, 03:50 PM
I can't figure out why Ubi always ,and I mean religiously puts off their release dates of their franchise games. I mean you guys haven't made one date on time for about a decade now. You guys always give us gamers this phony release date,then when we start getting close to the bogus release date(like about a month or two months to go) you guys ,come on and put back the release date for 4 ,5 ,8 months at time. What in the _ _ck is really going on? It happened for both advanced warfighters,both R6 Vegas's,the first HAWX,the last two Assasins creeds. Why get our hopes up ,knowing you have no intention of keeping that original release date? It gets me so ****ed! And your company is the only one I know that does it routinely ,with every franchise game. Now Future Soldier is put back to Halloween of this year and then you guys will put it off to Xmas of this year. I guarantee it,it's a Reno bet for sure.Why did you even list March of 2011 for being a release date?

kalenath
01-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Because:

It is NOT. THEIR. PROBLEM.

Why should they care about us? We don't matter. All we are is the customer. Our opinions apparently mean absolutely nothing to Ubisoft.

The can push back their release dates into the next decade and they won't care in the slightest how it makes us feel.

Oh, I am sorry. They will SAY how sorry they are that they raised our expectations yet AGAIN with their BS. THEN they will put out some Wii game that is stupid, half finished and buggy as hell.

Because THAT is what matters to them. Not their core gamers, their NEW markets.

Players who will buy whatever Ubisoft puts out without thought, people who will buy every DLC out there simply because it IS out there. Players who will NOT use the crappy excuses for customer service and support, simply buy NEW Ubisoft titles when the one they buy doesn't work!

Funny, huh?

THAT is what they seem to be aiming for and I am sure that SOMEONE will buy whatever they put out. So why SHOULD they care? They sell their games, that is ALL that matters to them.

kleaneasy
01-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Itís not a case of not caring how the community feel, sometimes decisions have to be made...whatís in the best interest of the game and its community, a game thatís not ready and they wonít like or a delay they wonít like and a game they will.

kalenath
01-13-2011, 08:27 AM
No offense intended to you, ms-kleaneasy.

But BS. They, and by extension -you-, tell us NOTHING. No updates, no word, not a thing. What are we supposed to think? That it slipped people's minds? Or that their OTHER games are more important?

I am being serious here, not sarcastic or intentionally antagonizing. If it comes across that way, I apologize. I want an answer and as far as I can tell your company simply does not wish to give me one.

That hurts. A lot.

I have been a loyal fan of Ubisoft from the moment I bought Ghost Recon 1. I dealt with what I consider the less than intelligent choices with all of the Ghost Recon franchises since because I wanted a repeat of the EPIC.

And what do I get? The shaft up my rear end. How am I supposed to feel? What am I supposed to think? Am I supposed to think? Or just buy whatever comes out no matter WHAT I think of it?

I don't know anymore. I wanted an epic game and I get silence. I get the runaround.

From your company, I get things that don't work as advertised, don't have what is advertised and when I ask for help I get some automated BS. I know Ubisoft has expanded somewhat in the last several years, but come on! I get more answers from Google than I get from your own tech support sites. I don't WANT to be angry. But I don't see any other way to be.

I know my voice is meaningless in today's world. One single voice, no matter who it is, is worthless. So I guess its not worth trying to get an answer anymore.

Ubisoft has made it's opinion of the gamers quite clear. Buy the games and then STFU.

So be it. I will shut up. And I will take my business elsewhere.

xB0NES
01-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
Itís not a case of not caring how the community feel, sometimes decisions have to be made...whatís in the best interest of the game and its community, a game thatís not ready and they wonít like or a delay they wonít like and a game they will. No offense lady, (I'm sure IRL you are a fine person) but that sounds alot like corporate BS to me. You may not realize it yet, but you are just a tool to them.

kleaneasy
01-14-2011, 03:57 AM
kalenath I agree that not having the information is a pain in the rear end, it annoys me that we can't have those kind of conversations with you all but sadly its the way it is.

That doesnt make whats going on behind the scenes any less real though, but yes I understand why you don't trust that with no information

GuZZ33
01-24-2011, 05:11 AM
If anyone cares to check all Ubisoft official UK game sites you will see that there is no mention of Ghost Recon Future Soldier for the PC right now. So, one can only conclude that GR:FS is not in production/development at this moment for the windows platform?.

usrecon1
01-24-2011, 05:51 PM
I dont know and its annoying they have claimed a release date for everything else except pc and xbox 360 i mean come on i want to play this so bad ive been checking this site everydayfor the last 5 days and theres no release date for 360

usrecon1
01-24-2011, 05:58 PM
i agree iive been seeing the release date for the last 5 days and its _issing me off to and i hope for it to come out sooner and ive seen them playing it on youtube and god i just want to play so -ucking bad and im hoping to be a tester off the gae and hoping to get a reply back of yhat info

GuZZ33
01-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by usrecon1:
no release date for 360
Eyes wide open mate?, check the GR:FS Q&A, there is no set release date for any of the major gaming platforms.

GR:FS will probably be available to purchase at retail shops between april 2011 and end of march 2012. My guess is console versions out summer/autumn 2011 and PC winter 2011 or between january-march 2012 if development and creativity goes well?.

Rea1SamF1sher
04-19-2011, 08:09 AM
Last time Ubisoft made a big delay it was when Conviction was announced. The delay was because of the reaction of the community and the press being sceptical about Conviction reminding to much of AC (it wasn't a copy to AC though). At the end the delay was "good" for the community. A lot may say (and I am one of them) the new Conviction moved to much from the core game. But it was the best what this dev team could do. Building Conviction from scratch in two years and it is a very polished game. They come up with some very nice features which hopefully will be kept and improved in future SCs. The best thing about that is that they learned what they can do with a franchise and how far they change Splinter Cell so it's a Splinter Cell game. They know what they made wrong and what they made right.

Maybe the same thing just happens with Future Soldier?

blueberry606
04-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Andre202:
But it was the best what this dev team could do.

Making excuses are we? They added features to conviction? It must have been really lame before. But they still would have fed it to you if they could have got away with it. Stop believing that Devs do what they can. They do what they are told. If theres not enouph devs working on a project, then a half measure is what you get and what was paid for.

The delay for GRFS is because everyone saw how lame the WI version was and decided to make changes to the game and marketing stradegy. This game will not ever be what we want. They dont really care what we want. They, want just enouph to silence the critics and make the game sell.

If this game was what we wanted they would do like blizard did with Star Craft and just give us the original GR with updated graphics and a way to make content again. This franchise has run amuck with trying to be something futuristic instead of being substantial. Cutting edge? It will be just another 3 month game. Maybe...LOLOLOL

Yep we will still buy it. SEE what I mean? When do we stop asking? We have asked since GRAW 1 came out. Just dont bother anymore. Just buy it, get your 3 month fix and move on to the next 3 month game......

SackersUK
04-22-2011, 05:20 AM
Honestly guys, UBI (or any other dev team) are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Would you prefer they stick to deadlines and then release the game unfinished? No, of course you wouldn't.

So would you rather they release a game with all the bells and whistles attached? No, of course you don't, for you are impatient to play the damn thing and because of that it seems as though you can't see past your nose.

Just be patient and it will arrive once it is ready.

kalenath
04-22-2011, 06:10 AM
True, but ANY other dev team would tell the playerbase something. Anything.

A simple 'We had some unforeseen issues come up, please bear with us' would have saved a LOT of angst.Even a 'Corporate policy is changing.' Or 'We have to fix a bunch of things.' would have been understood. We UNDERSTAND about bugs, we understand about last minute changes.

We would have griped, yes. We would not be debating whether or not to ever buy any of the company's products again. Something simple and to the point, like 'We are working on it.' would have been better than nothing. The ONLY information we have gotten recently has been unofficial from a dev about how one of her colleagues was working on a map beside her. Until then we had no idea if the game had been cancelled or not. They wouldn't tell us, would they?

Silence is their policy now. Its dumb and aggravating, but its their policy.

SackersUK
04-22-2011, 07:09 AM
In fairness to UBI and the GR series, it's been this way for a long time. Maybe it's just their company policy to do so.

I know previously where UBI had promised certain releases/features which ended up not coming out on full release - this in turn got them severely slated so perhaps they have learnt from their mistakes.

Either way...

kalenath
04-22-2011, 07:21 AM
Agreed.

They are darned of they do and darned if they don't. But it does smack of rudeness or lack of care.

SackersUK
04-22-2011, 07:34 AM
Yes, you are right, I'd much prefer them to be open and up front about what is going on with the GR series.

That being said, at the end of the day I just want them to bring out a really good game... end of story! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif