PDA

View Full Version : My Medic during the Kosovo Campaign just passed away. Rest in peace Brother.

Choctaw111
02-12-2007, 12:15 PM
I thought I would share this outside of the veterans thread. He passed away peacefully in the VA hospice Friday evening after a long battle with brain cancer. He was only 27 with a wife and two sons. He was a good man and had my highest respect. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers. There was a very nice write up in the paper about him stating how he kept Serbian civilians alive after a grenade attack until they could be airlifted off the battlefield. I was personally with him when this happened (mentioned in the veterans thread) and it is things like this that draw soldiers close to one another. A lifelong bond that cannot be explained. I have been dreading the day to find out this terrible news but he is in no pain now. May God rest his soul. I salute him and will miss him more than words can say.

Taylortony
02-12-2007, 02:24 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif it's the best that always seems to go first,

My Brother In Law was a Dentist and past away from Cancer long before his time.... He could never do enough for people, scared of going to the Dentist? not a problem, he would come to your home and treat you in your favourite chair.. as a mark of his Character there were people standing outside the church unable to get in for his last farewell....

To have saved one life makes it all worthwhile and he has made a difference....

Condolences to his wife and young family, but remember although he spent such a short time on this world, there are people in far off lands that although they do not know who he was or even could understand why he was there, he will be in their hearts forever and not forgotten for what he did for them and their families.......... a more fitting epitaph one would struggle to equal..

Salute to a fallen comrade.

PBNA-Boosher
02-12-2007, 02:33 PM
My condolences to a brave soul and his family. Thank you.

Sintubin
02-12-2007, 03:46 PM
My condolences to a brave man

May he rest in peace

to young to go

Udidtoo
02-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Hoping his family can find solace in knowing his suffering is over. Rest in peace.

JRJacobs
02-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Requiescat In Pace

-HH-Quazi
02-12-2007, 05:15 PM
I can't help but feel there is a very special place for him and those like him from all walks of life. May he find rest from this weary world.

Feathered_IV
02-13-2007, 02:16 AM
Condolences to you and to his family. There are others out there alive now, thanks to him.