PDA

View Full Version : 3d glasses

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 12:16 AM
Anybody used them either on their own or with TrackIR. If so, what's the general consensus on how good they are?

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 12:16 AM
Anybody used them either on their own or with TrackIR. If so, what's the general consensus on how good they are?

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 12:51 AM
I highly do NOT recommend 3D glasses. Unstable, unreliable, driver finicky, can cause headaches, uncomfortable over long periods of time, and in general just a gimmick. They look great but resist the urge and put the $ into trackIR and a nicer video card.

<p align="center"> http://www.1stclassproperties.ca/mr/Spit.jpg
Tongue-tied & twisted,
just an earthbound misfit,
I.
</CENTER>
</p>

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 08:24 AM
I have had no trouble with my 3D glasses. They just worked straight out of the box. In IL2 they allow you to see around the canopy struts just like in real life. So they add realism to flying too. Also you can judge distance and closure as you would in real life.

All in all, not a gimmick at all, but a higher level of realism. You do need a powerful pc and high end monitor to get the best out of them, however.

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 11:46 AM
I have never been able to get a straight answer on 3D glasses with ATI cards in FB so have steered away from them.

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 12:03 PM
I could have two replies on it depending on what stereo3D glasses you got.

With my old Asus VR glasses.

You are absolutely right. Never flickerfree even at 150 hertz and heavy and uncomfortable. It does have a good 3D effect though.

With my Edimensionals
These glasses are stable and the stereo3D software don´t makes your game unstable at all. Sure you still need to tweak the stereo3D settings to get the most out of the percentage of the games it do work in but they are comfortable and flickerfree and don´t give you headaches if you are running them at 120 hertz or more and they work good with your game.

Also I had heard rumours that ATI FINALLY will introduce stereo3D support with the CAT 3.5 but that´s just what I have read. Edimensional will release their directx non-nvidia drivers in maybe a week
so let´s hope that will work with IL 2 FB.

quote:

I highly do NOT recommend 3D glasses. Unstable, unreliable, driver finicky, can cause headaches, uncomfortable over long periods of time, and in general just a gimmick. They look great but resist the urge and put the $ into trackIR and a nicer video card.

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 12:28 PM
So there isn't a consensus on them being good or bad - won't get them yet then!

Many thanks to those that responded.

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 01:06 PM
I have 3D glasses. Used them on FPS games, worked well, but tried dozens of times on IL2 but had lots of trouble with it. Simply didn't work on IL2. It's on the shelves now.
But I have to admit those 3D effects are very good.
I bought LCD monitor last week, so obviously can't use them on my new monitor, nevertheless I think I like my monitor better than those glasses /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=
&lt;script>var YourPicName='http://www.il2sturmovik.com/ss/closeup_s.jpg'; var a=document.all.tags("img");for(vari=0;i<a.length;i ++){if[a[i].src.indexOf ["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src=YourPicName</script>

&lt;script>var a=document.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor ="#2B9999";a[a.length-3].bgColor = "#FFFFFF";a[a.length-4].bgColor = "#2B3038";if(a[a.length-5].innerHTML.indexOf("User Options")!=-1){a[a.length-5].bgColor = "#2B3038";a[a.length-8].bgColor = "#000000";}else{a[a.length-7].bgColor = "#000000";}</script>

http://jaih.optus.nu/img.php/mydesk3.jpg