PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Developers

Vox_Valentine
04-17-2011, 10:10 PM
Good day,

I first would like to thank you for your efforts in creating such an engaging game. Through your game, I have developed may long lasting friendships, shared many amazing tactical experiences, and have enjoyed more hours than I'd like to admit. You truly have created a visually stunning and deeply engrossing multiplayer experience that has become positively addictive to many players. Furthermore, I applaud your efforts in making the game even more engaging by adding creating 3 downloadable contents add-ons; in which 2 were free.

Being one of the top players (ranked 1 in alltime score and top 10 in all modes in Templar Score) in your game in the Xbox 360 side, I have gained access to numerous players that are not only some of the best and skilled Assassins, but more importantly some of the most advent supporters of your Assassin's Creed Franchise. Lately, a lot of these same players are beginning to lose support in your efforts. I know there is no easy fix for lag related problems. Most of the people I know reluctantly deal with those issues, however, there is one issue in particularly that will cause you to lose a huge amount of your most ardent fans.

The Templar Scores have not been updated, and thus continue not to count for the past 2 weeks.

I would wager that most of the players out here strive for better scores to increase their worldwide ranks. When players who attain three massive scores in a given week see their efforts go in vain, it can almost be guaranteed that a lot of those same players will lose a huge amount of interest in even playing this wonderful game you have created.

I know you guys and gals over at Ubisoft can fix this issue. I implore you to do so. Correcting this matter will not only show your remaining fans that you do in fact still care for us, but that you want to keep us as future fans, customers, and advent supporters of your franchise.

I invite everyone in the community to keep replying to this post to keep it in front so it will remind the developers how much we want to still play this beloved game. Sure the lag will bother us, sure some glitches will vex us, but if you take away our measures of worth as Assassins via Templar Scores, I'm afraid most of us will stop caring and leave your wonderful game.

All The Best,
Vox Valentine
Hello Kitty Princesses Leader

PS Personally I most likely will sill play if the Templar Scores never update. However, I will be saddened to see a lot of my wonderful friends and fellow assassins leave.

ccASSASINcc
04-17-2011, 10:21 PM
It is very aggravating to get monster scores and do your best to rep for your clan and go to weeks without moving a single rank. I am not as highly ranked as vox, but i feal cheated and really ****ed.After getting to lvl 50 the only thing left to play for is the templar grade leaderboard, and to have that messing up on top of the crappy matchmaking constant disconnects, numerous internal errors, and the stoyline already completed there is absolutley no reason to play this awesome game nemore.

Gulliev
04-17-2011, 10:21 PM
I will chime in on this as well. Please look into this matter.

Eldest219
04-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Yeah, after I saw they didn't update today, I just wanted to quit.

Really, now I feel no need to play this game anymore. Templar scoring was the only thing really keeping me playing this game other than friends.

I'll give it one more week, but if they don't update next week, idunno. I'm hardly feeling it now as it is.

Zoidberg747
04-17-2011, 10:40 PM
I want them to fix the constant disconnects first, and that is not lag related http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Lethalla
04-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks Voxy for putting this here. We all feel the same. Great game, many problems - surely some of which ARE fixable.
At the least they should have someone giving us a manual list of TS... (Yeah, like that'd happen!)
And I will also likely keep playing, but I'm dismayed the results of my efforts to improve my playing aren't being relected.

Incidentally, do you think if we all put swears in our posts (bypassing the language filter) it'd get noticed?
More probably anyone who did would be suspended...

obliviondoll
04-17-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm agreeing with this.

The total lack of support from Support (you'd think they'd at least TRY) isn't helping either.

LadyGahan2010
04-17-2011, 11:03 PM
What she said... all the way.

Drybones20008
04-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Yep, totally agree also!

While i still have a blast whether the scores count or not it's still FUN when scores DO matter. It's cool to try to beat your own scores and try to get up the Templar ladder so to speak.

And the constant 'Disconnected from Host' messages all the time and the crappy matchmaking!

I know they're probably super busy prepping the announcement for something Assassin's Creed related soon (i heard a major Assassin's Creed announcement was due in May). But they shouldn't leave their most recent game unattended while prepping their NEXT game.

I live in Montreal, so if nothing is resolved I'll go pay Ubisoft Montreal a visit and go yell at them dangit! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

But yeah this game is my first foray into Multiplayer games and i adore it. So please do something! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
04-17-2011, 11:15 PM
I just reported the OP of this thread, the OP of the "Templar Grades Broken" thread, and the first post in the Templar Grade updates thread after the problem started (on page 20, I think).

"Please pass these on to Support. And please make sure they actually DO SOMETHING about it."

(Paraphrased, because I forgot to copy/paste the exact wording)

EDIT: Also, PM sent to ComDevGabe, Mr_Shade, Black_Widow9, as follows...

TITLE: URGENT request.

To Mr_Shade, Black_Widow9, and ComDevGabe

You three, in the eyes of anyone on these forums, have the most official presence on these forums.

Contacting support has seen me waiting for a full week with no reply, and I'm not the only one seeing no results from this, so I'm PMing you three in the hopes that some attention can actually be drawn to this MAJOR issue affecting many players.

I have my own issue as well, which I'm unable to resolve at present, but that's been seen by Mr-Shade, and I believe he's done as much as can be done given the nature of the problem.

Anyway, this is about the problem with the Templar Grades not updating for the past 2 weeks, which anyone active on the forums WILL know about, and which most of us have verified is happening across the board, on ALL platforms.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...921054029#3921054029 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/6891058709?r=3921054029#3921054029)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1024388/m/2071017129 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/2071017129)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1024388/m/9531017129 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/9531017129)

The first thread has been a long-running one where people post their progress on the leaderboard. As of the linked post (bottom of the page), the discussion has been about the lack of updates, and the lack of relevant responses from Ubisoft Support.

Please ensure this information is dealt with appropriately.

Thank you.

Vox_Valentine
04-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks Obliviondoll!

nightpriestess
04-18-2011, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Zoidberg747:
I want them to fix the constant disconnects first, and that is not lag related http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

This. I haven't checked my TS (or my leaderboards status) in so long I didn't even know it wasn't updating. I'd rather they focus on the game actually being playable first and then the other 1,000s of problems this game has.

Acherrum
04-18-2011, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by nightpriestess:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zoidberg747:

This. I haven't checked my TS (or my leaderboards status) in so long I didn't even know it wasn't updating. I'd rather they focus on the game actually being playable first and then the other 1,000s of problems this game has. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, but then again, I don't see em doing anything at all. So, whatever they choose to fix first, they'd better do it quickly...

Shaitaan1986
04-18-2011, 03:36 AM
I sleep well at night knowing Obliviondoll does everything she/he can. Thank you Obliviondoll.

If I started playing 2 weeks ago, and didn't get grand master title, or any other "promotion" after putting so much effort in it, I'm pretty sure I would quit.
It sucks for me playing so much and getting good scores without getting better rank, but I really feel for those right below Grand Master rank. I often see really skilled players with a rank putting a lot of effort into raising it, all in vain...

Ubisoft, if your actually going to launch a new online game, wich really is the future of gaming and wich it really seems you are thinking of, you're digging your own grave here.

A friend works in a newspaper in Norway, they love stories like this, I don't think you would.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Acherrum
04-18-2011, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Shaitaan1986:
A friend works in a newspaper in Norway, they love stories like this, I don't think you would.

I was thinking of publishing the email I got from customer support aswel. Where they actively deny everything. I send 'em a list of links, but they have yet to reply to that...

obliviondoll
04-18-2011, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Shaitaan1986:
I sleep well at night knowing Obliviondoll does everything she/he can. Thank you Obliviondoll.

If I started playing 2 weeks ago, and didn't get grand master title, or any other "promotion" after putting so much effort in it, I'm pretty sure I would quit.
It sucks for me playing so much and getting good scores without getting better rank, but I really feel for those right below Grand Master rank. I often see really skilled players with a rank putting a lot of effort into raising it, all in vain...

Ubisoft, if your actually going to launch a new online game, wich really is the future of gaming and wich it really seems you are thinking of, you're digging your own grave here.

I'm a "he"

And I think you should make this one public. I'm tempted to do the same.

persiateddy95
04-18-2011, 05:59 AM
This whole thread.

And currently I can not even log in to the AC:B MP. It keeps saying the servers are not available. Hopefully this means something and it's not just one more problem...

And like said a few posts above, I've only started playing AC:B last month, and since then the scores have only updated once... And I had pretty good scores this week.

HexyWoo
04-18-2011, 06:37 AM
I've now all but given up with this game. I think all I've done lately are silly player matches for fun because trying to play 'properly' is just too frustrating now. I really wish I hadn't wasted my money on the PC version too. I'm not sure I'll bother buying another AC game after this, I'll probably just rent it... I used to be impressed with how Ubisoft kept us fans updated, now this. Silence.

Shaitaan1986
04-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaitaan1986:

I'm a "he"

And I think you should make this one public. I'm tempted to do the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its easter vacation now though, but Ill send him a mail. They write so much anyways so I dont see why not

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Dragonfang067
04-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Great post Vox and I appreciate all the effort Oblivion and everyone else is doing to try to force ubi into a response. I must say this issue is a deal-breaker for me. If it doesn't get fixed soon a massive fun factor in the game is taken away. Yes the multiplayer is a brilliant innovation, but with the lag and disconnects the only thing keeping me coming back was the TS.

UbiGabe
04-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Apologies for not keeping you all more up-to-date on this issue.

I'm in contact with the department that is in charge of Templar Score and I hope to have more information on what's going on very soon.

Rest assured that we are aware of this issue and working to correct it... and of course I thank you for your patience while we work on a fix. You've all been very patient with us and I hope you realize how much we appreciate your support of AC's first multiplayer component. Your comments in these forums are the fuel we use to strive for greater things!

obliviondoll
04-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Thank you Gabe (And Black_Widow9, who also replied to my PM. And presumably Mr_Shade too, although no direct word there yet) for the information.

Good to hear that you guys are on it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EDIT: And Mr_Shade showed up too. Awesome. Thank you all for the updates!

Patita90
04-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by nightpriestess:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zoidberg747:

This. (...) I'd rather they focus on the game actually being playable first and then the other 1,000s of problems this game has. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This, this, this.

While I know TS is important to some, having UB fix critical things that break the game for most of us should be the priority IMO.

E-Zekiel
04-18-2011, 03:52 PM
While I agree with much/all of what you're saying, please try not to throw the "I'm top ranked rah rah" around in the future. It causes a lot of people (or myself, at least) to stop reading because honestly nobody cares and it doesn't make you an authority.

No offense, and I'm sure you're good...I dunno, just annoys me. I really do mean no offense though.

FormOppo
04-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Wow, now perhaps Ubisoft may pay attention to their customers. Funny how the moderator tells us to post on existing threads regarding this topic, and to stop creating new threads. However, we have SOMEONE'S attention. How about an update on the TG Pyramid problem from Ubisoft? People working for large companies will not admit that there is a problem-it is a shame. Maybe an e-mail campaign is in order. Start at the top, and work our way down.

persiateddy95
04-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by FormOppo:
Wow, now perhaps Ubisoft may pay attention to their customers. Funny how the moderator tells us to post on existing threads regarding this topic, and to stop creating new threads. However, we have SOMEONE'S attention. How about an update on the TG Pyramid problem from Ubisoft? People working for large companies will not admit that there is a problem-it is a shame. Maybe an e-mail campaign is in order. Start at the top, and work our way down.
At least they said they were aware of the issue, and not just some auto reply message. Even the Community Developer posted on the forums. I'm more relaxed now that they are atleast working on it.

FormOppo
04-18-2011, 07:13 PM
I guess I should have checked page 2 of this thread, first. Oops. A little acknowledgment is better than none, but, 2 weeks? The scores updated previously, and then stopped. I hope that the server disconnect issue is also being attended to. I love this game and want to keep playing. Can't wait for the next DLC (June of July, maybe?). I will gladly pay 800 Microsoft points if the current issues are resolved.

Acherrum
04-19-2011, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by FormOppo:
I guess I should have checked page 2 of this thread, first. Oops. A little acknowledgment is better than none, but, 2 weeks? The scores updated previously, and then stopped. I hope that the server disconnect issue is also being attended to. I love this game and want to keep playing. Can't wait for the next DLC (June of July, maybe?). I will gladly pay 800 Microsoft points if the current issues are resolved.

OMG, you're actually offering them your money again already? Are you totally crazy?
I mean, come on, they made you buy a piece of garbage that doesn't function properly, and even before they fixed it, you're already thinking of paying 'em more money?
Screw all that. If they fix it, we, the players who stuck around, should be rewarded for our patience with a huge FREE DLC. No way I'm paying Ubisoft more, until they have their stuff in order...

Assassinsyk
04-19-2011, 04:11 AM
@ e-zekiel: while I very much agree that throwing rank into any discussion as a way of establishing authority (and by that claiming they're allknowing) is ******y, in this context it's legit. In this context it shows that OP has after all spent more hours in game than most others, and has more than enough experience regarding issues, compared to the kid who bought this game yesterday. I think it's an important difference in UBI's eyes and demands more than a standardized copied answer.

Good job!

FormOppo
04-19-2011, 06:33 AM
Easy tough guy. I will not pay for a faulty product. I agree, we should be awarded free content that works properly. Please excuse my enthusiasm for the game-it is still my favorite to play, but there are PLENTY of other titles to purchase. I was responding to the fact that I did not see the posting on the top of this page before my last rant. No worries.

Citizen War
04-19-2011, 06:57 AM
Thanks for replying here UbiGabe.

I'd twitter you more often if I used it. Still I look at your twitter often for updates. Wanted to say that I appreciate your tweets and the occasional message here.

Really I'm not that into Templar Score but my clan is. I also like playing with them and watching them get their high scores of the week. It is definitely a good idea to get this resolved fast... oh, this, matchmaking/matchfinding issues (not getting enough people into games, 10 minutes on the waiting for abstergo agents screen), and the disconnects. Support has been contacted and has given me the "check your network, etc.," response. I don't have a router.

Best.

assassinchief7
04-19-2011, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by ComDevGabe:
Apologies for not keeping you all more up-to-date on this issue.

I'm in contact with the department that is in charge of Templar Score and I hope to have more information on what's going on very soon.

Rest assured that we are aware of this issue and working to correct it... and of course I thank you for your patience while we work on a fix. You've all been very patient with us and I hope you realize how much we appreciate your support of AC's first multiplayer component. Your comments in these forums are the fuel we use to strive for greater things!
I smiled as I read this post.

Dog 0f War
04-19-2011, 09:45 AM
If leader board and rank is why you guys play then good bye to those players, if rank is why you play then we as a community really do not need you.

I play to play, in other words to have fun with the game I injoy.

Well this is just my opinion,but the ones who ruin the game are the ones always worried about rank and leader boards.

Try having fun with the game, is you lives that boring that some leader boards make it all worth while......If so then injoy, I would rather have fun with the game.

Cheers! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Eldest219
04-24-2011, 08:52 PM
I believe a bump is in order.

Sincerely,

Not-So-Happy-Camper

FormOppo
04-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by WraithMarine:
If leader board and rank is why you guys play then good bye to those players, if rank is why you play then we as a community really do not need you.

Well this is just my opinion,but the ones who ruin the game are the ones always worried about rank and leader boards.

Try having fun with the game, is you lives that boring that some leader boards make it all worth while......If so then injoy, I would rather have fun with the game.

Enjoy.

FormOppo
04-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Eldest219:
I believe a bump is in order.

Sincerely,

Not-So-Happy-Camper
I am appreciative about not getting disconnected from the host after games, but would like to see my TG get updated. Get on it Ubisoft. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Acherrum
04-25-2011, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by WraithMarine:

Just because you're not having fun with the leaderbords, doesn't mean someone else can't either... People have different tastes/opinions, so why would you even think of starting a discussion about what is/is not 'having fun'? Are you that insecure?
And on a side note, the people who ruin the game, if you ask me, are the ones who don't care about scoring points and rather shoot their opponent in their face from a mile off, even if a teammate is about to get a focus, hidden, poison kill...

BACK ON TOPIC: Templar Grade system is still broken. Great job Ubi... :|

Oxford_of_Dale
04-25-2011, 01:08 AM
It appears Ubisoft has no idea what the problem is. Not good enough.

No, your fix didn't work. Yes, we are still waiting for ranked games to do something. Yes, we would like to see a working templar grade system, no we don't know what's taking so long.

Yes, I am mad. Yes, I am finished.

Xellence
04-25-2011, 02:55 AM
3rd week in a row.

Makes you wonder what are they doing over there in UBI =.="

Serrachio
04-25-2011, 05:43 AM
I don't mind it all that much now, I just play Player Matches until it begins working.

It's easier to get Varieties in those matches, because someone might actually fall for Morph. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif