PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlobby Reboot

Mongoose117A
01-15-2006, 08:01 AM
I was flying for the first time on Hyperlobby last night, and just as I was about to encounter another flyer, my computer just rebooted itself. I've never had any problems while flying offline (I've been playing IL2FB since it first came out), and I've never had any online issues before. Anybody have any idea of why this happened, or have it happen to them before? Thanks!

Tim Schuster

Mongoose117A
01-15-2006, 08:01 AM
I was flying for the first time on Hyperlobby last night, and just as I was about to encounter another flyer, my computer just rebooted itself. I've never had any problems while flying offline (I've been playing IL2FB since it first came out), and I've never had any online issues before. Anybody have any idea of why this happened, or have it happen to them before? Thanks!

Tim Schuster

WWSensei
01-15-2006, 09:03 AM
The reboot is a problem with IL2 not Hyperlobby. It's a misperception that you "fly on hyperlobby". Hyperlobby doesn't run the games and is merely a place where systems hosting a game can advertise so that players can join their servers. Once the game is launched Hyperlobby is no longer in the loop.

Mongoose117A
01-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the info. Since the reboot has never happened offline, is there anything you could suggest so that I can work through HL and not have this problem?

Tim Schuster

x6BL_Brando
01-15-2006, 10:06 AM
I suggest you post the problem in the Community Help forum. It's the best venue for getting the problem sorted.

WWSensei
01-15-2006, 01:31 PM
The problem is most likely to do with IL2 and it's threads it launches when playing online. It would happen if you connected directly to someone and not just via Hyperlobby.

Just trying to prevent a red herring chase after hyperlobby when the problem happens elsewhere.

IL2 has been known to spontaneously reboot people's machines from time to time. It almost always boils down to some driver for sound or graphics being corrupt or even hardware problems like a bad memory stick.

Do you overclock your CPU?

Do you overclock your card?

Recently added any new hardware like memory or graphics card?

Have you installed the latest drivers for mobo chipsets, graphics card sound card etc?

Dump out a DirectX dump and post it up.

You haven't provided enough details to do much other than ask you questions. Even a system description would be nice.

Tully__
01-15-2006, 11:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by x6BL_Brando:
I suggest you post the problem in the Community Help forum. It's the best venue for getting the problem sorted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

Mongoose117A
01-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Here's the requested Dx report:

Time of this report: 1/16/2006, 14:25:09
Machine name: SCHUSTER
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Compaq Presario 061
System Model: DW255A-ABA SR1020N NA510
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 504MB RAM
Page File: 251MB used, 976MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Just some history: as I've said earlier, I've been playing IL2 and all of the addons since the beginning on the same machine, and my latest hardware update was several months ago. I wish I had never bought an ATI card, but when you're buying at the BX on base, you don't have much choice in the matter. Is it possible that for some reason the people already in the game kicked me, or somehow rebooted me? I hadn't done anything to make them angry, and had just spotted them in the distance when it happened. Thanks in advance for any advice/comments...

Tim

x6BL_Brando
01-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Mongoose - no offence m8, but that isn't the pertinent part of the dxdiag. The bulk of it, which shows the config and drivers of the components is what's needed for anyone to offer advice, and the best place to find people with that expertise is in the Community Help forum.

Don't be too hasty to bash the gfx card. Ati & nVidia cards both work - the general argument is just over which does it better at the high-end. I can see from the dx fragment that you have 504Mb RAM, implying that 8Mb is reserved by the BIOS for another purpose - usually onboard graphics &/or sound. Without the full diagnostic it's not possible to say whether the onboard stuff is still active and causing conflicts. If you previously had nVidia gfx installed there is a rigorous (but 1 time only) procedure to remove the old drivers & registry keys.

Finally there is the setting up of your new gfx card to run optimally with FB. Again, it's impossible to see any info in your posting. Please post it in CH though - you will get far more help there.

B.