PDA

View Full Version : Do People really think the game was that repetative?

locsphere12
01-03-2010, 01:30 PM
First of all I must say this is by far, a giant leap forward than the last game. I simply can't get enough of the story. I really think Ubisoft out did themselves this time. I rarely say that. Assassins Creed 2 is by far the best game I have played in a long time.

That being said, I still see we have the people you cannot please.. Being that, they say it is still repetitive.. So now I have to ask,how? Sure you have to go and assassinate your targets a feature that you were able to bypass and just go straight through the story. You have to climb up buildings and look at the synchronization points and yada yada. But seriously if this was in fact, "your job" in ancient times, don't you think that completing these objectives would indeed become mundane after a while? I mean the synchronization thing. OK a little repetitive, but if it was a means to get a look at new surroundings then don't you think it would be needed to do such a thing?

What are the alternatives? They had so many things from the original and expanded by fixing up the old Assassin castle. Entering Tombs of previous Assassins that were all bi passable. Then there were the puzzles. That only made the story that much better. Collecting weapons and feathers. Even the fights had a little more diversity and different weapons. I think Ubisoft did a great job.

So how was it repetitive? What more could they do?

Seriously, I could not put the controller down because the story was just amazing to me.

silver_015
01-03-2010, 02:19 PM
i dont know what other people think but i personaly loved the story line, i ididnt notice that much repedetivity because im just too much into the game. :P

roadhog95
01-03-2010, 03:58 PM
I just finished the game today... The AC storyline has a LOT of potential but i feel sort of left...empty... Some games leave you on the edge of your seat. This game tries to do that but seems to fall short in so many areas. It makes the franchise just interesting enough to buy the next game to see the improvements and hopefully a more cohesive story.

If the development team doesnt polish the loose ends up by the next game, I see a sharp drop in interest and sales (AC2 will be the best seller in the franchise...) Some of my notes:

1. Both spaniard battles were anti-climatic in my opinion. In the first battle, all of us assassins combined couldnt kill him? (without the staff mind you).. and the second, ezio decides not to kill him.. to what.. redeem himself somehow? very disjointed motive.

2. Since the first game I figured the Eden artifacts were alien in origin.. But the plot was so loose.. not really suspensful. How the heck did Enzio figure out how to "use" the apple? The way Al Mualim did? We need more focus on what these parts of eden are. (other than just being "alien").

3. The storyline was extremely remenicesent of the stargate storyline (jason spader.. ) I thought that was very cool. I just want to see it portrayed and tied together MUCH better in the next game.

4. I think what really needs to happen is less of the game/story revolve around the historic era and more around the global storyline/plot... I leave AC2 feeling like the majority of the boss assisnations werent memorable/necessary.. and other than the spaniard, didnt have much to do with progressing the overall story. Did Ezio really need to take out all those guys to get to the spaniard?

5. The repetitiveness of the first game was much reduced here. (it still exists but was less noticeable I think. ) Also the extra's like collecting all of Al Tair's armour and the feathers seem to be just.. thrown in there.. unnecessary. Only reason to collect the codex pages was to progress the game.

6. I think the next game might do well to have desmond miles the primary storyline and have him revisit MULTIPLE ancestors to piece together the parts of the overall story. Less of a history lesson and more of the historic significance each ancestor played in this overall plot.

7. Id definately like to know more about the various assasin ancestors in Uncle Mario's tomb.. as well as variation on the weapons and tactics used by each of them. Taking the game in a tactical direction would be a big improvement in my opinion.

Just a few of my thoughts. I have some more about the dynamics of the control system (that prince of persia crap needs to go..really.) But i think there are bigger fish to fry.

cheers
-crim

APHughes
01-04-2010, 02:42 AM
This game was anything but repetitive. It was such a huge improvement on AC1 (which I loved. I didnt notice its repetitiveness as I just enjoyed getting to my assassination target). I think the controls were excellent and I cant wait for AC3.

Mitro-Blade
01-04-2010, 03:34 AM
I absolutely loved the game all the way through. My only complaint is that the guards were too easy to escape. Couldn't the developers have created some parts of the game where it would be atleast a little bit difficult to escape? There is actually a soundtrack specified for escaping, but it's very hard to trigger. atleast make the guards a little bit better at chasing you. Maybe the future templars (Abstergo) have developed some special forces to handle with assassins (Kinda like when in Mirrors edge when the goverment trains people to kill the runners) That would be kinda cool. Well, except for that everything else was great! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif