PDA

View Full Version : BoB : Development help needed!

major_setback
03-16-2007, 02:30 AM
[EDIT: Jutocsa needs help in getting more British buildings too, this is from the thread at SimHQ : "But i needed a lot more photos for England too, despite of the pack i got, so any more help is useful. Plus its a chance for everyone to sneak a favourite building into the game"]

In case some of you have missed this, Jutocsa (an official model maker for BoB) is asking for help over at SimHQ. He needs information for making French buildings and objects for SoW: BoB.
I'm sure the French version of this forum is informed of this request, and I am sure there are people over there with a wealth of knowledge on the subject. I also guess that some of the regular visitors to this (English) forum might have some valuable contributions to make.
Remember, the more information he gets the better the final result will be in the sim!

Post the information at SimHQ if at all possible. I will make a post there linking to this thread in case anyone finds it easier to post here.

This is his request posted at SimHQ (qoute):

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&...4&page=1#Post2151814 (http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2151814&page=1#Post2151814)

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">"Hello everyone. Id like to ask another favour, this time from the French part of the community. I need lots of photos for the French buildings for Battle of Britain, especially for the following types:

Plants and factories of different kinds:
Arms factory
Ammunition factory
Vehicle plant e.t.c.
Warehouses of different kinds
Piers/Docks
Fuel/Oil storages
but I could also use town and village houses, churches, stations (police,firefighter,etc) post office, shops, mills, agricultural buildings, pubs, etc.
Mind you, this is not for suggesting a unique building that you think should be added to the game, only generic buildings are needed. So please dont post anything that is very unique or famous of something. Also, I dont really know France, but I reckon if architecture varies even in my small country, its the same there too, so please focus on the northwest part of France. Your own photos, useful links, whatever you think might help me to model them would be very much appreciated Thanks a lot in advance ! "</span>

major_setback
03-16-2007, 02:24 PM
bump

Foo.bar
03-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Building modelling in Viktor's hands, wow! The best choice I could imagine...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

major_setback
03-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Note the edit to my first post, Jutocsa needs more British buildings too!

WOODY01
03-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Wow.
Isnt it funny, my late Grandfather re married years ago to a lovley lady from England, Hazel is her name. She lives not 10 miles from me and I havent seen her for ages. She used to tell me about london during the battle, she worked in a condom factory if I remember rightly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Id better wander around and introduce my magnifisent dogs to her, havent seen her since I went on my 'OE'. A bit rude of mereally http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif, Im sure she will be amazed at all this, and offer something none of us have even thought about.

Hashmark13
03-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Like free vintage condoms?

JerryFodder
03-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Presumably the pictures required should be pre war buildings then???? If there are modern features on a pre-war building then will that be edited??? Do you need shots to cover all sides of the buildings??? How about trains stations, pavillions and the likes?? Rows of pre-war houses from cities?? Old countryside cottages???? Town halls???

I can certainly get some pics, I live in an former industrial town, but i'd like it confirmed before I spend time doing it.

major_setback
03-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by JerryFodder:
Presumably the pictures required should be pre war buildings then???? If there are modern features on a pre-war building then will that be edited??? Do you need shots to cover all sides of the buildings??? How about trains stations, pavillions and the likes?? Rows of pre-war houses from cities?? Old countryside cottages???? Town halls???

I can certainly get some pics, I live in an former industrial town, but i'd like it confirmed before I spend time doing it.

I asked similar questions in a reply to Jutocsa's thread at SimHQ (see the link above), I am waiting for a reply.

KG26_Oranje
03-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Q : do u need no Belgium and Dutch bildings?

In the BOB time aria , its was the home aria for the Luftwaffe Bomber, early and late night fighter , Recon , Navy and Fighter SQD`s.

Lets us Hear if u need some.
S! I/KG26_Oranje.

major_setback
03-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by KG26_Oranje:
Q : do u need no Belgium and Dutch bildings?

In the BOB time aria , its was the home aria for the Luftwaffe Bomber, early and late night fighter , Recon , Navy and Fighter SQD`s.

Lets us Hear if u need some.
S! I/KG26_Oranje.

I think I might have Jutocsa's e-mail adress, I'll have a lok for it during the week, and foreward these questions to him.

major_setback
03-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Note: See the update to Jutocsa's request, showing which type of building he needs photos of (on the link at the top of this thread).

Jutocsa
03-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the thread Setback http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I made one about French buildings when I did on SimHQ but it disappeared soon. The one over French Ubi forums has like 3 replies...so...this is the last hope so to say http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Anyway, here is whats needed and how is it needed, thanks for any help in advance.

Any blueprints, photos (old or your own ones) plans, whatever. If you have photo of one side ok, if all sides of a building is done, even better. The more complex the building, the more is needed, preferably doors/windows/carvings/statues on a separate photo (this applies mainly to large unique buildings like chatedrals, palaces, etc., although I could use some new english door textures too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) What I dont really need are small sized photos from the net, showing no useful detail.

English: Arms factory Ammunition factory
Vehicle plant e.t.c. Warehouses of different kinds Piers/Docks Fuel/Oil storages
watermills, barns and farm complexes, any typical agricultural buildings from the countryside, town shops, AIRFIELD BUILDINGS, ESP. HANGARS, some firafighter and police stations. As for unique buildings: Bank of England, Buckingham Palace,British Museum, HAMPTON COURTS !, National Gallery, St.Paul

French: all the generic stuff from above, plus town/village houses, pubs, churches, military fortifications (small generic stuff like pillboxes) couple banks, post offices, water towers, windmills, school buildings, hospitals, hotels...etc etc whatever you think is important.

MB_Avro_UK
03-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Would photos of the aircraft Hangars at North Weald airfield be useful? They are BoB period.

Best Regards,
MB_Avro.

Jutocsa
03-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Any contemporary hangar would come handy !!

MB_Avro_UK
03-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Jutocsa:

This weekend I will do my best to take photos of the Hangars at North Weald.

ok to post here?

Best Regards,
MB_Avro.

major_setback
03-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by MB_Avro_UK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jutocsa:

This weekend I will do my best to take photos of the Hangars at North Weald.

ok to post here?

Best Regards,
MB_Avro. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure Jutocsa won't mind me posting his e-mail adress as he posted it at SimHQ. I think the best place to send pictures would be there:

szalai.viktor@saturnsoft.hu

Jutocsa
04-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Yep, thats my address. But if you want just to post them here, that would do too, thanks

MB_Avro_UK
04-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Jutocsa:
Yep, thats my address. But if you want just to post them here, that would do too, thanks

Hi

Today I visited North Weald airfield UK and took many pics of the Hangar and also of the church nearby. The church has a number of pilot's graves relating to operations at North Weald.

I'll send them to your mail address as it will be easier than posting here.

Best Regards,
MB_Avro.