PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Blind2Society
11-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Ok I have a few questions for anyone who can help (please try to avoid spoilers and if you must, post a warning and post in white)

- What weapons can be 'thrown' in ACR? (meaning for the merc challenge) I tried to throw a heavy sword I picked up but couldn't (that is a serious let down because it was one of my favorite things to do in ACB http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif). I don't have the cash to buy all of them just yet.

- Where can I find Almogavars, or any Byzantines for that matter? All I can find is three on rooftops but they're not Almogavars. I need four more.

- Anyone know what's up with the 11/12 recruits?

- Where can I buy sticky pouches? I figured homeboy would sell them but he doesn't.

Thanks for any help you all can provide, and remember, please avoid spoilers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Animuses
11-18-2011, 12:02 AM
I have thrown spears and axes, but I don't have the heavy sheath. Maybe you can't throw them when you have the heavy sheath.

I don't know where to buy sticky pouches, but I end up finding them as loot or in chests. Maybe you have been unlucky.

kriegerdesgottes
11-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Are you stuck on 11/12 assassins too? I have all 12 but the assassin board is stuck on 11/12. I was able to throw an axe at a guys head. I didn't use a long sword though.

Also this is slightly unrelated but aren't there supposed to be random events? I have been playing now for almost 21 hours since launch and I have only seen a random event one time when I first started the game. I have not seen once since and I've been playing constantly.

Animuses
11-18-2011, 12:12 AM
If I'm not mistaken there are only three types of random events... which is really disappointing. You carry boxes, you fight an arrogant civilian, and stalkers. The only good one of the three is the stalker.

kriegerdesgottes
11-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Oh ok. I have encountered the stalker but I didn't think that really counted. I thought you were supposed to go around helping shop keepers and beating up guards who pick on citizens. That is disappointing. I haven't even seen the arrogant citizen.

Animuses
11-18-2011, 12:15 AM
They show up as black dots on the mini-map.

wapikas
11-18-2011, 12:17 AM
You can buy sticky bombs from some black market merchant.

I haven't yet had time test it out, but if buy sticky bomb from merchant and then dismantle them while mixing new bombs, dismantled bombs ingredients will be placed in your inventory. So you should get sticky pouch and you can mix it with another ingredients. Has anybody tried this? Does this work?

Blind2Society
11-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Yup, stuck on 11/12 as well.

I hope it's not because I have the heavy sheath because the challenge would then be unatainable.

As for finding sticky pouches, I find them very rarely, but they are what I like to use for lethal bombs.

During the first few sequences I came across the random events (though only the fights) quite frequently, though for a long while after and up until now I've only seen a few. I seem to recall one other type that you didn't mention, Animuses, though I can't recall what it was or even if I'm remembering correctly.

Ah wapikas, that could work though it will be very expensive.

How bout the Almogavars? Do the Byzantines have a stronghold or camp somewhere in Konstantinyye that I'm missing?

kriegerdesgottes
11-18-2011, 12:26 AM
I don't know if they are there but there are more weapons in Capaddocia that aren't in Constantinople. You might find them there.

Blind2Society
11-18-2011, 01:53 AM
Good, it's not that I have the heavy sheath. I completed the challenge by throwing a heavy axe. It seems they got rid of the option for heavy swords though which is kind of disappointing. They still didn't fix the issue with other weapons picked up replacing heavy weapons in your sheath though. That really rubs me the wrong way. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

MUDSKIPPA
11-20-2011, 11:44 PM
You started with 1 assassin. You then recruited 11. 1 needs to die for you to recruit another. Send your lowest level assassin to 1 of the harder missions alone and hope he fails. Then recruit another.

Steven94NL
11-21-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm sure you can buy Sticky pouches at Piri Reis after you did his missions. (you canstart the missions at the boards on the right when you're in front of Piri.)

Blind2Society
11-21-2011, 02:11 AM
Yeah I dorted this stuff out a while ago, should've mentioned that I suppose. Thanks anyway though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

pusing7
12-27-2011, 06:09 AM
you don't need to kill an assassin to get 12/12 recruits, just send them to some city in the assassin missions (press CTRL when you select the cities)

i've tried killing byzantine almogavars in Cappadocia, but the count doesn't add up, anywhere else to kill the almogavars besides reliving memories and attacked dens?

hope you understand what i'm saying since english isn't my primary language