PDA

View Full Version : Oleg PLEASE - Hellcat F6F-5 Skin needs replacement!

CornbreadPattie
02-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Team, if it is still possible to add another skin to the patch, would you please focus attention on the F6F-5? This is not so much for the USN campaigns as it is for the RN campaigns. The over all Navy Blue scheme would greatly improve realism for this plane. Also, a default Royal Navy roundel with bars would rock as the normal skin for RN usage. Also maybe an ETO skin (green and browns/grey) for the Royal Navy that would be default for the European maps would do a lot of good as well!

Or maybe another plane called the Hellcat mk.II(SP? - I mean the British F6F-5 Hellcat) would serve this purpose.

And on another note, F4U-1c should also get solid deep blue default skin.

Thanks for looking, godspeed team.

SkyChimp
02-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Why do they have to be default skins?

Why not download any of the great 3rd party skins out there?

BTW, the F4U-1C has a deep blue skin.

VT-51_Razor
02-08-2006, 07:20 PM
The reason why, Skychimp, is because when you are flying online in a server that has skin downloads disabled, you are stuck with seeing all the other F6F-5s (or whatever) using the default skin.

VW-IceFire
02-08-2006, 09:04 PM
There are other aircraft with horrid skins that need replacing long before the Hellcat. The Hellcats generic skin is actually fairly decent looking. A ETO Royal Navy skin would be a nice thing to have as a generic however...yes that would be good....but others first I think.

The Yaks, the IL-2s, Zero variants, Hurricane, and Spitfire would be at the absolute top of my list. Anything RAF would be...not because of favourtism but because they are the least accurate in the whole game when it comes to markings and skins.

Thing with this game is that you've got half of the aircraft now with quite decent generic skins (the Hellcat I put in this category) and another half that were introduced ages ago and are of average to low quality compared to the latest works of art by our skinning community.

I'd honestly love to see everything in the game get attention but thats not really practical.

CornbreadPattie
02-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Hellcat having decent skins? Well that's another thread because I'm talking about the F6F-5, not the -3.

There is a very good reason not to use downloaded skins. The reason is that the default skin for the F6F-5 is just bad and it needs to be repaired for online use, as well as campaign use. I think it would serve the community well to make a more distinguishing mark between the F-3 and the F-5.

As far as I know, the RN never used the Hellcats in the 3-tone scheme that the USN did. They did the camo and they dark blue, so in the game it is incorrect. All that is needed is a new dark blue skin for default.

Ising downloaded skins works a lot better for the Yaks, Migs, and Ils then it does for the Hellcat.

And the 4 cannon Corsair still needs a solid skin, not three tone.

thanks for your participation..

stansdds
02-09-2006, 04:05 AM
CornbreadPattie is correct, the F6F-5, F4U-1C and F4U-1D all should have overall glossy sea blue paint schemes, default or add on. The only versions of these aircraft that had the three tone scheme were factory experimental/pre-production prototypes. By the time these three aircraft entered production, the U.S. Navy had changed their camouflage to overall glossy sea blue.

R_Target
02-09-2006, 11:55 PM
It would be nice, but the Bf-109 and the Zero probably need it more.