PDA

View Full Version : Rejects Keycode



betel23
06-30-2010, 03:11 PM
I have reinstalled after a complete format of my Hdd and now when I am asked to type in the Keycode it says the code ihas already been used and I cannot access the game
Any ideas please.
Thank's

crevlthe
07-01-2010, 07:48 AM
did you try logging into the Game Launcher with your Ubisoft account? the first time you enter the key code, it ties itself to the account that is logged in.

crevlthe.

betel23
07-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by crevlthe:
did you try logging into the Game Launcher with your Ubisoft account? the first time you enter the key code, it ties itself to the account that is logged in.

crevlthe.

I'm new to this so can you help me out as to what you mean....
Sorry to appear thick.
Regards

GuZZ33
07-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by betel23:
I'm new to this.
Not sure what you are saying, but, how can you be new to this when you have previously installed the game?, you mean you forgot?

Originally posted by betel23:
I have reinstalled after a complete format of my Hdd.

GuZZ33
07-01-2010, 01:50 PM
You could try patching the game, it might help?, there was a mention of unique key fix.

Originally posted by QuidProKuo:
The Splinter Cell Conviction v1.04 Update for PC is out today. You can find it here. (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/splinter_cell_conviction/splinter_cell_conviction_1.04.exe)

Patch Notes -


* Fix unique key activation
.

betel23
07-02-2010, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by GuZZ33:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by betel23:
I'm new to this.
Not sure what you are saying, but, how can you be new to this when you have previously installed the game?, you mean you forgot?

Originally posted by betel23:
I have reinstalled after a complete format of my Hdd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Have never come aceoss this problem before and therefore don't know how to deal with it...Technally speaking...
I will try the patch you have provided in the post below
Thank you

betel23
07-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Hi GuZZ33
Tried the patch unfortunately it didn't work
When I try to play the game it asks me to add the Keycode which is present in the registration I made. This shows my username and password however it keeps saying "This key is already being used"
Totally confused...

GuZZ33
07-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by betel23:
Hi GuZZ33
Tried the patch unfortunately it didn't work
When I try to play the game it asks me to add the Keycode which is present in the registration I made. This shows my username and password however it keeps saying "This key is already being used"
Totally confused...
Yeah that's odd, slightly confusing ??. But check out what Mr_Shade (UK Forum Manager) posted, apparently, once you have activated the unique key for the first time, that key is
linked to your Ubi account and you should not have to input the key ever again even on re-installs of the game it does not ask for the cd/dvd key again, this applies to retail dvd and steam.


Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Just install the game, from the CD - and just sign into the Ubi account you used to play it the first time...

the CD Key info will already be linked to that account, so it won't ask you again.

If you need the CD key to access extras, then I suggest you contact Ubisoft Support, who with your Ubi account details, may be able to trace it for you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you bought it on Steam, it will be listed under the section for your Keys? - even though Steam shouldn't ask you again?


That's assuming you have a paid for retail DVD and have installed it before http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

betel23
07-02-2010, 08:08 AM
the CD Key info will already be linked to that account, so it won't ask you again.
I know what you're saying and Mr Shade and the game insists on having the key re-entered just to start to play the game not to ask for any extras so I guess it's Ubisoft Support then?
Thank you for trying to help.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
Regards
Rob

ForceReconNeo
07-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by GuZZ33:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by betel23:
I'm new to this.
Not sure what you are saying, but, how can you be new to this when you have previously installed the game?, you mean you forgot?

Originally posted by betel23:
I have reinstalled after a complete format of my Hdd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no he doesnt know that you have to login to GameLauncher first, he has not done that before, except without noticing what he did, the first time.

OP, login to GameLauncher with your Ubisoft ID and Password that you used to play the game when it worked. You can find it in SplinterCell Conviction\Src\System

betel23
07-03-2010, 04:27 AM
I'll give it a try Limerick..
Thank you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GuZZ33
07-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Limerick_:
no he doesnt know that you have to login to GameLauncher first.
Oh right, i just presumed that he knew what to do because he said he re-installed the game, so i thought he was aware of the ubisoft game launcher and he had already played the game before he reinstalled after a complete format of his Hdd.