PDA

View Full Version : E3 2006...............

Real720
04-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Rainbow Six: Vegas IS going to be on the showfloors of E3 2006, right?

Goliath.Ubi.Dev
04-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Yup!

Le Tigre
04-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Do you know if the PC version will be present as well Goliath? I know you work on the 360 side of things, but I thought you might have some info on this anyways.

Real720
04-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Goliath.Ubi.Dev:
Yup!

How much information can we expect? Also, will the developers (including you) be giving a demonstration of the game's mechanics, kinda like what Joe did for Halo 2 in E3 2004?

Goliath.Ubi.Dev
05-01-2006, 10:47 AM
The PC version will not be presented.

No i wont be attending E3 this year but other designers from the project will be there to answer questions.

Le Tigre
05-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the info Goliath, always appreciated.

GSG_9_Rage
05-01-2006, 02:46 PM
The PC version will not be presented.

Thanks alot goliath, i really apreciate the news. Although i am not happy taht there will be no presentation of the PC version. It shows how much UBI cares about the PC gamers. Goliath/Geiger, i challenge you to prove me wrong with that last statement http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Geiger
05-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by GSG_9_Rage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The PC version will not be presented.

Thanks alot goliath, i really apreciate the news. Although i am not happy taht there will be no presentation of the PC version. It shows how much UBI cares about the PC gamers. Goliath/Geiger, i challenge you to prove me wrong with that last statement http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FUMBLE!

Actually Rage, The PC version isn't there because Ubi cared and listened enough to devote a completely different development project to just the PC version. Thus, it needs development past when the console versions will be ready and though I honestly have no idea where it is in development, one could easily assume there wouldn't be anything worth showing during the E3 time frame.

Make sense?

GSG_9_Rage
05-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Glad to hear it! You see? i knew you couldn't pass up a challenge like that, geiger. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RawKryptonite
05-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Great news, thanks for sharing.
Can you say if it will be a playable demo or demonstration video or what format it will be in?

Glad to hear it will be a showing. Finally got a 360 last week, although this is the game I really bought if for. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Le Tigre
05-01-2006, 08:52 PM
FUMBLE!

Actually Rage, The PC version isn't there because Ubi cared and listened enough to devote a completely different development project to just the PC version. Thus, it needs development past when the console versions will be ready and though I honestly have no idea where it is in development, one could easily assume there wouldn't be anything worth showing during the E3 time frame.

Make sense?

Sounds promising, I'm curiouse to who might be making it. Sounds like the development cycle mabey started after the 360 version as well, since you know so little about it.

It would be nice to mabey see a short article around the time of E3, just something simple stating who the developers is, mabey a couple PC specific things/highlights planned, just something small for the PC community as the 360 crowd is hit with a tone of info at that time.

Vadimnk
05-10-2006, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Geiger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GSG_9_Rage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The PC version will not be presented.

Thanks alot goliath, i really apreciate the news. Although i am not happy taht there will be no presentation of the PC version. It shows how much UBI cares about the PC gamers. Goliath/Geiger, i challenge you to prove me wrong with that last statement http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FUMBLE!

Make sense? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not trying to start a flame fest, just by looking at the past... Didn't Lockdown have no information for a while? It was supposed to be a separate project etc. So we listened and waited, to our luck it turned into a Port...

Well I will give the R6:5 developers a benefit of a doubt, because they didn't develop Lockdown. But still learning from the past...

UNtOUChAbl3
05-11-2006, 12:41 AM
I cant wait for some info to be released

Paladin005
05-12-2006, 02:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GSG_9_Rage:

FUMBLE!

How different will the PC version be? I mean, it's still going to be Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas, right? Because, after seeing the E3 demo and the trailer, I am really impressed with the console version's combination of Ghost Recon's, Splinter Cell's, and Rainbow Six's gameplay and I wouldn't like to see something radically different for the PC version.

Hatchetforce
05-13-2006, 05:46 AM

FUMBLE!

Actually Rage, The PC version isn't there because Ubi cared and listened enough to devote a completely different development project to just the PC version. Thus, it needs development past when the console versions will be ready and though <span class="ev_code_RED">I honestly have no idea where it is in development</span>, one could easily assume there wouldn't be anything worth showing during the E3 time frame.

It is also in development at Montreal - for now.