PDA

View Full Version : AC2 Map Gripe....

Jagaim0
12-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Using the mini map is so Easy Mode. Just line up your destination and go, I dont like using it.

But the map is not very useful, you cannot tell which was Ezio is facing. I would like to know I'm facing in the correct direction then find the target on my own.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Crash_Plague
12-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Yea, that was a major gripe of mine too.

Jagaim0
12-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Would be sweet if a fix could be included in a Title Update.

senile old coot
12-09-2009, 02:15 PM
i don't see why getting to a particular destination should have to be difficult, but either way you have a choice in regards to using the minimap or not so its not really a problem.

if you knew which direction was correct it wouldn't be much more difficult than having a destination marker really.

jimbo11235813
12-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Simple. The Sun rises in the East and sets in the West (or somethin like that.) If its about midday, then its in the south. That should work if Ubisoft did it right. Also you don't need to know exact times, just start running in what you think is the right direction then check the map to see if your on the right track.
At night, I have no idea. See if there's a pattern with the moon

thekyle0
12-09-2009, 02:29 PM
You could also just face an easily recognizable landmark, then open the map, and draw a mental line from Ezio's position to the landmark. With a little reasoning and a fair sense of direction, you can find almost anywhere using that method.

The best landmarks for this I know off the top of my head would be The Duomo in Florence and the Frari in Venice.