PDA

View Full Version : Will BoB...

Alloy007P
01-18-2007, 07:38 PM
be availble in canada I hope it is I cant take it any more im still playing PF stand alone and the origanla IL-2 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

FritzGryphon
01-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Sure it will :P

FB was in Canada, so was AEP. I got everything, including 1946, in Edmonton.

BoB is guaranteed to be more widely available and sell more copies. This is because it will have a Spitfire on the box, and therefore will be confused with CFS3.

Alloy007P
01-18-2007, 07:56 PM
HOW THE HELL DID YOU KNOW WHERE I LIVE AHAHHAH! I can't take it anymore I....ne..ed...n..w...paci..ic..fighters...games... must..re..ist....from...Buying.. C-A-L-L o-f D-U-T-Y

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

FritzGryphon
01-18-2007, 08:13 PM
If you do live in Edmonton, try the South Common Walmart.

There might still be 1 copy of 1946 there, if someone else didn't get it.

Alloy007P
01-18-2007, 08:15 PM
think i could find it at west edmonton mall and how much was it

FritzGryphon
01-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Was $40. The french version without the bonus DVD.

I haven't seen it anywhere else. Didn't check the mall, but I doubt it.

Alloy007P
01-18-2007, 08:31 PM
All Can say is we were riped, sacmed frech version only and 40 dollars mabey for some of you millionares out there that aint worth anything to you but for me its the whole world! UBISOFT YOU ARE FROM CANADA WHATS YOUR PROBLEM!!!!!!

FritzGryphon
01-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Um.. $40 is -nothing-.

You know this is full standalone DVD with the entire IL-2 series on it, right? The whole freakin' series on one DVD.

That's 3 standalone games and about 4 addons, for $40. All in a simple to install 1 DVD.

Plus, the 1946 is not even for sale in the USA. It's a miracle it is at Walmart at all.

Most people have to buy online for ridiculous prices and shipping. You should be happy if you can find one in a store.

Alloy007P
01-18-2007, 08:46 PM
40$ nothing? I DONT THINK SO
if thats true then you will be able to take 40$ and stuff it down your garborator burn it or put it into a paper shreder right this second and ot have any second thougths not hesitate and be able to sleep easy tonight

yhea but I want it in english not french ENGLISH we live in edmonton were everyone speaks english. 40$ is alot. and what about all the people who already bought the series. then its just like being foreced to rebuy the same games you already bought just to get the new one when you should mabey only have to pay 15$, and not have to rebuy the whole series. But for the people that didnt buy the whole series is mabey a little more exeptable YOU CanotT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO HAVE TO STILL PLAY PF STANDALONE. All i really want is to play BoB or 46 and ALL THIS SNOW TO MELT I HATE IT!

FritzGryphon
01-18-2007, 09:04 PM
First of all, the 'french' version plays english out of the box. French is only an option.

Second, I've never heard of a brand new game costing only $15. Even addons for games are $25-$35.

Third, for those who do happen to have the entire IL-2 series (FB, AEP, PF, Pe-2, SoM), there is the option to download the 1946 as an addon. The DVD is mainly for the new users, or those who want all the games on one DVD.

I personally am not rich, and very rarely can afford to buy games. Even though I have most of the IL-2 series, I find 1946 a very good deal, if for nothing else than the ease of installing.

You've really got to chill out.

Alloy007P
01-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Sure $40 is not much for most people[or in conparison to other things like furniture or grocerys that kinda stuff], but when you want to buy a video game for the computer it should not cost you nearly half o one hundered dollars infact that is the most you should ever pay for a game

Just becuase the game is easy to install does not make it worth $40.

I rather pay 15 and spend the whole day doing so, and if you canot find new games for cheap and especially adons then you must look HARDER otherwise you riping your self off.

and if it is mostly for the new users why dont they just put 1946 as an adon and the full set so they dont have to "rebuy" the same game over and over

I am chilled out becuase its freezing here; its freezing in canada

FritzGryphon
01-18-2007, 09:35 PM
I agree 100% that the IL-2 series is complicated and a pain to get, without buying the same thing twice.

But even then, most people will find that getting 1946 is cheaper than getting everything individually. It would be in your case, too.

Sure, some old players get screwed, but they probably think it's worth it.

If you don't think it's worth it, than that's fine too.

Alloy007P
01-18-2007, 09:46 PM
what about BoB will it be just like 46, will it have everything and going to be 50 some dollars or does anyone even know what it will be like. Will I buy 46 and then find out this is the same case with BoB.

FritzGryphon
01-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Oleg has said that BoB will be the start of another series (called "Storm of War" series), spanning as long as 7 years, and covering many theatres.

The SoW series may also have new vehicle types that the player can use. Last I heard, there will be player usable flak guns in BoB.

Probably there will be a mix of add-ons and stand-alones, like the IL-2 series. Don't know for sure.

berg417448
01-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Alloy007P:
what about BoB will it be just like 46, will it have everything and going to be 50 some dollars or does anyone even know what it will be like. Will I buy 46 and then find out this is the same case with BoB.

Depending upon the game requirements you may need a new PC for BOB!

Alloy007P
01-18-2007, 10:04 PM
I wont need a new PC though mines reall good I thinks its soposed to be a dual core pentuim4 something....somthing....and has a killer video card.

So its the end of the IL-2 series and the start of newer and better series and theres no point in buying 46? BoB will probley be 50-40, 46 is 40 which one do I buy? well its back to square the whole IL-2 series or the beggining off a new and better series.

Agamemnon22
01-18-2007, 11:11 PM
BoB is coming out only at the end of this year, according to the current schedule. You have time to save uphttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

---------------------------------
http://www.pingu666.modded.me.uk/agamemnon22/Pe2sig.jpg

knightflyte
01-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Alloy007P:
I wont need a new PC though mines reall good I thinks its soposed to be a dual core pentuim4 something....somthing....and has a killer video card.

So its the end of the IL-2 series and the start of newer and better series and theres no point in buying 46? BoB will probley be 50-40, 46 is 40 which one do I buy? well its back to square the whole IL-2 series or the beggining off a new and better series.

You got a brand new computer coming with dual core and a kick arss videocard, and you think $40.00 is too much for a game that you'll play much longer than most other $40.00 games?

IF you have PF and nothing else then to get it up to IL2 46 level you will easily spend $100.00.

If you have the complet edition (without the Pe2 add on or Sturmoviks over Manchuria, and the '46 portion) then you will spend in the area of $60.00, so you're still $20.00 ahaead and wil get the COMPLETE IL2 series.

I understand $40.00 is a lot as far as a monetary amount, but if you break it down to longevity and enjoyment it is a bargain. Many of us have playedIL2 for 5 r more years. There's not that many games with that kind of return on investment.

Heck, a round of drinks can cost that much.

Chivas
01-19-2007, 12:53 PM
You can't get any cheaper entertainment than the content of IL-2 1946. Whats the point of spending hundreds of dollars on a decent gaming PC and not spend a few extra dollars on the game.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://www.war-clouds.com/sigs/jg27chivas.jpg

Alloy007P
01-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by knightflyte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alloy007P:

You got a brand new computer coming with dual core and a kick arss videocard, and you think $40.00 is too much for a game that you'll play much longer than most other $40.00 games?

IF you have PF and nothing else then to get it up to IL2 46 level you will easily spend $100.00.

If you have the complet edition (without the Pe2 add on or Sturmoviks over Manchuria, and the '46 portion) then you will spend in the area of $60.00, so you're still $20.00 ahaead and wil get the COMPLETE IL2 series.

I understand $40.00 is a lot as far as a monetary amount, but if you break it down to longevity and enjoyment it is a bargain. Many of us have playedIL2 for 5 r more years. There's not that many games with that kind of return on investment.

Heck, a round of drinks can cost that much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey I never said I bought the computer