PDA

View Full Version : A Little Help With 46 Please

bhunter2112
01-04-2007, 11:25 AM
1. Is there any way to toggle a key to turn the engine jet on/off in the La7R and I-250 ? With the La 7r it only has 10 minute burn so I start with it on and by the time action starts it has run out of fuel. Not sure how long the I-250 lasts but I would rather save it till I need it. I found nothing in the readme.

2. I could swear I saw a screenie of I belive a long nose or a Ta with a torp mounted underneath. I guess it did not make it in?

3. Assigning keys to the X-4 guidence I want to use the ones suggested in the read me but it says they are assigned to other things (default) Will this screw anything up?

shahram177
01-04-2007, 12:04 PM
1. Is there any way to toggle a key to turn the engine jet on/off in the La7R and I-250 ? With the La 7r it only has 10 minute burn so I start with it on and by the time action starts it has run out of fuel. Not sure how long the I-250 lasts but I would rather save it till I need it. I found nothing in the readme.
---
from what i understand no, you really can't turn them off, its a chemical reaction its kind of hard to stop! But you can reduce power to say 50% or so. That should give you about 1 min of fun time.
FYI! That little thing out turns P-51's like nothing! So have fun killing those while your up there!
Once you run out of gass put your nose down and run like hell! Flare hard and land soft!
-----
3. Assigning keys to the X-4 guidence I want to use the ones suggested in the read me but it says they are assigned to other things (default) Will this screw anything up?
-----
Your ahead of me on this one, i can't even figure out how to get that dam VTOL thing to hover! Good luck!
Some one had put up the read me file but...its gone!
Sorry man wish i could help more!

Platypus_1.JaVA
01-04-2007, 12:06 PM
3.The readme says this:

To guide the rocket, use the ?Increase Sight Attitude?, ?Decrease Sight Attitude?, ?Adjust Sight Control to Right? and ?Adjust Sight Control to Left? keys. We recommend assigning them to the Up, Down, Right, and Left arrow keys correspondingly.

If I remember correctly, these are the keys you use to control the aircraft. They are for the elevator and ailerons. If you have a joystick to fly, you don't use those keys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif If you use a keyboard t fly, I guess you will have to find diffrent keys for the bombsight.

2.I never saw a torpedo armed Ta-152 screenshot anywhere. Maybe it is from another sim?

1.The I-250 jet is very simple to control. It is just the second engine. It is the number two engine, controlled just like the second engine on the Do-335 for example. It is only a very diffrent second engine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I dunno the engine control on the La7R but it seems that the rocket engages when you reach a certain percentage of you throttle. I dunno if the ten minute fuel limit actually works in the sim. But I don't fly the USSR rocket/prop fighters at all.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge,
ye shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be measured
to you again.

http://www.f19vs.se/fokker_now.jpg

bhunter2112
01-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Wow thanks for the quick answers. So the La 7r is basically for a defence of a city or airbase with the quick jet time.

Also thanks for the X-4 info. Yes I have a joystick so so I will assign the keys suggested.

shahram177
01-04-2007, 12:24 PM
ok smarty patns! Platypus_1.JaVA
Dude where it the read me file on line.
I wanted to read it during luch today but couldn't find it!
I can't seem to land that dang VTOL thing!

DuxCorvan
01-04-2007, 01:32 PM
La-7R rocket ignites -I think- the first time you reach 100% thrust. If you manage to take off without using full power, you may be able to save it for later.

I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it works like that.

In QMB it always starts ignited.

DarkWingDuck...
01-04-2007, 02:02 PM
This is how I do it:
start only engine 1 on take off
select all engines when I need the boost(rocket then autostarts and stays on)

to stop rocket:..
close throttle
select engine one
open throttle again (only main engine comes back up), rinse and repeat till go-juice runs out

Maybe an easier way, dunno<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

QUACK

bhunter2112
01-04-2007, 08:01 PM
After some research.
The yak 3R 1944 The Rocket assist (I assume rocket) is not engaged until 33% of power is hit. So you can cruise to the target area at under 33% 10 minute burn time at 100%.
The I-250 turboJet assist does not engage until 40% is hit. Unknown burn time.
So no on off switch - still pretty cool.

DarkWingDuck...
01-05-2007, 02:25 AM
hUNTER..yes you can turn it off, using above method.
Who cruises a LA at 33%?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

QUACK