PDA

View Full Version : SoW: BoB

xh592
05-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi.
I don't mean to complain or hurry anyone but does anyone get the feeling BoB SoW is a hoax. There has been no information on the game and the release dates keep getting further and further away. This IS meant to be Olegs foroum. Mabye SOMEONE could tell a bit of info? Thank you.

Urufu_Shinjiro
05-31-2007, 03:08 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/3081085055

slappedsilly
05-31-2007, 04:07 PM
I think Oleg is scared to death of the competition. He's got the hands down best combat sim on the market (IL2) with a 6 year old egine even, and it seems he's too scared to show SoW. At least in the new engine itself. I haven't found the sims that "stole" his ideas from IL2 yet so I don't get it. I hope the competition justifies his worries, but if so I don't think Oleg's secrecy will help him any.
All the hard core simmers will get all the new sims (good ones anyway), and the new peeps will get the one that they read about or that comes out first so how does Oleg win with no info?

Blood_Splat
06-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Oleg has nothing to be scared of. These sims/games aren't coming out left and right like FPS games.

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by xh592:
Hi.
I don't mean to complain or hurry anyone but does anyone get the feeling BoB SoW is a hoax. There has been no information on the game and the release dates keep getting further and further away. This IS meant to be Olegs foroum. Mabye SOMEONE could tell a bit of info? Thank you.

A hoax? It is quite an elaborate one, judging from all the footage I've seen from BoB:Sow. The signature edition of Il2 1946 has lots of it.

I have seen previews of games that never materialised, such as Dynamix's "X Fighters", which was a flight sim, but this is not the same situation by a long shot. Sow:BoB is hardly a hoax

This is Oleg's Ready Room, to be sure, but there are no laws stating he must post here. One of Oleg's biggest faults is that he spoiled the community by being so accessible

slappedsilly
06-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Oleg has nothing to be scared of.

Good point. My feelings exactly. But what's all the silence about? They don't market it well because someone might copy it is what I get out of the interviews, but Il2 has been out for years and it doesn't seem to be copied yet. The only thing close I can find is BoB2 and it isn't anything close to a copy of Il2. I don't believe its a
hoax' but it is puzzling.

Chivas
06-01-2007, 05:24 PM
We should start seeing more info in July. With continual updates every week or two for atleast 5 months, which should be plenty of time to build anticipation.
I'm just as impatient as everyone else but its hardly a hoax. It may never see the light of day because of some unforseen developement, but not likely. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by slappedsilly:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oleg has nothing to be scared of.

Good point. My feelings exactly. But what's all the silence about? They don't market it well because someone might copy it is what I get out of the interviews, but Il2 has been out for years and it doesn't seem to be copied yet. The only thing close I can find is BoB2 and it isn't anything close to a copy of Il2. I don't believe its a
hoax' but it is puzzling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

game players want nice screenies of new shineys

Code tweaks and AI subroutines would not only be boring, but could display proprietary info on how a company develops a flight model

They aren't going to plaster the web with notes on how to better mathematically generate a formula within the sim engine, or screencaps of errors that were fixed this morning, or shots of dry-erase boards covered in Cyrilic showing an AI "bingo fuel" flow chart for AI decision making

Meetings and grinding away at software is boring. Why would they give updates about that?

What we expect is fantastic new screenshots and in-depth commentary

If none's to be had, the typical internet-citizen response is:

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Conspiracy Alert!</span>

heywooood
06-01-2007, 07:21 PM
its a hoax alright - there is no BoB, never was.

hoax hoax hoax all is it ever was...

saw right through that phoney baloney dvd that came with my copy of the '46...all that developement stuff and folderol..can't fool me.

just a buncha doctored up il2 screenies and whatnot says me.

ai carramba http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gifdios mio

JG53_Valantine
06-02-2007, 12:39 AM
No no no- you got it all wrong!

It's just another two weeks i tell ya! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VW-IceFire
06-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by xh592:
Hi.
A hoax implies some sort of trick, fraud, or conspiracy. A pretty powerful word actually.

We've seen a fair bit from Storm of War, but seeing as Oleg's team is building a new engine ground up thats meant to be the basis for multiple new projects and probably licensing the engine to other development groups...that might take a wee bit of time.

There's lots of posts these days as the anxiousness ratchets up and I expect to see something closer after the summer is over....but nothing happens in game development over the summar as far as marketing a new product goes. Or at least no very much. I would be happy to eat those words in this case http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif