PDA

View Full Version : Can't seem to record anything...

drsmith
10-05-2004, 04:07 PM
I have unsucessfully tried to record a track of a Quick Mission I have flown. Nothing seems to work for me. Is it possible to fly a mission, or Quick Mission, and when the mission is finished, then record what has taken place? Or do I have to choose to record the mission before I fly it? I need advice and instructions as to how I might do this.

drsmith
10-05-2004, 04:07 PM
I have unsucessfully tried to record a track of a Quick Mission I have flown. Nothing seems to work for me. Is it possible to fly a mission, or Quick Mission, and when the mission is finished, then record what has taken place? Or do I have to choose to record the mission before I fly it? I need advice and instructions as to how I might do this.

Call_me_Kanno
10-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Hello sir,

You need to hit the key or key combo you have set up to record after you are in the plane.

Monty_Thrud
10-05-2004, 05:17 PM
When you have flown the mission press esc>save track>type a name for the track>save track....this saves it in .TRK format which you can edit after.

You can also assign a key to start recording whenever you want to...you need to go into controls...it is then recorded in NTRK format, which is safe with any version of IL2FB.

Also ...esc>start recording...this is also .NTRK format

Hope this helps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

drsmith
10-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Thanks, Guys....Got it!

lil_labbit
10-05-2004, 08:26 PM
You have 2 kinds of recording.
(1) After a Quick mission you can save a track (extension will be .trk).
You can only play this back with the same version of the game.
(2) A nettrack recording (extension will be .ntrk).
You must assign a key for this under Controls. It's called quick record. Press the key to start/stop the netrecording.
The last one has several advantages...
(a) You can use it online.
(b) It will record custom skins.
(c) You can use it while playing back a track (thus making a smaller clip(s) from your original.
(d) It will play back with higher fps than you had when playing the game. So you could up the graphics settings on playback http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
It will however take more space on your harddrive.
It will not lag the game (as screenprints do).