PDA

View Full Version : Crew management

berryml
04-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Well I finaly shot down enough planes in training to complete the training missions (thanks to those who helped me) and I just started my first patrol. Now I have a question as to how is the best way to manage the crew to keep them rested and happy? Also what is the best way to use time compression.

In SH I and II you just simply plotterd a course set the time compression and went with it. Now however it seems like you have to stop it periodicaly to rotate the crew around. Is there anyway to automate this feature? Thanks.

tcrossma
04-27-2005, 09:59 AM
I too have this same question.

I'm on my first patrol and am finding it very difficult to keep the crew rested. It's also difficult (for me anyway) when using the crew management interface to figure out who I should replace with whom, since I can only see their fatigue when I click on them individually.

Obviously the red ! helps, but it's easy to miss someone who is just barely above that level, so I find that I have to keep coming back into crew management all the time when it says I don't have enough crew to run my engines, for example.

There's also only 2 rest slots for officers, so when all 4 of my guys have red ! after two days of travel I then can't seem to keep up with getting them rested.

I seem to spend all of my time on the crew management screen and the navigation map.

W.Irving
04-27-2005, 10:30 AM
It's all very simple.
At 64 and above, crewmembers do not rest or become fatigued.
So at port, drop four rested sailors and one officer (with watchman capabilities) into the tower, and crank up time compression to 512x.

Managing the engine crews in the VII is also simple. Keep a backup engine crew in the stern quarters. When you need to rotate, replace each crewmember in the machine room with the crew member in the respective position in the quarters.

When in transit, you don't need to worry about your crew as long as you set the time compression high enough. Just make sure your officers are kept rested - especially the WO. Rotate whenever the officer(s) in quarters is rested.