PDA

View Full Version : Really nice rare WWII/combat fotage of RAF, and F6Fs and F4Us in color



DIRTY-MAC
12-30-2009, 04:27 PM
enjoy

RAF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvYvy3fKcM8&NR=1

F6Fs and F4Us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...-nho&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go6jwR5-nho&feature=related)

Urufu_Shinjiro
12-30-2009, 04:45 PM
OMG, did anybody see that freakin noob killstealing at 2:52 in the F6F vid!?

Lol, great footage man. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Choctaw111
12-30-2009, 05:17 PM
I have never before seen a movie of the 40mm S guns being loaded.
That was a nice surprise.

Waldo.Pepper
12-30-2009, 06:06 PM
There are at least 18 films in "The Gen" series. And they are all terrific.

BrotherVoodoo
01-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Awesome compilations of footage there! Thanks for posting those links.

Jure_502
01-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Love that Tempest belly landing and reloading the 40mm's!

Great find, thanks for sharing! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Sharpe26
01-03-2010, 03:25 AM
actually Jure, that aircraft belly landing was an early Typhoon.

Jure_502
01-03-2010, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Sharpe26:
actually Jure, that aircraft belly landing was an early Typhoon.

Ups, sorry, I allways mix Typhoon and Tempest, probably beacuse Tempest is in game so I'm more used to it.

Thanks for correcting me anyway.

VF-17_Jolly
01-03-2010, 05:10 AM
The ship burning at 5.55 is not a Japanese carrier I believe it is the unfortunate USS Franklin

Nice vids thanks i prefer the RAF footage the US one seems like a John Wayne movie

Sharpe26
01-03-2010, 05:33 AM
yeah the Raf footage is really impressive. One thing I found really surprising though is that Il2 lets you fly below hilltop and at wavetop height, it doesn't (yet)let you fly lower then the trees, as that Mustang seemed to be doing.

gamer025
01-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Sharpe26:
yeah the Raf footage is really impressive. One thing I found really surprising though is that Il2 lets you fly below hilltop and at wavetop height, it doesn't (yet)let you fly lower then the trees, as that Mustang seemed to be doing.

Probably because ground objects are not to-scale. I'd love to see this implemented in SoW.

R_Target
01-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by VF-17_Jolly:
The ship burning at 5.55 is not a Japanese carrier I believe it is the unfortunate USS Franklin

Nice vids thanks i prefer the RAF footage the US one seems like a John Wayne movie

Correct-a-mundo. There's footage from Flying Leathernecks in there. The FL footage itself has some actual carrier footage mixed in though. You can tell the John Wayne stuff by the all-blue Hellcats with their Naval Reserve markings freshly overpainted. Guncam footage is from The Fighting Lady.

Phil_K
01-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Reassuring to hear that the RAF were committed to "the war against bestiality."

Achilles_NZ
01-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Very cool! Cheers for the links http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

RSS-Martin
01-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
OMG, did anybody see that freakin noob killstealing at 2:52 in the F6F vid!?

Lol, great footage man. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Yo someone should have called the admin and get the little bugger kicked! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Only bummer, now the Noobs might feel justified, with this material as proof.
Better hide it real fast before they find it!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

The RAF vid is very nice!

staticline1
01-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Phil_K:
Reassuring to hear that the RAF were committed to "the war against bestiality."

Yep, takes a load off my mind. Can't imagine what the world would be like had they lost that one. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Xiolablu3
01-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Great footage of the 40mm S gun, thanks!

wheelsup_cavu
01-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Cool footage Dirty-Mac. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif


Wheels