PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else seen this move?

AdmiralPerry
10-25-2011, 08:59 PM
So, I was just playing Brotherhood a few minutes ago (getting ready for Revelations) and I was busy running away from guards in the Castello. I ran by yet another guard and was simply going to shove him out of the way. However, I did something different and I ended up rolling by him.

Thinking it was an accident, I turned around to face the guards behind me and try it again. I have been able to replicate the move consistently, as it's not that hard to pull off anyway. All you do is run close to the person you're going to push (but not so close that you run into him, obviously) and hit the unarmed button (B or Triangle) twice. If done correctly, Ezio will drop to the ground and roll, pushing anyone who's too close to him away a few steps, which can help to clear the way. It might work on civilians, too--haven't tried it.

I was also wondering, has anyone else seen this move?

XxKillaChaosxX
10-25-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't think I have seen that before. I'm gonna try it real quick to see if I can do it.

Sarari
10-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Never heard of it. I should try it out later though. Sounds like a cool move.

XxKillaChaosxX
10-25-2011, 09:14 PM
I can't seem to do it. Whenever I run by someone and double tap B I just tackle them. If I walk I only push them out of the way.

Sarari
10-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Maybe you have to aim at a guard?

AdmiralPerry
10-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Interesting. I'm not sure I can describe it. Maybe I should try taking a video and uploading it so you can see what I'm talking about. I think, what I did, was I ran to either side of the guard, not directly at him.

EDIT: Just got in trouble with the guards again! Interestingly, it looks like Ezio's going to tackle them, but misses. Perhaps that's what it is?

Agentbarto
10-25-2011, 09:24 PM
This only happens when the guards are attempting to block your path like a bunch of football players. The thing is Ezio tries to tackle them but they move out of the way so it ends up looking like he intentionally rolls past them.

AdmiralPerry
10-25-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't think that's the case, Agentbarto. I'm at the Castello right now, and the guards there are not trying to create a roadblock. They're just chasing me like always.

naran6142
10-25-2011, 09:34 PM
it works only when you try to tackle a guard who is in conflict with you

its useful to get past guards in the road blocks

AdmiralPerry
10-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much the conclusion I came to, after running circles around them and letting myself get shot by crossbowmen. Still, I hadn't heard it mentioned elsewhere, and thought it would be cool to share.

Serrachio
10-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Are you sure it isn't similar to where Ezio dives through a market stall?

Agentbarto
10-25-2011, 09:46 PM
In that case Ezio is simply running towards the stall no tackle action required. but it's serves pretty much the same function.

LightRey
10-26-2011, 12:40 AM
Done it a few times. Never really found it a useful move though.

InfectedNation
10-26-2011, 12:59 AM
I've accidentally pulled this move regularly since AC2. Try getting into a fight with guards, then exit fight mode (stop locking onto them) and try to tackle them... Bazinga.

But like LightRey said, it's not that useful.