PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Questions about the Current Multiplayer

Saracenar
08-05-2011, 01:00 AM
1. Do you think too many people run around the map as it is at the moment? As a player who prefers to move slowly and attempt to blend as much as possible, I find it difficult to actually get kills from time-to-time, because most players in my games tend to run around a lot (although somehow manage to rack up crazy scores).

2. Do you think poison is overpowered? I didn't think it was when I started playing, but since then, it seems all of the players who win games tend to poison me a lot, yet never seem to need to get that close.

3. Is it possible to gain unfair advantages by somehow 'hacking' the game? Sometimes it just seems some players are a little too good (they often ignore smoke bombs and still get kills, sometimes I can't even stun people after I have hit them with a smoke bomb - and yes, they were my pursuer, because they killed me after it had worn off, and so on).

4. Have you experienced things like I've mentioned above?

5. How do you play? What are your main strategies?

Maybe I'm just not that good a player. But I used to be pretty good, until I stopped playing for a while.

Thanks.

davo1270
08-05-2011, 03:20 AM
1. yes
2. no
3. yes
4. yes
5. Play stealthily, honestly if u just walk around and don't make any obscure movements they will have no idea that you are not AI because every player is used to seeing their target run around so they know that they are supposed to kill them. But don't wrry, Ubisoft has totally fixed that problem in ACR, if u wanna know how check these (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4101048939) new multiplayer game modes, they show how more rewarding it is to be stealthy and unrewarding to be un-stealthy

reini03
08-05-2011, 04:52 AM
3. That's lag. I think everyone who's playing ACB's multiplayer experiences that - e.g. you drop a smoke bomb, on your screen it clearly shows that you threw the bomb way earlier. However, due to the massive lag, the other player pressed square (or X, or whatever) and didn't even see the smoke yet. Results in you being killed although it shouldn't be possible.
5. Usually stealthy and defensive.

naran6142
08-05-2011, 12:55 PM
1. yes. but it does help you in a way cause you can spot your pursuers easier. my problem with it is that they can still get a high score kill even though i can see them standing on the roof top staring at me.

3. yeah this is probably do to lag. this has happen to me many time

but after watch some videos on the ACR multiplayer, they seem to have fixed most of the problems from the ACB multiplayer. So Im looking forward to the ACR Multiplayer

AntiChrist7
08-05-2011, 01:06 PM
1) yes. runners and roofers arent punished enough. You can easily get the incognito bonus from straying on the roftop. thats why castel gandolfo is my favourite map: almost no roofs. runners are very annoying. i only run right after killing a target, and when im very far away fom my target, with only 1 persuer

2) no. its very difficult to put poison off without getting stunned. and you always risk that its get intercepted (certainly in team games). its good for getting greater variety

3) lag offen causes lot of problems, with the most annoying and occuring is the kill trough smoke. you have thrown your smoke bomb, but you get killed anyway

4) yes

5)be on your guard, especially when you have more than one persuer. dont be a running *** http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

xCr0wnedNorris
08-05-2011, 02:41 PM
1. Learn to counter it if there are a lot of people doing it.

2. No.

3. It could be possible however the situation you're explaining is a result of lag.

4. All the time.

5. Depends on what mode I'm playing, and who I'm playing with. If it's FFA then I play aggressively. I quickly run to my target, go for either a Silent or Incognito kill and quickly run to the next. If I'm playing team games with randoms, I generally just try and kill as many people as I can if they aren't showing any signs of teamwork. If I'm playing with a well organized team, I try and get a fairly large amount of kills while still spacing them out so my teammates can also get kills. When playing the defense round I tend to hide in a well defensible location where I can't be roofed and keep a constant lookout for pursuers. If I can only see one I run up and stun them, if I see more than one, I run away. If I'm playing Alliance with a random, I tend to go for quick kills to build up streaks. If I'm playing with a friend, we attempt to get a stunlock going.

Also, welcome to the Forums! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Stowdace
08-05-2011, 04:46 PM
1. Before mayhem happened, alot of people did play with stealth in mind. The new detection meter in the next one may, or may not, increase stealth play. The mode that best contradicts the stealth purpose would be Assassinate since players, myself included, could break 10000 or more points by running all over the place.

2. "Never seem to need to get that close" depends if you're running past him/her when they did it. As for overpowered, no. An aware player could point out their pursuers and manage to keep them at bay. In the case of poison-smoke, then yes, that's different since you could get a Focus in there too.

3. Killing through Smoke and Mute is all done by the annoyance of lag. Seeing players teleport may also be caused by this too. The only way to "hack", that others pointed out, is "lag-switching". No idea how this is done and never want to.

4. Yes, and far too often.

5. Alliance:Play it like Wanted
Manhunt:Hide with team and stun where possible
Assassinate:Run and poison-smoke(Hate doing it but have to if want to keep my rank)