PDA

View Full Version : AC 2 is an improvement. but the combat system kinda SUCKS

Rodriquezz
11-27-2009, 09:44 PM
I played AC2 at a friends place a few hours, i usually only play PC so i don't have a chance elsewhere. I came to the conclusion that the combat system is only average in AC2.

What i dislike the most is, that enemies who are circeling you, don't take advantage of this situation, they stand there fiddling with their weapons and do NOTHING, they stand there like fools and are waiting for Ezio to kill them. This sucks!

Imo it would be far more challenging, if every enemy attacks at once. The current system is a bit lackluster and makes it very easy for the player. I came to the conclusion that dying in AC2 is very difficult, the enemies are only cheap cannonfodder most of the time and you press 2 buttons and they fall to your feet, very challenging..

The game is great so far, the story telling, charaters, cutscenes and music is A+, but the combat system, the stuff you do the whole game, is only average imo. It could be a much better challenge, but as it is now it's simply too easy!

Tell me your thoughts

bladencrowd
11-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh joy I will enjoy this

Non-lethal weapons- I don't care if its funny, a broom, fishing pole, or plow cannot take down a fully armored soldier.

Hidden Blade combat- I was extremely glad they made the hidden blade a usable weapon, but the time box to counter is much larger than in AC1. Play AC1 again, solely using the hidden blade. You'll see it's much harder to counter.

Guards- Oh great, now guards give each other commands that don't cause a fight to be any harder. "Attack from his blind side!" cool now I know what to do.Another thing that annoys me is how low level guards run when one brute dies. Even if there are 10 soldiers, one of them a brute, they still run after the brute dies. Luridi codardi.

Seekers, Brutes, Agiles- Seekers: never saw enough, never got "seeked". Brutes: pathetically easy to beat. Agiles: Never got chased, very easy to kill.

SWJS
11-28-2009, 04:13 AM
Oh joy I will enjoy this

Non-lethal weapons- I don't care if its funny, a broom, fishing pole, or plow cannot take down a fully armored soldier.

Hidden Blade combat- I was extremely glad they made the hidden blade a usable weapon, but the time box to counter is much larger than in AC1. Play AC1 again, solely using the hidden blade. You'll see it's much harder to counter.

Guards- Oh great, now guards give each other commands that don't cause a fight to be any harder. "Attack from his blind side!" cool now I know what to do.Another thing that annoys me is how low level guards run when one brute dies. Even if there are 10 soldiers, one of them a brute, they still run after the brute dies. Luridi codardi.

Seekers, Brutes, Agiles- Seekers: never saw enough, never got "seeked". Brutes: pathetically easy to beat. Agiles: Never got chased, very easy to kill.
This.

Although I disagree with HB countering. It's harder to counter with it later on in the game, and nigh impossible when fighting against a large group with brutes and seekers.

I actually found myself being attacked quite visciously by more than one guard at a time. I got hit several times before I actually managed to pull a counter kill with the HB, and the sweeper achievement was difficult to get because there were never any seekers around, and if you did manage to get around 10 guards to fight you, they would always attack you before you could charge up the sweep attack.

So I think the AI was definately smarter in AC2.

Rodriquezz
11-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Also the enemy AI is dumb as bread, you jump into the water and they forget about you, as you were never here. Or those ridiculous hiding spots, like hay heaps or those thingys on the roof with the curtains.

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 11:01 AM
omfg y dont you try to learn about some things before complaining about everything, ubi made the guards lose track of you faster because they felt that you spent to much time running away to escape the guards in the first one. they wanted the chase sequences to be shorter this time

Ezio_475
11-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Rodriquezz:
Also the enemy AI is dumb as bread, you jump into the water and they forget about you, as you were never here. Or those ridiculous hiding spots, like hay heaps or those thingys on the roof with the curtains.
Your an idiot.

First of all guards will attack u 2 or even more at a time, they will attack u from all sides.

Secondly They will always search hiding spots, and they throw rocks at you in the water, so your just an idiot thats critising the game for no reason, now shut the hell up and stop posting on these forums for you are an ignorant person.

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Ezio_475:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rodriquezz:
Your an idiot.

First of all guards will attack u 2 or even more at a time, they will attack u from all sides.

Secondly They will always search hiding spots, and they throw rocks at you in the water, so your just an idiot thats critising the game for no reason, now shut the hell up and stop posting on these forums for you are an ignorant person. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif honestly i found a lotta seekers in Venice, them and the guards wearing berets(i think) would search the hay bails. the ai was a lot better. some of the guards attacked so relentlessly that i couldnt even stand up straight until they stopped

Grafferu
11-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Rodriquezz:
What i dislike the most is, that enemies who are circeling you, don't take advantage of this situation, they stand there fiddling with their weapons and do NOTHING, they stand there like fools and are waiting for Ezio to kill them. This sucks!
in case you didn't know, THE SAME THING HAPPENS IN AC1 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Realjambo
11-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Personal flaming won't be tolerated. Topic Closed.