PDA

View Full Version : Bumpy take-off. Is it me?

Phlacc1974
02-27-2005, 04:06 PM
OK. I've got the latest patches/drivers.

I REALLY hope somebody can help me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Everytime I try to take-off, my plane rocks insanely rough. So rough infact, it'll flip right over.
This is every plane, and any terrain. I've tried with AND without my stick (Saitek Cyborg).

It's getting to the point where I can't take-off at all.

My procedure for Take-off:
Start Engine
Push %20 Power to line up runway
Drop to %0 power
Activate Flaps for take-off
Brake on, Push %110 Power
At high RPM, Brake off.

I've also tried not using the brake before pushing full throttle (which is a regular take-off I guess).

Anyways, as soon as I start moving, it's almost like my reels are rolling over big rocks, starts bouncing left to right then eventually right over. Sometimes, my plane seems to hit something and flip over forwards.

Anyways, I know this might be a big post, but wanted to give all the info I can.

MY Rig:
AMD 64 3000+
1 Gig RAM
Ati 9800 Pro (latest drivers)

I've also tried rolling my drivers back a few times, but samething.

Ps. Seems to be fine when on Carrier.

Phlacc1974
02-27-2005, 04:06 PM
OK. I've got the latest patches/drivers.

I REALLY hope somebody can help me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Everytime I try to take-off, my plane rocks insanely rough. So rough infact, it'll flip right over.
This is every plane, and any terrain. I've tried with AND without my stick (Saitek Cyborg).

It's getting to the point where I can't take-off at all.

My procedure for Take-off:
Start Engine
Push %20 Power to line up runway
Drop to %0 power
Activate Flaps for take-off
Brake on, Push %110 Power
At high RPM, Brake off.

I've also tried not using the brake before pushing full throttle (which is a regular take-off I guess).

Anyways, as soon as I start moving, it's almost like my reels are rolling over big rocks, starts bouncing left to right then eventually right over. Sometimes, my plane seems to hit something and flip over forwards.

Anyways, I know this might be a big post, but wanted to give all the info I can.

MY Rig:
AMD 64 3000+
1 Gig RAM
Ati 9800 Pro (latest drivers)

I've also tried rolling my drivers back a few times, but samething.

Ps. Seems to be fine when on Carrier.

Phlacc1974
02-27-2005, 04:09 PM
I forgot to mention.

Rudder always seem to pull HARD left. With or without stick. Not sure if thats normal. I've also tried rudder/control settings, still same problem.

han freak solo
02-27-2005, 04:11 PM
What kind of plane(s)???

Is it raining? Muddy runway?

VW-IceFire
02-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Maybe you're taking off with a P-40B on a grass runway with a thunderstorm going on? That'd do it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ColoradoBBQ
02-27-2005, 04:23 PM
You're probably veering off the runway by firewalling the throttle. High torque at slow speeds would steer your aircraft and when you drive off the runway, the ground around it is very rough and difficult to take off from.
Try pushing the throttle up gently after you released the brakes and continue to correct the torque with your rudder, not your wings.

Phlacc1974
02-27-2005, 05:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by han freak solo:
What kind of plane(s)???

Is it raining? Muddy runway? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said. Any plane, and any terrain. Usually happens worse on concrete runways.

Phlacc1974
02-27-2005, 05:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ColoradoBBQ:
You're probably veering off the runway by firewalling the throttle. High torque at slow speeds would steer your aircraft and when you drive off the runway, the ground around it is very rough and difficult to take off from.
Try pushing the throttle up gently after you released the brakes and continue to correct the torque with your rudder, not your wings. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I've tried both. But I will try it again like you said. Thx.

Phlacc1974
02-27-2005, 05:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Maybe you're taking off with a P-40B on a grass runway with a thunderstorm going on? That'd do it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No storms. Nice sunny days. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I've tried most planes, always the same.

han freak solo
02-27-2005, 05:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Like I said. Any plane, and any terrain. Usually happens worse on concrete runways. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bouncing on concrete? Well, since you can't drop the tire pressure, it sounds like maybe you're trying to lift off the ground before she's ready to fly.

Make sure you have enough airspeed, perhaps 200 kmh, and are using takeoff flaps. Of course, the Spit doesn't have takeoff flaps.

Wilburnator
02-27-2005, 06:20 PM
As someone mentioned above, be sure you ease the throttle up slowly as you start to roll. Certain planes (like the 109s) are very tippy on their gear and you can get a rocking thing going thats hard to get out of. Nice and easy, and make sure your pointed the right way down the runway, so you don't end up running on to the grass before you're airborn. 180 kph is usually a good speed to ease off the ground, depending on what you're flying.

-HH- Beebop
02-27-2005, 06:56 PM
The Hawk 81/P-40B & C are some of the worst at that, especially on grass runways. On beaches it a real beach.
Here's the trick............
What everyone else said (about slow throttle up) <span class="ev_code_RED">+</span> as soon as possible lift up the tail.
As soon as you do everything is copacetic.
It took me about 2 hours to finally figure this out when PF was released.

Phlacc1974
02-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Ok, Problem solved.

As it turns out, it was the use of throttle. Apparently, I have a "heavy foot". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Problem was solved by SLOWLY easing the throttle to 110%. I noticed, even if I start the runway good, if I throttle to uch to fast, then my plane will "rock", but taking off some power seems to fix it.

Thanks guys! I really apprieciate the help!

Now I can finally get up in the air to shoot down my rommate. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BSS_BOXER
02-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Try pushing your stick forward and getting your tail off the ground first, then just hold it till you have enough speed to take off, if that doesnt work I would suggest to have a look at your settings for trim and rudder and what not.

S!!!
BSS_BOXER

ronstout
03-01-2005, 01:19 PM
I had the same problem and pushing the stick forward does the trick. I talked to some friends who fly real tail draggers and they say that is a common problem and stick forward solves it. You have to be fast at flying the tail and it usually will not work off of prepaired grass. I've found that I can usually control the engine torque, p-factor, etc. with the rudder. Glad I'm not the only one that had this problem!!

JG27_Arklight
03-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Yes.

Phlacc1974
03-01-2005, 02:18 PM
You guys have ALL been great! Thank you. I have used all your advice and I'm taking off like a pro now, (almost).

Thx again, and yes, pushing the stick forward does help INTENSLY. Thx again guys.