PDA

View Full Version : This sim still blows me away..

Bearcat99
12-25-2008, 11:01 PM
I was doing a QM I have set up using the Burma map. Zekes vs Las... I am flying in Burma without icons.. so Im trying to find the bad guys that are giving my wingman h@ll.. I latch on to two Zekes in tight formation honing in on him with the leader peppering him good... I get an angle where both of them are more or less lined up at @ a 30 degree angle.. I am trying to get the wingman to back off so I can clear my wingman.. I lay down a burst... and it goes through the rudder of the wingman disabling it and the same burst winds up taking off the left aileron of the leader... It blew me away... In 7 years that is the only time I actually got a two fer. The wingman augered in right away.. and the leader went in shortly after trying to avoid my next burst.. What a great sim this is.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Bearcat99
12-25-2008, 11:01 PM
I was doing a QM I have set up using the Burma map. Zekes vs Las... I am flying in Burma without icons.. so Im trying to find the bad guys that are giving my wingman h@ll.. I latch on to two Zekes in tight formation honing in on him with the leader peppering him good... I get an angle where both of them are more or less lined up at @ a 30 degree angle.. I am trying to get the wingman to back off so I can clear my wingman.. I lay down a burst... and it goes through the rudder of the wingman disabling it and the same burst winds up taking off the left aileron of the leader... It blew me away... In 7 years that is the only time I actually got a two fer. The wingman augered in right away.. and the leader went in shortly after trying to avoid my next burst.. What a great sim this is.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Feathered_IV
12-25-2008, 11:21 PM
I often try to do that when attacking bombers from head on. Angle myself in such a way that anything that misses will carry on and hit the next aircraft in line. Very safisfying when you get two in the one burst.

Choctaw111
12-26-2008, 07:51 AM
That is wicked cool to see that happen, isn't it?
Do you have the track for your "two fer"? I'd love to see it.

Bearcat99
12-26-2008, 08:47 AM
No .. I mean t to hit Save Track and I hit the other button... I was so mad at myself.. because Iwas saying I have to save this...

crucislancer
12-26-2008, 12:45 PM
I can only think of one time that this has happened to me as well, I got two Vals with a single burst when flying a campaign mission in the Wake Island map. Spent the rest of the mission trying to get my butt back to Wake before I got shot down by a huge gaggle of Zekes.........and just made it!

Bearcat99
12-26-2008, 12:53 PM
I remember another one where I was on a 190.. and his wingman was firing on me.. and as I juked and he fired he shot down his leader....

Divine-Wind
12-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Good show!

The only two fers I get involve my aircraft getting very intimate with another.

LovroSL
12-26-2008, 02:51 PM
QM, get yourself an me-109<span class="ev_code_RED">Z</span> with the extra cannon and hit some poor bomber or c47's head on at a slight angle...
you dont even have to aim, one pass 4 kills, burst starts at over 1000m away http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif