PDA

View Full Version : anti-christian?

leeds4life
01-27-2009, 08:56 AM
ok. i know it may of come up a lot of times on this forum and i know its only a game but, from what ive seen it seems anti-christian. i only just bought the game yesterday after wanting to play since it first came out but havnt had the right console. ive gotten about 15 mins into the game and had to stop playing. i feel realy guilty about slaying the templar nights as they are a massive part of our christian history. i know its only a game like i said but can you imagine a game which show christians slaying muslims? there would be uproar! somebody said the main charracter fights both christian and muslim partys as a third party. this i can live with. is this true? can some one give us a short story line to show its not anti-christian or i dont think i could continue. i know i sound pethetic but its gonna bother me alway through the game. thanx in advance

Grandmaster_Z
01-27-2009, 10:32 AM
you're going to hell, HERETIC!!

Tela
01-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:

Well that was deffinately not necessary. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

@ leeds4life: It's not "anti-christian". "Going around fighting templars" is only part of it, and it's also optional. The main historical figures that you go after are not only christian. You go after both sides. I'm not going more into detail because I don't really approve spoilers of any kind and think you ARE just being silly and need to just play the game for yourself. -_-'

Grandmaster_Z
01-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by leeds4life:
i know its only a game like i said but can you imagine a game which show christians slaying muslims? there would be uproar!

Aren't there a million first person shooters like that where you're in the military fighting in the middle east.

the game is actually just anti-religion in general. stop being such a pansy or just return it.

ScytheOfGrim
01-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Tela:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:

Well that was deffinately not necessary. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

@ leeds4life: It's not "anti-christian". "Going around fighting templars" is only part of it, and it's also optional. The main historical figures that you go after are not only christian. You go after both sides. I'm not going more into detail because I don't really approve spoilers of any kind and think you ARE just being silly and need to just play the game for yourself. -_-' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's not.
All your main targets are Templars.

Now, if you're going to be complaining about anti-Christian material, I'd better start making accounts at all the official forums of games set in the Middle East.

I think I'll just set an anti-Muslim rant template up and copy and paste it into the different forums.
Sounds like fun.

drfeelgood8849
01-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Aren't there a million first person shooters like that where you're in the military fighting in the middle east.

the game is actually just anti-religion in general. stop being such a pansy or just return it.

grand master while your first statement made a valid point, your second one was immature and once again unnecessary, not to mention rude. well, welcome to forums leeds4life. anyway just play the game, you may have to kill some templars along the way but its a great story and i highly recommend playing through it. and remember, no matter what religion, there are still bad people that dwell within them, so dont take to one side being good or evil.

caswallawn_2k7
01-27-2009, 01:59 PM
just think of it this way the pope disbanded the templar knights and tried to kill them all anyway http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Tela
01-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:

No, it's not.
All your main targets are Templars.

Oops. I was thinking about the templars found in the kingdom, not the main targets. -_-'

katz_bg
01-27-2009, 02:12 PM
If you follow through the game you would find out that all your targets have renounced their religions to take on a path against them.
though they believe what they do is right I can't imagine an ultra-religious person (as what "I'm not playing this because he kills christians" defines) that actually plays violent games.

The game makes the very valid point that all we know of history that long ago is what was written in books. and anyone can write whatever they want in a book, whether true or false. thus being free to make some claims about the "truly accurate" history.
Like that the Templars were not really fighting for the church, but rather only blending with them as cover and taking advantage of them.

also: religions have brought more suffering in this world than anything else man kind has invented. i could give some examples, but let's not go too far away from topic.

Rothstan
01-27-2009, 02:20 PM
it's a game, note plutonium scholarisim!

spazzoo1025
01-27-2009, 03:56 PM
besides all the good reasons people have given as to why it's not anti-christian, it all boils down to the fact that this is just a game and people who don't like it don't have to play it.

Vendetta11
01-27-2009, 04:05 PM
Anti-Christian? No
Anti-Religion? No

More of a question of morals IMHO.

princess_nicole
01-27-2009, 04:49 PM
I believe this game follows the Crusades, if you read up on them, it makes the Christians always look like the heroes. (thats what i have found anyway). The person who mentioned games set in the middle east is right, there are already tons of games where you kill Muslims, they're just the latest target right now I guess, like how Russians were hated.

ScytheOfGrim
01-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by katz_bg:
also: religions have brought more suffering in this world than anything else man kind has invented. i could give some examples, but let's not go too far away from topic.

No, man has.
And man has used religion as his shield.

To blame religion for suffering is like trying to put out a fire by spraying its tip, and not its roots.

Again, though, straying away from the topic...

a-saudi-gamer
01-28-2009, 04:07 AM
Hey guym , Im arabian Muslim , and i was confused about the game a bit , cuz he is Altair which is arabian name , but he is wearing Cross, and Almualim is arabian name but he is serving the church , just like u i was confused about killing women who wear Hijab and hearing the Arabian voices , but i don't understand what is the story i just thought that Altair was arabian , anyway i think Ubisoft wrote that makers were from different religions and faiths --- but if one muslim or christiant told the wrong events or accepted it in order 2 keep his job then i think the game will lose

LOL if anybody wants the meaning of the arabian names just ask me LOL

hincheddie
01-28-2009, 04:27 AM
Hi,

It cant be antichristian if you are slaying knights templar. If you read your history the knights templar began to break away from church directorate and began to emass alot of wealth. In the end the church itself banned the knights templar as a religious organisation and under the orders of the pope and the king of france they were killed and jailed. SImply the church saw them as a threat as they were growing to powerful. Having said that in the times of the crusades they were very highly regarded by both the christians and muslims to my understanding.

Peace

leeds4life
01-28-2009, 07:20 AM
thanx for your replys. ive decided to continue playing. although most of you have misunderstood. im not a deeply religous person. im more towards anti-muslim. i see the the templar knights as heros representing our way of life. hence the guilt of slaying them.

and i aint no pansy grandmaster_z

jasminam
01-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Lemme just ask you - if you feel that way about killing christians, templars in this case, shouldn't you feel the same when it comes to killing any other human being in any other game published? I'm just curious, don't think of this as a personal attack.
I'll keep an eye on this thread as religious threads tend to get messy.

FYTJ
01-28-2009, 11:20 AM
im more towards anti-muslim.
Oh, right. That's much better, isn't it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

ScytheOfGrim
01-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by FYTJ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leeds4life:
Oh, right. That's much better, isn't it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, of course it is!
Our religion orders us to blow ourselves up, remember? Because that's what CNN says, and CNN is always right!

Unless FOX says otherwise.

Vendetta11
01-28-2009, 12:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FYTJ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leeds4life:
Oh, right. That's much better, isn't it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, of course it is!
Our religion orders us to blow ourselves up, remember? Because that's what CNN says, and CNN is always right!

Unless FOX says otherwise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scythe, your statement is completely false. Not even FOX news says that. What they report about is the EXTREMISTS and the RADICALS. There a big difference. Not only that, most people here in the States understand that the majority of the Muslim communtity are peaceful people. Now, the sh*tty part is that it's always the whackos that gets on the news.

Is there a misconception of Muslims here? Yes. But most Americans know better.

a-saudi-gamer
01-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Oh please " leeds4life "
u r hating Muslims even in video games

Anyway that gives me another motivation 2 continue my 3ds animation in order to build clean games when i get older (currently 16 years old)

Even if u hate me , the it would be more POLITE if u didn't write it in a PUBLIC forums , ur reply should be erased

or

WHATEVER
im the only Muslim around

it was a stupid idea when i thought about joining Ubisoft later

or
WHATEVER!!!

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2009, 01:09 PM
a-saudi-gamer actualy there are sevral users around from the midle east you are just the only one who feels the need to make a big thing about it.

@Scythe: so your admiting CNN and FOX are telling the truth about you? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

EchoSixSpy
01-28-2009, 01:11 PM
It's always amazing how fast a thread grows when religion is the topic and someone's trying to either defend or denounce it.

I've had conversations over religion, with the most brilliant people in the world, and the most ignorant people in the world.

Without mentioning any specific religion or pointing fingers at anyone, anywhere...

NO religion can be proven any more valid than the next.

NO religion can prove it's either the right translation or that someone else's is the wrong one.

NO religion has any more basis of proof, than the fictional stories of Tolkien. And none of them can prove anything, other than the wealth of people who have "faith" in their particular religion, as any "proof" of their religion.

So, with that said... As for me... I just REALLY like killing Templars because their blood flows REAL good! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/echosix/Dragon%20Con%2008/2838622466_2069c65e7f_o.jpg

a-saudi-gamer
01-28-2009, 01:14 PM
ScytheOfGrim: i TOTALLY agree with u

and also agree with another person who said "killing a christiant is as worse as killing a HUMAN in other games" --- that what i call toleration and PEACEFUL minds

whisper : give others as good as u want them give u

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2009, 01:14 PM
NO religion has any more basis of proof, than the fictional stories of Tolkien. None of them can prove anything, other than the wealth of people who have "faith" in their particular religion.

all hail our new god Frodo http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

a-saudi-gamer
01-28-2009, 01:15 PM
ScytheOfGrim: i TOTALLY agree with u

and also agree with another person who said "killing a christiant is as worse as killing a HUMAN in other games" --- that what i call tolerant people and PEACEFUL minds

whisper : give others as good as u want them give u

EchoSixSpy
01-28-2009, 01:24 PM
I'd just like to point out, unless it's already been mentioned and I blindly missed it... That the point of the game, is to kill people. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

How's THAT "right", in itself?

"Thou Shalt Not Kill".

I think I remember that one from CCD. It wasn't the first rule of thumb, but it's one of the biggies.

How is killing one person, with one particular belief, any more acceptable than killing someone with another?

How come no one has any feelings for the Goombas in Mario Bros? I don't think anyone stepped up to defend them before.

Or the Locusts in Gears of War... They don't get any recognition from the Locust crowd. Yet it's okay to kill them?

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2009, 01:27 PM
actualy german tried/has made made it law now that you canot kill another human player/computer controlled or you could be arrested. due to this atitude in germany alot of games either cant get classified there or have to be alterd to be aloud a release.

BTOG46
01-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by a-saudi-gamer:
WHATEVER

it was a stupid idea when i thought about joining Ubisoft

Lighten up, there are quite a lot of Muslim members on the Ubi forums, and I see you've already noticed Scythe, a near neighbour of yours from the UAE. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

FYTJ
01-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
actualy german tried/has made made it law now that you canot kill another human player/computer controlled or you could be arrested.
Actually, two "districts" proposed it but it was, obviously, never accepted or applied. They do have stricter rules concerning video games, though, you're right about that.

a-saudi-gamer
01-28-2009, 01:43 PM
LOL at EchoSixSpy
im glad 2 see such minds around
actually this is my point - or the point i gained from this argument - that killing a Muslim is as worse as killing a Christiant , killing a Christiant is as worse as killing a Muslim ,,, at last we r all humans

but i was mad at "more towards Anti-muslim"

but its not a reason 2 be mad at Ubisoft "Actually im grateful for Far cry2 and assassin's creed "despite misunderstanding of the story"

Anyway i should focus on my coming first term exams LOL

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by FYTJ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
actualy german tried/has made made it law now that you canot kill another human player/computer controlled or you could be arrested.
Actually, two "districts" proposed it but it was, obviously, never accepted or applied. They do have stricter rules concerning video games, though, you're right about that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know they have stricter rules cause at one point they tried to push them into the EU and every1 here already claims the british rating people go to far and that we want to use PEGI as they actualy rate lower than the British film people http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

ScytheOfGrim
01-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Vendetta11:
Scythe, your statement is completely false. Not even FOX news says that. What they report about is the EXTREMISTS and the RADICALS. There a big difference. Not only that, most people here in the States understand that the majority of the Muslim communtity are peaceful people. Now, the sh*tty part is that it's always the whackos that gets on the news.

Is there a misconception of Muslims here? Yes. But most Americans know better.
Let's strip this thread down a bit, shall we?

Everything mentioned is a clear case of blowing things out of proportions and making big deals out of trivial matters.

My statements continued the trend.
And isn't it a nice trend?

Originally posted by BTOG46:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by a-saudi-gamer:
WHATEVER

it was a stupid idea when i thought about joining Ubisoft

Lighten up, there are quite a lot of Muslim members on the Ubi forums, and I see you've already noticed Scythe, a near neighbour of yours from the UAE. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wait right there...
That there is private information! Nobody can know where I'm conducting the orders of the world from, got it?

Confidential information is not public.

In any case, feel free to give him the district name while you're at it. =D

Vendetta11
01-28-2009, 01:54 PM

Let's strip this thread down a bit, shall we?

Everything mentioned is a clear case of blowing things out of proportions and making big deals out of trivial matters.

My statements continued the trend.
And isn't it a nice trend?

Scythe, it isn't a nice trend. And frankly, even if you are joking around, it isn't something to joke about. At least in my mind. I respect all cultures and religion (btw, I am an athiest). I get annoyed when people make assumptions about other cultures. Human beings have a tendancy to fear things they don't understand. It's time to start changing the way we speak to each other in regards to touchy subjects such as religon.

mboltevski
01-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Why cant we be friends?

a-saudi-gamer
01-29-2009, 03:56 AM
mboltevski : for me , i have no initial hating 4 anybody from any religion , but if u took a look at some reply's u will find that SOME people hate , while others don't -not a particular religion- .

Actually we can and i have alot of American and british friends and we r good

Paddock
01-29-2009, 04:41 AM
Study 'Islamic Fundamentalism' for a semester. My perspective on the religion definately changed for the better. I'm sure anyone else's perspective would change as well.

The OP asked a fairly simple question, it's been answered and he's off playing the game. Why is this thread still going? :P

Monkey_9
01-29-2009, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by EchoSixSpy:

NO religion can prove it's either the right translation or that someone else's is the wrong one.

NO religion has any more basis of proof, than the fictional stories of Tolkien. And none of them can prove anything, other than the wealth of people who have "faith" in their particular religion, as any "proof" of their religion.

So, with that said... As for me... I just REALLY like killing Templars because their blood flows REAL good! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Definately NO Religion.. but wisdom.
Realy cool outfit btw, where did you get it?

caswallawn_2k7
01-29-2009, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Monkey_9:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EchoSixSpy:

Definately NO Religion.. but wisdom.
Realy cool outfit btw, where did you get it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
he made it if you look there is actualy a thread about it with some differant shots of it.

Monkey_9
01-29-2009, 06:10 AM

he made it if you look there is actualy a thread about it with some differant shots of it.

Thnx for y'reply,
I am impressed!
Do you accidentaly know the name of that thread?

Monkey_9
01-29-2009, 06:14 AM
In common to the 'kill' thread:

If you kill one, you're a murderer,
If you kill a hundred, you're a king,
If you kill'em all, you're god...

caswallawn_2k7
01-29-2009, 06:15 AM
it's this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7211035186) if you look through the pages there are a few differant shots of it and I belive information on how he did it.

Monkey_9
01-29-2009, 06:58 AM
'bout da suit
nuff said on that, indeed, but: i am glad there are still people who actualy see to get things they want done..properly.

JoeOrno
01-31-2009, 01:18 AM
Alot of the characters in AC attack the Christian religion. Even Altair * to my disapointment * states " God had nothing to do with this I was simply the better swordsman. "

I am a christian. I see it as a game yet I also judge the game from a moral point of veiw..sure it is one of the best games I have ever played and it has a good storyline going for it.

But some things are aimmed at chrsitianity as when he lists some Biblical storys as " illusions "
it is obvious when that was said the guy had totally lost his mind from that point on.

Although I will warn you such foolish statements should NEVER be made. Chrsitain or not in the Bible God says blasphemy against God will be forviven and Blasphemy against Jesus will be forgiven...but Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is never forgiven.

I think Altair is obviously a non religious character.

As said it was made by many people of different religions.....

Btw: I believe every life is sacred...I also believe sometimes we must fight in order to protect what we hold sacred. I do not believe everyone is going to heaven nor that it is a " good works " plan.

Also dont hate Muslims mate. If you are a true Christian you will love them and pray for them.

"How much would you have to hate someone to not warn them of a eternal danmnation wherein there is no return? how much would you have to hate them to keep quite about the only possible salvation? "

believe it or not the guy who said that is * and still is to my knoweldge * a devout athiest.

anyways

God Bless

FCY-ETC
02-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by JoeOrno:

But some things are aimmed at chrsitianity as when he lists some Biblical storys as " illusions "
it is obvious when that was said the guy had totally lost his mind from that point on.

That, for me, is that point at which I completely stopped taking you seriously.
Saying that someone who doesn't believe the bronze age mythology stated in your so-called "holy book" has "totally lost their mind" is one of the most narrow-minded approaches to reality anyone could ever make, and one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard.
Trying to threaten people into accepting your religion with stories of eternal torture in the flames of hell, especially in the form of indoctrination of children, is not only one of the most despicable things any human being could ever do to another, but it's a logical fallacy known as Pascal's Wager as well.
And don't even start about morality, because the god of the old testament is one of the most immoral characters ever to appear in fictional literature, endorsing genocide, rape and murder left right and center. Don't you dare claim the moral high road.

drfeelgood8849
02-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by FCY-JMDK-WLKY:

A hero emerges! and in response to the same comment FCY responded to. you do realize this is a work of fiction, so they very well may do as they please. it does not matter if some statements are targeted towards christianity they arent threatening it as a religion so calm down quit making a big deal that there are a few situations that defy your religion and think about all the other games that target those religions of others. well id say that about sums up the whole of what people are telling you.

JoeOrno
02-01-2009, 09:19 PM
I will admit I was not expecting such a angry reply.....

But refering to events in the Bible as Illusions implies Christians are wrong and totally misled. so your point is?

and you attack God?

You think God is immoral? you are a HUMAN! who are you to define right from wrong! You do not command the waves you do not speak and it is so! you are a fallible human being just as I am.

And the cities God had destroyed..... They murdered each other and killed their very own children for their " gods " and so much more.....God had EVERY RIGHT to destroy them.

Condoned rape? he said STONE those who rape. In fact even up to the time of Jesus it was still punished by death.

I would very well HAVE to despise people NOT to mention Hell to them dont you think? if such a terrible place exists and I know about it what evil man would I have to be to stay silent! Would you let someone drive over a bridge you knew was out?

And you sir.... may believe God is false does not exist but the REAL world says a whole lot different. Guess who leads the groups that feed the hungry and care for the sick? guess who risks their own lives to bring hope to the war torn and disease infested places of this world? The Christians!

You are not a Christian so you will not understand...but non Christians are dead in a spiritual way that only comes alive when you are saved in the Blood of Jesus.

You say " Don't you dare claim the moral high road. " to that I say " little lost lamb without a light in the dark "

You do not understand what you speak of and accuseing God of being immoral is so illogical I cant put it into words...... I sugest you read these books. : " Terrorism,Jihad and the Bible " and " Battle for the Beginning " and consider exactly how low in place you are comparred to the creator of the universe.

" Rev:1:8 I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. "

Now onto drfeelgood8849

I do know this is a game and they can do what ever they want with it.

My point is even though it does go against Christianity at some points it does not actually say Christianity is a lie. Although it makes it obvious some characters believe as such. It leaves open that option of THEY could be wrong and not the Christians depending from your point of veiw.

As stated before....the game was made by many people of many different religions.

Tela
02-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Well this went to hell. (can that be considered a pun? I hope so... >_> )

God had EVERY RIGHT to destroy them.

To quote a great and brilliant character, "NO ONE has the right to take the life of another."

And you sir.... may believe God is false does not exist but the REAL world says a whole lot different.

You're making it sound as if he's the only one who believes that way and that everyone else believes in god. o_o'

Guess who leads the groups that feed the hungry and care for the sick? guess who risks their own lives to bring hope to the war torn and disease infested places of this world? The Christians!

Typicality. You kill me. -_-'

I'm positive that it's not only chistians. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif I'm positive. Because it's not only christians that care. And I've met my fair share of christians that couldn't care LESS about anyone else.

...I know none of that was directed at me, but meh. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif It was too annoying to leave alone. Truly. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Locking of thread is imminent... *slinksoff*

drfeelgood8849
02-01-2009, 10:48 PM
"NO ONE has the right to take the life of another."

was that in something recent?

FCY-ETC
02-02-2009, 03:44 AM

But refering to events in the Bible as Illusions implies Christians are wrong and totally misled. so your point is?

and you attack God?

You think God is immoral? you are a HUMAN! who are you to define right from wrong! You do not command the waves you do not speak and it is so! you are a fallible human being just as I am.

And the cities God had destroyed..... They murdered each other and killed their very own children for their " gods " and so much more.....God had EVERY RIGHT to destroy them.

Condoned rape? he said STONE those who rape. In fact even up to the time of Jesus it was still punished by death.

I would very well HAVE to despise people NOT to mention Hell to them dont you think? if such a terrible place exists and I know about it what evil man would I have to be to stay silent! Would you let someone drive over a bridge you knew was out?

And you sir.... may believe God is false does not exist but the REAL world says a whole lot different. Guess who leads the groups that feed the hungry and care for the sick? guess who risks their own lives to bring hope to the war torn and disease infested places of this world? The Christians!

You are not a Christian so you will not understand...but non Christians are dead in a spiritual way that only comes alive when you are saved in the Blood of Jesus.

You say " Don't you dare claim the moral high road. " to that I say " little lost lamb without a light in the dark "

You do not understand what you speak of and accuseing God of being immoral is so illogical I cant put it into words...... I sugest you read these books. : " Terrorism,Jihad and the Bible " and " Battle for the Beginning " and consider exactly how low in place you are comparred to the creator of the universe.

" Rev:1:8 I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. "

I don't have much time to reply so I'll try to be succinct and answer these in order as much as I can.

1. I'd go further and say people of any religion, not just christians appear to be delusional. If someone says he was told by the voices in their head to commit murder, that person's most likely to spend the rest of their life in a mental institution diagnosed with schizophrenia. When that same person claims that voice in his head was god, all of a sudden that's supposed to change entirely? You'll excuse me if I refuse to apply double standards. To me, anyone who says they hear and have a personal relationship with god is still, to paraphrase the words of the great Dylan Moran, talking about their imaginary friend.
2. Yes, I do attack your god. The god who told a man he had to kill his son in order to prove his faith. The god who had a man stoned to death for gathering sticks on the sabbath. The god who made generations upon generations of people mutilate the genitals of their children without letting them them have a say in the matter. The god who has ritual blood sacrifices held in his name and enjoys the smell of the blood. The god who randomly favours one people over another and tells them they are allowed to murder. The god who would have women be second rate citizens (apparently menstrual blood is not one of the ways he likes seeing it spilt). The god who orders "his people" not only to commit genocide, but then afterwards complains to Mozes that he was too kind because he didn't kill every last child and rape every last woman as well. The god who will condemn every single person who commits one of many finite sins to infinite suffering. See where I'm going with this? Is that the kind of thing you want to get your morals from? You apparently think the sort of creature who repeatedly condones or forces onto people those kinds of actions is a just and moral being, well I wholeheartedly disagree, in fact I think you'll be hard pressed to find any normal human being who's not got infinitely much higher moral standards than that perverted thing, and you'll forgive me if I choose not to live by its arbitrary application of the rules. I think that covers just about all the objections you had to my attacks on your god, so lets move on.
3. The real world thinks god exists? Not only is this an easily falsifiable non-statement, what you go on to say is a non sequitur to boot. I see no correlation between believing in a god and feeding the hungry and healing the sick. And unless you have some sort of study that shows that, say, the vast majority of the people who sign up for doctors without borders are religious people, you can't even provide any evidence to support your claim. As with so many things in religion, it's just another case of wishful thinking.
4. I noticed I skipped your claims about hell, so I'll get to that now. Which sources of information do you have that I don't? I certainly don't KNOW what'll happen to me after I die, and if I don't, neither can you. You may believe in hell, but until someone has been there and comes back (and that would pretty much defeat the purpose of it being there in the first place) you can't be sure it's there. Don't claim absolute knowledge where you have none.
5. On to your last point: I was raised in a catholic family, I've been to the masses, I've read the propaganda and I've heard the pitch plenty of times. Not believing in something and not understanding something is not the same thing. If you want to call me spiritually dead for that reason, then be my guest, but don't expect me to show your beliefs any courtesy if they have no intention of returning the favour. Religion's been getting the benefit of double standards for far too long, and it's about time it ended.

And just as a sidenote, quoting scripture to people who don't believe in the validity of those texts generally gets you nowhere. Might be worth keeping that in mind.

lostassassin123
02-02-2009, 04:57 AM
O.U.C.H.

FableB
02-02-2009, 06:30 AM
The OP said that he felt sad that he had to kill Templars in the game, and somehow the thread turned into a debate about Religion and God.

This thread is clearly going off-topic and the Mod who said that she will be monitoring it is doing nothing. Not to mention that another Mod is also going off-topic himself.

No Christian has the right to complain about a game that shows Muslims killing Christians, because he/she is ignoring a myriad of other games that show Christians killing Muslims. That's called having double standards, or hypocricy.

And to say that it is better to have a game in which Muslims are being murdered than one in which Christians are being murdered gives an example on why the world is in mess today.

caswallawn_2k7
02-02-2009, 07:49 AM
@fable: is the answer to your sig Bush? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

BladeInCrowd
02-02-2009, 10:22 AM
I really don't understan this...

It's a game, dudes.

Maybe it's just me, but I like to think of myself as easy-going. The game is so evanly balanced that I don't understand how anyone can't take it the wrong way. Even so, if we can create fictontal fantaies to have fun then what's the point in life? Being neither Christan nor Muslim, I don't see the harm, and even if I was, I don't see why I'd be offened.

As I said; It's just a game. Games are ment to be fun.

JoeOrno
02-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Nobody has the right to take the life of another??? God DOES have that right. Just as he created us he has the right to destroy us.

Blood is precious in Gods eyes...and life requires sacrifice..by sacrificing animals Gods people where able to atone for their sins..but still it was not permanent. Jesus became the perfect man and died so that we may have eternal life. Jesus WAS the ultimate sacrifice...by his death we live by his reserection death has been defeated. That is why we no longer have to sacrifice animals today.

WE chose death over life when we disobeyed God. God offers each and everyone of us a way back into his grace through Jesus Christ.

God revered woman very highly in their place....He created them and gave them a calling...a duty...just as he gave man a duty to preform he gave woman a duty aswell. Both are important.

God was testing Abraham..PROVE you are worthy of me Abraham....God was testing Abrahams faith in him....and Abraham did not have to kill his son in the end God stoped him and provided another sacrifice. God says anyone who hold things of this world above him does not deserve him.

Abraham would have killed his only son?
God did that for us did he not? God sent his own son to die so we may live..... Now that is love!

Circumised...to be circumised is not a horrible thing....it was part of Gods covenant with Abraham and it is actually healthy! still in the New Testament Paul in fact gets angry when he finds out some where forceing converts to be circumised Paul stoped them saying that they did not have to be circumised. It was part of the covanent with God and that was why it was done.

You still do not understand why God had those cities destroyed???? They had defiently turned their backs to God in such ways that are considered Evil by any standereds of men.

a few of the practices they held was forceing their children to walk through fire...Takeing babies and snaping their necks and placeing them in cremic pots to be stored in their temples, burning children alive. And these people where on the very land God had promised Israel or where attempting to prevent them from reaching that land..and they where EVIL...so evil God saw not even the beasts there fit to live. And I have been asked before....WHY kill the babies?

These babies where the children of these people and would have risen up against God once they where old enough.....by slaying them they actually spared their lives.

I still dont get where you get the " God condones rape " from....I have already replied to that anyways and it remains the same...God DID NOT condone rape.

Not only the Christians care no..others do care my point is the Christians are the leading organisations for such things. I read somewheres where most organistations for world wide aid are Christian organistations.

The real world is harsh...crual...and exactly the way God explained it. The Christians are already hated world wide simply for being Christians. Did he not say it would be so? dont believe this? did you know in Iran you can be killed for carrying a Bible?

And actually...people HAVE died and came back and speak of an afterlife.

Don Pipper for one was dead for 80 minutes and says he was in Heaven. There was one preacher I dont remember his name but his son did not believe in God and died...and as he was being placed in the mourge returned from death screaming for mercy! After that he repented and went on to become a preacher. I have an aunt whose mother did not believe in God and she died screaming for my aunt to believe that God was real. Of course people try to explain these things away...but reality is there are just too many stories like that to be utter nonsense. Granted some are made up " obviously " but others.......for example Don Pipper even specialists find it hard to believe his mind was still working.

Seeing is not believeing....and you are blind and dead on that spiritual level until you are saved. And I dont consider Catholics to be Christains......the very way of a Catholic life style conflicts with what God tells us * where as Catholics believe you ask PRIESTS to forgive them Jesus said to ask HIM * and so on. I do not say being a Catholic sends you to hell because I am not God but I dont veiw Catholics as Christians due to the way they believe.

I am not intolerant to others veiws and opinions but that does not mean I accept them or agree with them.

As for your comment about Religion...I agree...Religion is just enough truth to get you lost..... That is why I am a Christian...I am saved in the Blood of Jesus Christ not by * Religion * but by Salvation.

I believe Jesus came lived and died for the world and we all have that chance to recieve him.

But if you are so against any religion...what DO you stand for? Stalin put Millions to death for believeing differently than he did.....was this right? Tao killed millions for believeing differently than he did...was he right?

The answer comes as this...religion is not the problem.......MAN is the problem.....Religion is just one of many shields used in this war.... Blame it on the source not the way it was conducted.....If I kill a man with a Knife and another with a gun I am still a murderer and either way I am to blame...not the Gun nor the Knife but ME.

You have problems with God? take them up with him....dont hide behind a screen or behind words...dont believe in him? you are sure wasteing alot of time denying him then....Nearly every atheist I have met is the same way...will go out of their way to " disprove God " when in reality they know they cant.....whats up with that? If you dont believe in him why do you let him bother you so much? God is not a coward and you will find that out someday.....What coward would love someone so much he would die to give people who hate him a chance to live? I would call that the most loveing person I have ever heared of....

You may not believe in him....many do not beleive in him...does not make your opinion nor your veiws right.

We could cross blades over this again but where would it really get us? I cannot save you nor can I save anyone here. I am a human, I believe in God and I believe I am a Child of God. Only God has the ability to save you. So after this lets calm down and let God take care of it.....my hands are clean of your blood your choices are your own. In short this will get us nowheres so why continue it?

About the game..... as far as i'm concerned the game did a good job balanceing it out..I was not insulted as far as that goes. It left the option open * THEY could be wrong. * and I fight the enemies whoever they may be regardless of nationality and such. Its a game when they die they LITERALLY go nowheres.

BladeInCrowd
02-02-2009, 01:53 PM
If your not offended by the game, then why are you ranting all that religoius stuff? I dunno fi your agniest what I said, or for it?

FCY-ETC
02-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Fable makes a point about our religious discussion derailing this thread, so at this point I'll take you up on your offer to agree to (quite strongly) disagree. I don't want to be perceived as the type of person who dodges questions and criticism, however, so if anyone believes I'm taking the easy way out because I cannot answer or defend my beliefs, or just wants to take up any of these points with me I'll be happy to do so via private messages. I'm quite confident I'll come out morally superior to any supernatural higher being you can fling my way.

Grafferu
02-02-2009, 03:29 PM
ok. i know it may of come up a lot of times on this forum and i know its only a game but, from what ive seen it seems anti-christian. i only just bought the game yesterday after wanting to play since it first came out but havnt had the right console. ive gotten about 15 mins into the game and had to stop playing. i feel realy guilty about slaying the templar nights as they are a massive part of our christian history. i know its only a game like i said but can you imagine a game which show christians slaying muslims? there would be uproar! somebody said the main charracter fights both christian and muslim partys as a third party. this i can live with. is this true? can some one give us a short story line to show its not anti-christian or i dont think i could continue. i know i sound pethetic but its gonna bother me alway through the game. thanx in advance
I love killing templars, I usually leave the cities drowned in templar blood, I mean, who the hell authorized operation "christianity by sword" ? the pope did, he felt like makin everyone a christian by force, and that's just wrong

EchoSixSpy
02-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by FableB:
The OP said that he felt sad that he had to kill Templars in the game, and somehow the thread turned into a debate about Religion and God.

It's inevitable.

People of any faith, take it SO seriously.

It's how many, many, many wars have started.

And what's SO futile, is that none of it can be proven. People fight and argue and fight some more and all for nothing. What's it solve.

JUST today, I had it out with my Mom (I'm 39 and she's 75) that I don't believe in "Jesus Christ", yet I have no doubt that there was a man named Jesus, who had a lot of wonderful things to say to people, to teach love and understanding and to do unto others as you'd have them do to you, etc, etc, etc. But I don't believe he was a deity or the offspring of one.

She asked when I started to believe that and I told her right around the time I was about 10 years old.

"But you were confirmed... You went to CCD...?????"

"Yeah Mom. I just did what I was told, because you and the nuns scared the hell out of me." http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

I consider myself a recovering Irish Roman Catholic. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Guys...

Who cares what you believe in.

Who cares what faith you are. Seriously....

Who. The ****. Cares.

As long as WHATEVER religion you attach yourself to, has it's benefits for you to do your best in this world, so that everything you do, benefits everyone else around you. And as long as your beliefs don't harm ANYONE in this world, in any way possible... Then have at it.

Have at it... As long as it's hurting no one.

And don't you DARE force your religion onto anyone else and tell ANYONE that your religion is the "right" religion and that anyone else's is the "wrong" one.

No one is right and NO ONE is wrong.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tela
02-02-2009, 08:10 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Too bad more people don't think that way. o_o' there'd be a whole helluva lot less wars/killing in general. -_-'

...I wonder if anyone even managed to convince the op that AC isn't anti-christian, or did we just confuse or frustrate the poor kid? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Archetype_Zero
02-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Given the ending to the game, i'd have to say that it's more about accepting the idea that many religions have been altered or misused. "Nothing is true." To me, one of the many meanings of that idea is that all things can be looked at from a different point of view and seen as false. My point being, that the game isn't anti-christian, but it does promote the idea of questioning your beliefs, which is a good thing to do once in a while, no matter what you believe in.

On the other hand, they make a point that it is strictly fiction (nomatter whether or not it's historically accurate and all that) so even if it was anti-christian, it's not like they're trying to convince anyone that any specific faith is wrong just because of what the characters within the story do.

So, no. It's no more anti-christian (or anti anything for that matter) than any other game i've played. That would be like saying that "Destroy All Humans" is actually anti-human. I don't think anyone who plays Destroy All Humans is actually convinced that to do so would be a good idea.

mclovin889
02-03-2009, 05:05 PM
this game is not racist...

BladeInCrowd
02-04-2009, 07:09 AM
You guys have to remeber that it was baised in a day when people killed each other over petty things and over religon. IT's just a game and if we can't play a game baised in a time when the world was more violent and less democratic then most of us would have no fun.

Part of games is giving us worlds where we can go outside the boundeires of "PC"

Still; That does not make it racist, as a matter of fact, I admire games that take one step farther and go beyound PC. I'd have no fun otherwsie. lol.

Monkey_9
02-04-2009, 08:14 AM
@fable: is the answer to your sig Bush? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

ROFLMAO...we finaly got rid of himm..http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Edit:

When bumping into a guard of any believe in the game, they are all alike: 'I'll get your head for that!' ( luckily for my altair, they mostly fail, and get killed instead.) But if they were more tolerant (in the game), it would bore more i guess...

And: It IS a game, so i am glad i can imagine to do things i would most certainly not in 'real'-life...

VanWest
02-05-2009, 12:18 PM
I think its good to seperate yourself from who you are and see how life is on the other side, in the game or real life. You may think your always right untill you look at it from a different perspective. See life how it is from all angles not how it may seem from one. It'll help you get on with the game and also see the world for what it is, one mans point of view.

Jack_Vykios
02-07-2009, 03:40 PM
I got the impression that the Templars were totalitarian atheists or agnostics.

The religious people were the guards, I thought.

dontos
02-08-2009, 01:15 AM
The bottom line is that the Crusades resulted in the deaths of a lot of people who's only crime was not being Christian or not being the right kind of Christian. From what I understand, most of the Crusaders saw non-Christians as being less than human. Not good. The Catholic Church has actually apologized for the Crusades. Many of the crusaders were brutal killers and it is likely they were acting out of a selfish quest for salvation rather than for noble principles.

mboltevski
02-08-2009, 07:57 AM
Not to mention the children-crusaids.
The pope(I dont know which one) was very displeased for the crusaiders losing the war and had this thought that the crusaiders were not worthy to be the chosen soldiers of God cause they were not pure souls.So he orderd the children to be recruited.And why not- arent children angels in the eyes of God?

Crash_Plague
02-09-2009, 09:16 PM
anti-christian

sigh... I come back here for ONE day, and the first thing I see is another "ohh, this game's racist" thread.

Some things never change, eh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Grafferu
02-11-2009, 11:15 AM
agree with dontos and mboltevski totally

Scales
02-25-2009, 07:53 AM
Although they were originally a sort of elite force of knights in service to the church, they grew in wealth and power that rivaled that of both the king of France and the pope. They were brought up on outlandish charges of heresy and the like. They were rounded up and tortured by the Inquisitors. Jaque DeMolay, the last
grand master of the Knights Templar was burned at the stake and France and the church split the seized assets to recoup the losses campaigns for possession of the holy birthplace of Jesus had cost them. There were unbelievable atrocities performed during those years by both sides of the holy wars. Don't feel bad about sticking a video game knife through a video game knight's throat. In real life, they'd have done the same to you for naught but glory.

dtisalive
02-25-2009, 10:57 PM
You are not being asked to kill them because they are Christian, but because they are fueling the war-machine. The brotherhood wants peace, and they are killing those who denied it - not those of a specific religion!

If you want a better explanation, you better not play the game - it'll ruin the story.

not_aplicable
02-26-2009, 07:43 PM
i find it funny that anyone would take offense to killing templars in this game, since you are only ordered to kill a few templars. the templars attack you on sight, even if you are blending.

and as far as the game saying christianity is wrong.
-it did, not in those words, but it did.
but not for idealogical reasons, or from dellusion. but because they had proof, the peice of eden was the tool used to creat the "miracles" that influenced the creation of the religeons the characters beleive in, or don't.

but as far as the game being anti-religious or racist, i would certainly dissagree. in my view the game seemed pro-democracy, or libertarian, if for or against anything at all (anti-monarchy would probably the best way to put it). everyone in a position of individual power became corrupt and wanted nothing less than to dominate and rule. the templars had to be removed (atleast in altair's eye's) because while they wanted to same goal of peace, but they preffered to conquer and force it upon the people. but al mualim convinced altair that the problem should be left to work itself out through rational means.

on the religion issue, in the spirit of full disclosure, i would like to state i am an atheist, but i won't debate the topic, i have come to the deccision through reason, but feel everyone is entittled to their' own oppinion and beleif.

besides, "It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" -Jonathan Swift (1667-1745)

BladeInCrowd
02-27-2009, 02:59 AM
Is this thread still going on? The people who think it is really just have to play the damn game and enjoy it, or get laid, one of the two of them.

*sigh*

Demonassassin95
03-08-2009, 01:01 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gifso what its all just a game and their just animated characters

mboltevski
03-08-2009, 08:25 AM
If AC is sniped for this I dont know what will they do to Resident evil 5.

BladeInCrowd
03-11-2009, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by mboltevski:
If AC is sniped for this I dont know what will they do to Resident evil 5.

XD

UchihaKarasu
03-21-2009, 11:29 PM
When you think about it, the game does not necessarily say that all religion is a lie. It's possible the Piece of Eden was used as a means to cover up the truth of religion.
One of the treasures, I believe, was the Holy Grail but Vidic came to believe that there was no such thing since Jesus "apparently" never existed, but because of his arrogance, the possible treasure could be used against him.
"Nothing is True."
Yes, it could point to false beliefs but it could also point to misinformation.

As for the "Muslim killing Christian"
No, just no.
Altair had a christian mother and a muslim father.
Some people look at killing the Crusaders as harsh but Richard the Lionheart was much more Cruel than Saladin.
Chapter 5 of my AC fanfiction explains a lot of the good deeds of Saladin, such as given his riches to Christian orphans and widows.

UchihaKarasu
03-21-2009, 11:43 PM
After what I said, I feel i should mention the fact that I don't believe in religion, but I believe in God and the Bible.(All of my family is Christian, except for my brother who is a Wiccan)
Despite this, I always keep and open mind and am willing to look at a situation through a different pair of eyes. In my opinion there are a lot of things you can learn from the many different beliefs. All religions have something wise to say.
I respect people right to religious/non-religious beliefs
(I just felt I should get that out of the way)

BladeInCrowd
03-22-2009, 07:12 AM
You have to also remeber that both Richard and ?al?? ad-D?n were pictured as honourable in the game, so it's not like Unbisotf where taking sides or anything. I mean, not even the enimes were pictured as true evil, once you listen and understand their views.

UchihaKarasu
03-22-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by BladeInCrowd:
You have to also remeber that both Richard and ?al?? ad-D?n were pictured as honourable in the game, so it's not like Unbisotf where taking sides or anything. I mean, not even the enimes were pictured as true evil, once you listen and understand their views.

I agree.
In fact, once you take out a target, it's almost like Ubisoft tried to make you (Altair) look like the bad guy

BladeInCrowd
03-23-2009, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by UchihaKarasu:
I agree.
In fact, once you take out a target, it's almost like Ubisoft tried to make you (Altair) look like the bad guy

So true! I mean, I would do all that I could to kill them and then once they ahd fisnished talking, I felt like I could not even argue with them and I felt guilty. In fact, once I killed Garnier (Not sure how you spell his name, but I think you know who I'm talking about.) I was so caught up in what he said that I didn't see the convo was over and was attaked by serval of his knights.
Even though you don't like what they do, you can understand and even repect their goal, and I think that's what people are missing. I mean. Can you really say that they WERE evil?

UchihaKarasu
03-23-2009, 07:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UchihaKarasu:
I agree.

So true! I mean, I would do all that I could to kill them and then once they ahd fisnished talking, I felt like I could not even argue with them and I felt guilty. In fact, once I killed Garnier (Not sure how you spell his name, but I think you know who I'm talking about.) I was so caught up in what he said that I didn't see the convo was over and was attaked by serval of his knights.
Even though you don't like what they do, you can understand and even repect their goal, and I think that's what people are missing. I mean. Can you really say that they WERE evil? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think one thing the game points out often is Human emotion and the mind

"There is no such thing as good and evil, only human thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare.

It's like when you talk to the Rafiq and he notices how troubled you are. Altair asks about his feelings and how he should react to them. The game likes to point out the fact that you are indeed human and that the deeds you are committing are ironic to your cause.

BladeInCrowd
03-24-2009, 05:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BladeInCrowd:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UchihaKarasu:
I agree.

Even though you don't like what they do, you can understand and even repect their goal, and I think that's what people are missing. I mean. Can you really say that they WERE evil? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

-William Shakespeare.

It's like when you talk to the Rafiq and he notices how troubled you are. Altair asks about his feelings and how he should react to them. The game likes to point out the fact that you are indeed human and that the deeds you are committing are ironic to your cause. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, your right. Pepople are so caught up in trying to find games which they think are racist or anti-somthing nowadays, that they don't look at the game indept.
Everytime I visited one of the conacts, they would say somthing that made you think. It was awesome.

UchihaKarasu
03-24-2009, 06:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BladeInCrowd:
I agree.

-William Shakespeare.

It's like when you talk to the Rafiq and he notices how troubled you are. Altair asks about his feelings and how he should react to them. The game likes to point out the fact that you are indeed human and that the deeds you are committing are ironic to your cause. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, your right. Pepople are so caught up in trying to find games which they think are racist or anti-somthing nowadays, that they don't look at the game indept.
Everytime I visited one of the conacts, they would say somthing that made you think. It was awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*nods rapidly*
Exactly!!!!

BladeInCrowd
03-25-2009, 04:33 AM
I agree.

-William Shakespeare.

Everytime I visited one of the conacts, they would say somthing that made you think. It was awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*nods rapidly*
Exactly!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome! We agree on stuff this kinda stuff, and it also seems we are the only ones who are left here on this topic. lol
lol. I only just noticed your name. You got a 360 or somthing and play Rise of a Ninja?

UchihaKarasu
03-25-2009, 08:34 PM
I agree.

-William Shakespeare.

*nods rapidly*

Awesome! We agree on stuff this kinda stuff, and it also seems we are the only ones who are left here on this topic. lol
lol. I only just noticed your name. You got a 360 or somthing and play Rise of a Ninja? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I play on my PC.
I'm just a Narutard who is much less annoying then my fellows and doesn't cosplay in public. Though, I will walk around in a white/black sweatshirt and announce how ninja/assassin-y i am. XD

BladeInCrowd
03-26-2009, 05:04 AM
I agree.

-William Shakespeare.

*nods rapidly*

lol. I only just noticed your name. You got a 360 or somthing and play Rise of a Ninja? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I play on my PC.
I'm just a Narutard who is much less annoying then my fellows and doesn't cosplay in public. Though, I will walk around in a white/black sweatshirt and announce how ninja/assassin-y i am. XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, you must be my double! XD
As a fellow Narutard, it's always cool when you reqonise yourself as one. In fact, I remeber when I was playing Rise of a Ninja, I played as Neji and use "Eight Trigrames, Sixty-Four Palms" but I said it's Japanes name (which I can't spell) and the guy was like "Wow, your such a Narutard."
As far as I know, I'm the onyl one who does this on online games! XD
Anyway, this is not the topic for Naruto, but then again, no one is arguing on this one anyway, so who cares? If it was not for us, it would have been locked by now! XD

UchihaKarasu
03-26-2009, 07:18 AM
XD
Yes. i spout out japanese names too. I don't like the English anime.

hincheddie
03-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Back to the suject at hand. Game is anti christian... no... but I dont like the way the game tip toes around the character. We dont know which side he is on. And in a time like that, everyone was on a side. Want to make an authentic experience make the character what he was suppose to be.... a christian assassin. To bad if some ignorant supid arse still cares about this war that occurred 1000 years ago. It is over for most of us.... By us I mean the world which is civilisised and moved on to things like producing technology and better hospital systems.

Dont like it too bad! stuff those sensitive loud minorities and its merry christmas not happy holidays!!!

An_Idea
03-26-2009, 10:18 PM
I agree.

-William Shakespeare.

*nods rapidly*

No, I play on my PC.
I'm just a Narutard who is much less annoying then my fellows and doesn't cosplay in public. Though, I will walk around in a white/black sweatshirt and announce how ninja/assassin-y i am. XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, you must be my double! XD
As a fellow Narutard, it's always cool when you reqonise yourself as one. In fact, I remeber when I was playing Rise of a Ninja, I played as Neji and use "Eight Trigrames, Sixty-Four Palms" but I said it's Japanes name (which I can't spell) and the guy was like "Wow, your such a Narutard."
As far as I know, I'm the onyl one who does this on online games! XD
Anyway, this is not the topic for Naruto, but then again, no one is arguing on this one anyway, so who cares? If it was not for us, it would have been locked by now! XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neji is my favorite manga character ever http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
just thought i should let you know. but anywho
well in the game Altair does begin to doubt his acts, he knows that the Templars are doing evil things, (specially that weird doctor) but for the right reasons. so he is sort of the good guy doing bad guy things because of Al Mualim

zgubilici
03-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Guys, please ease up on the quote ladders.
And if you want to discuss other topics, then we have a "bring up whatever you like thread" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.
If you want to keep this thread alive, then please stay on topic from now on.

Thanks.

BladeInCrowd
03-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by An_Idea:
Neji is my favorite manga character ever http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
just thought i should let you know. but anywho
well in the game Altair does begin to doubt his acts, he knows that the Templars are doing evil things, (specially that weird doctor) but for the right reasons. so he is sort of the good guy doing bad guy things because of Al Mualim

Gaara is mine. XD
Anyway, I see what you mean, but there was no real "good guys" in Assassin's Creed, in my opintion anyway. I don't wanna spoil the ending, but it is kinda obvious that as the game progresses, Altir asks himself what is he doing and who is he really fighting for. That kinda atmostfear makes players like me wonder just what's going on, and a plot like that really interests me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I don't like games which are clear-cut good vs. evil

BladeInCrowd
03-27-2009, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by hincheddie:
Back to the suject at hand. Game is anti christian... no... but I dont like the way the game tip toes around the character. We dont know which side he is on. And in a time like that, everyone was on a side. Want to make an authentic experience make the character what he was suppose to be.... a christian assassin. To bad if some ignorant supid arse still cares about this war that occurred 1000 years ago. It is over for most of us.... By us I mean the world which is civilisised and moved on to things like producing technology and better hospital systems.

Dont like it too bad! stuff those sensitive loud minorities and its merry christmas not happy holidays!!!

But that's a good thing! The fact that the game "tip-toes around the chracter" as you put it, shows that Ubisoft want the player to think in his or her mind what's really going on behind all these wars, and also proves that they are not making an anti-whatever game. And what makes you think he's a Chirsten Assassin?
Also; Not eveyone was on a side. For exsample, the Jews where caught in the middle and killed by both sides, but that's really another story.
TBH, I know a bit about that time peroid, but I'm carful what I say, even though I would say the truth. There was no good guys in thoese days, and I think that Unbidoft did a good job not shoing any faveratisum.

BladeInCrowd
03-27-2009, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by zgubilici:
Guys, please ease up on the quote ladders.
And if you want to discuss other topics, then we have a "bring up whatever you like thread" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.
If you want to keep this thread alive, then please stay on topic from now on.

Thanks.
Yeah, sorry, MOD. I've cut down on the quote ladders now and i've started brining it back to topic. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

caswallawn_2k7
03-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Lady z also hates it whan people multi post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

UchihaKarasu
03-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Lady z also hates it whan people multi post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
Ehehehe ^^;
Sorry about that, just really got into the conversation. I've been really into the crusade era lately and have read soooo many books. Very few actually mention the Hashashin, and when they do, half the time the information is incorrect. Like the bit about the Assassins smoking hashish before missions. even though it has been proven to be false by many historians and philosophers. Just like the Garden of Paradise. It's all Marco's fault!!!!!

Oh well, the Assassin Hot cakes still crack me up. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

mojsarn
04-04-2009, 05:43 PM
i think AC pretty much demonstrates that religion ís the cause of everything bad in terms of war and conflict ever since religion was made up, note that i mean every religion, every religion has its own history of total lack of sense.

BladeInCrowd
04-05-2009, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by mojsarn:
i think AC pretty much demonstrates that religion ís the cause of everything bad in terms of war and conflict ever since religion was made up, note that i mean every religion, every religion has its own history of total lack of sense.

Agrred. Meany wars have been started of religion. It's kinda pathetic and Aassassin's Creeds shows that well.

UchihaKarasu
04-05-2009, 09:19 AM

Apparently some people believe blood shed is alright if it is in the name of their God.

moqqy
04-05-2009, 01:26 PM

No. Religion is not the cause of any war. It's just a tool.

BladeInCrowd
04-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
No. Religion is not the cause of any war. It's just a tool.

Hmm... I never thought of it like that.

hospitaller1
04-06-2009, 09:36 PM
you're upset because you're killing Templars?

This is a game taking place during a time of ignorance called the Crusades, which this was an everyday thing

Suck it up and be thankful it isn't the real thing

rikuskey
08-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Why can't anyone just take things as entertainment and leave it as that??? I'm a Christian myself, but honestly, the argument on pg 3, i dont know what god the one guy was talking about but i know it isnt my God. My God is true...everything makes sense in the end.
And the game Anti-Christan? I didnt think that at all. Racist? Puh-lease. Its a historical event... back then everyone wasn't racist but killed each other because of their views! I have to agree with one thing though... people cause war. and they do use religion as an excuse to do it. "I kill in the name of God" is bull. God never wanted death or hatred. So your killing in the name of yourself or Satan, which ever one you want to fit your religion.
Blade I agree with you.
And after seeing a video, I don't think that AC is condemming religion... but something else.

loveboof
08-06-2009, 01:23 PM

Hahaha!

Ok, I'm not gonna read all these pages cos I'll get dragged into another religion debate that gets all the mods a bit touchy.

- I just wanna point out one thing. You, obviously a fairly heavy christian, bought a game about an assassin who murders people - but only get annoyed when you have to kill christians.

Omg I hope hell exists and that there's a special little corner in it for ignorant, hypocritical, hate-mongers who unknowingly make the world a disgusting place by perpetuating an archaic religious superiority complex!

You're full of sh*t, and all your beliefs are laughable to me.

(hopefully you're not actually that ******ed and only posted your comment to bait people like me into hating you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

Coolgerb
08-06-2009, 02:01 PM
That's another reason I like AC, I get to kill religidiots! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

EmperorxZurg
08-06-2009, 02:02 PM
dude k=like the other guys said, plus the templars weren't heroes, it was found out in the 1300's they HAD to be gay, spit a cross and on Jesus, and commit tons of sins, they were just a military order, not heroes in the slightest and have actually greatly disgraced this religion which I love, besides, we should feel guilty about killing anyone, not just christians

godsmack_darius
08-06-2009, 04:19 PM
But in reality, The Hashshashin did kill members of Saracens and hristians and templars

And their is a HUGE conspiracy behind the templars that I could go on about, but its not the place

john63
08-06-2009, 05:12 PM
I don't believe that the game is either anti-christian or anti-religion. Rather, I think that the game is against the idea that any one faith is better than any other. The message that I took from the game is that ANY group of people forcing others to adopt a new belief system is wrong.

I got this belief mainly from the game's tagline: "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted."

I think that the "Nothing is True" part means that no single faith system has everything 100% right. After all, the Bible, Quran, and any other sacred text were written by people, and thus, any true Divine messages they received could have been misinterpreted. Thus, no religion has the right to claim moral superiority over any other.

I believe that the "Everything is Permitted" part means that, since no faith can be 100% right, all people must be free to learn, develop their own beliefs about morality, and find a faith that suits them (or just not have a faith.)

Ultimately, the Templars in the game aren't really Christian, anyway. They have their own agenda, and are only going along with King Richard's orders of freeing the Holy Land because it puts them in a better position to accomplish their ultimate goals.

In response to people saying that any game where US soldiers go and kill terrorists is anti-Muslim, I disagree. I think that terrorist organizations have perverted the Islamic faith from its roots, and only use Islam as a way to feel justified in killing innocents. The US isn't changing religion, in my opinion; it's not like Iraq or Afghanistan are christian countries now. The US is simply against totalitarianism and opression.

But I could be wrong :P

SWJS
08-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by john63:
I don't believe that the game is either anti-christian or anti-religion. Rather, I think that the game is against the idea that any one faith is better than any other. The message that I took from the game is that ANY group of people forcing others to adopt a new belief system is wrong.

I got this belief mainly from the game's tagline: "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted."

I think that the "Nothing is True" part means that no single faith system has everything 100% right. After all, the Bible, Quran, and any other sacred text were written by people, and thus, any true Divine messages they received could have been misinterpreted. Thus, no religion has the right to claim moral superiority over any other.

I believe that the "Everything is Permitted" part means that, since no faith can be 100% right, all people must be free to learn, develop their own beliefs about morality, and find a faith that suits them (or just not have a faith.)

Ultimately, the Templars in the game aren't really Christian, anyway. They have their own agenda, and are only going along with King Richard's orders of freeing the Holy Land because it puts them in a better position to accomplish their ultimate goals.

In response to people saying that any game where US soldiers go and kill terrorists is anti-Muslim, I disagree. I think that terrorist organizations have perverted the Islamic faith from its roots, and only use Islam as a way to feel justified in killing innocents. The US isn't changing religion, in my opinion; it's not like Iraq or Afghanistan are christian countries now. The US is simply against totalitarianism and opression.

But I could be wrong :P http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

An_Idea
08-06-2009, 06:33 PM
did someone really bring this up again?

Iskander_Estel
08-06-2009, 06:36 PM
now everyone is seeing what he wnat to see in the game,
everybody is proyecting himself,
the game has a history line, and that is all if someone don't like it, well it's the kind of world this world is...

if you dont like what the game says don't play it then, but dont distort the original concept whit your own ideas.

just accept that there are people who thinks different to you.

An_Idea
08-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
now everyone is seeing what he wnat to see in the game,
everybody is proyecting himself,
the game has a history line, and that is all if someone don't like it, well it's the kind of world this world is...

if you dont like what the game says don't play it then, but dont distort the original concept whit your own ideas.

just accept that there are people who thinks different to you.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

john63
08-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by john63:

But I could be wrong :P http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks bud http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Serenity9066
08-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Alright...
Why?

It's a GAME.

EmperorxZurg
08-06-2009, 09:34 PM
based on historical facts that some people confuse with the fantasy made up part as truth

Grimm-X67
08-07-2009, 01:46 AM
Just speaking from the top of my head, don't you all think it's interesting how others start wars because of religion and yet in those wars they also lose them because everything is hopeless or because they notice what pigs wars make of them?

I dunno, it's fun to talk about the stupid reasons humans would tear each other apart. XD

Religion is our uprising, and will probably be our downfall...either that or a nuclear bomb...probably both.

Xanatos2007
08-07-2009, 01:52 AM
It's funny how the biggest conflicts are usually between those that have the most in common. As Albert Einstein said; "As long as there's humans, there will be wars."

Danvish
08-07-2009, 02:04 AM
I don't think there's even the slightest thing funny in wars...

Xanatos2007
08-07-2009, 02:24 AM
Well, not the war itself, but the stupidity of the leaders when it comes to waging war. I wonder how armies are ammassed in the first place; if the leaders want to fight other leaders, let them do it. No need to sacrifice thousands upon thousands of troops who don't even know why they're fighting while their leaders sit in their comfy little offices overlooking the conflict like a game of chess.

Grimm-X67
08-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Xanatos2007
Posted Fri August 07 2009 00:52 Hide Post
It's funny how the biggest conflicts are usually between those that have the most in common. As Albert Einstein said; "As long as there's humans, there will be wars."

Ahh, Albert Einstein, the truest man since Abe Lincoln. I was watching The Matrix the other day and I found the way Agent Smith described humans was good enough "Not mammals but a virus." sounds about right.

Originally posted by Danvish:
I never said war was funny, I simply said it's fun to talk about the stupid reasons why humans would kill each other.

thekyle0
08-07-2009, 07:56 AM
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">I'm putting my text in blue so nobody confuses my words with the quotes.</span>

Alot of the characters in AC attack the Christian religion. Even Altair * to my disapointment * states " God had nothing to do with this I was simply the better swordsman. "

I am a christian. I see it as a game yet I also judge the game from a moral point of veiw..sure it is one of the best games I have ever played and it has a good storyline going for it.

Although I will warn you such foolish statements should NEVER be made. Chrsitain or not in the Bible God says blasphemy against God will be forviven and Blasphemy against Jesus will be forgiven...but Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is never forgiven.

Btw: I believe every life is sacred...I also believe sometimes we must fight in order to protect what we hold sacred. I do not believe everyone is going to heaven nor that it is a " good works " plan.

Also dont hate Muslims mate. If you are a true Christian you will love them and pray for them.

"How much would you have to hate someone to not warn them of a eternal danmnation wherein there is no return? how much would you have to hate them to keep quite about the only possible salvation? "

believe it or not the guy who said that is * and still is to my knoweldge * a devout athiest.

anyways

God Bless
__________________________________________________ __________

and you attack God?

Now onto drfeelgood8849

My point is even though it does go against Christianity at some points it does not actually say Christianity is a lie. Although it makes it obvious some characters believe as such. It leaves open that option of THEY could be wrong and not the Christians depending from your point of veiw.

As stated before....the game was made by many people of many different religions.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">To the best of my memory everybody in this thread maintained at least one of these things.</span>

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Humility</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Openmindedness</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Respectful</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Polite</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Reasonable</span>

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">I'm not going to say half of the things I would like to say about this post.</span>

"Although I will warn you such foolish statements should NEVER be made. Chrsitain or not in the Bible God says blasphemy against God will be forviven and Blasphemy against Jesus will be forgiven...but Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is never forgiven."
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Something that should "NEVER" be done is threatening somebody with a holy book.</span>

"You think God is immoral? you are a HUMAN! who are you to define right from wrong! You do not command the waves you do not speak and it is so! you are a fallible human being just as I am."
"And the cities God had destroyed..... They murdered each other and killed their very own children for their " gods " and so much more.....God had EVERY RIGHT to destroy them."
"Condoned rape? he said STONE those who rape. In fact even up to the time of Jesus it was still punished by death."
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">You should probably wait until you go out into the desert and god talks to you as a burning bush before pretending you have some special right to preach "god's will".</span>

"And you sir.... may believe God is false does not exist but the REAL world says a whole lot different. Guess who leads the groups that feed the hungry and care for the sick? guess who risks their own lives to bring hope to the war torn and disease infested places of this world? The Christians!"
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">What is the "REAL world"? Is it yours? Beleive it or not, christians aren't the only ones who have ever given to charity. My American government gives millions of dollars to charity. Also, any organization as influential as christianity would do the same. Do you know why? Because people actually care. It's not because some god makes us do it. It's because people want to do it. The church is just a medium that people can use to direct those resources to places that really need them.</span>

"You are not a Christian so you will not understand...but non Christians are dead in a spiritual way that only comes alive when you are saved in the Blood of Jesus."

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Please, tell your priest, or whatever blogs you've been reading, to stop using the "spiritually cippled" analogy. It's just a childish put-down that you use to discredit those who speak against you. If you don't realize that then you probably do it a lot because it makes you feel like a better person because it gives you a reason to feel sorry for everyone. Just because you needed god to find happiness, doesn't mean that we all do.</span>

"You do not understand what you speak of and accuseing God of being immoral is so illogical I cant put it into words...... I sugest you read these books. : " Terrorism,Jihad and the Bible " and " Battle for the Beginning " and consider exactly how low in place you are comparred to the creator of the universe."
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Once again, You should probably wait until you go out into the desert and god talks to you as a burning bush before pretending you have some special right to preach "god's will". You should also leave reccomending reading material to Oprah.</span>

An_Idea
08-07-2009, 08:04 AM
wow. i am way to lazy to read that but i will....

weeeellllll...... athiest ftw http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
but I still have read the bible

"Please, tell your priest, or whatever blogs you've been reading, to stop using the "spiritually cippled" analogy. It's just a childish put-down that you use to discredit those who speak against you. If you don't realize that then you probably do it a lot because it makes you feel like a better person because it gives you a reason to feel sorry for everyone. Just because you needed god to find happiness, doesn't mean that we all do." -thekyle0

i like this one

thekyle0
08-07-2009, 08:15 AM
You must be trying to use an HTML code, switch it to an IMG code.

An_Idea
08-07-2009, 08:21 AM
but thats the problem, all there is is a text box where i can write stuff, then next to it it says i need permission to use HTML http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

drfeelgood8849
08-07-2009, 08:29 AM
i'm not quite an atheist, though i get closer to it every day. i see the universe as a secular humanist. which in my opinion, if everyone else did, the world would be a better place.

i would like to know joeOrno's opinion on the movie Religulous. i personally loved it.

rikuskey
08-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Grimm-X67:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Xanatos2007
Posted Fri August 07 2009 00:52 Hide Post

Ahh, Albert Einstein, the truest man since Abe Lincoln. I was watching The Matrix the other day and I found the way Agent Smith described humans was good enough "Not mammals but a virus." sounds about right.

Originally posted by Danvish:
I never said war was funny, I simply said it's fun to talk about the stupid reasons why humans would kill each other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like wanting someone elses $1 bill?

BTOG46
08-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by An_Idea:
but thats the problem, all there is is a text box where i can write stuff, then next to it it says i need permission to use HTML http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

thekyle0 already told you how, get the direct url from the image hosting site you have your sig stored at, and then paste it into the sig box in your profile between {IMG] and [/IMG]

You can also add an avatar under your name by posting the url to a suitably sized pic in the avatar box.

This link might help you:----> Sigs and Avatars (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5181026566/m/7401097417)

It's giving you the message about HTML because you must be trying to use the HTML code instead of a direct url, members are not allowed to use HTML on these boards.

rikuskey
08-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">I'm going to follow thekyle0's idea here</span>
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JoeOrno:
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">He isnt attacking God in this statement... If he was he would say something like "I won because I didn't rely on God like you" He was just saying he was a better swordsman than the other guy.</span>

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Then why are you complaining?</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">We'll it is a game... see it as a work of fiction and no one gets hurt</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Where's the blasphemy against the Holy Sprit? The Holy Spirit is inside of you so doesn't that mean that stuff like suicide is blasphemy? in my case, altair is very much going to hell, as I played he killed himself many a time... Another thing isn't God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit the trinity? so wouldn't offending one of them be offending all of them??</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">As is Malik and Al Mualim. Also Vidic and Desmond. And Lucy.</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">You know, they knew this game would get a ton of religious flack so thats why they said this. That way no one could say oooh this game is anti-christian or anti-muslim or whatever...because the truth of it is it could just be anti-wicca! o.O*gasp*</span>

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Fight your your life right? Just don't kill the guy because that makes you a murderer. </span>
<span class="ev_code_GREEN"> ok fine i agree with this atatment. but even if you aren't christian you shouldn't hate other people with different values and beliefs as you. because you know thats what starts an entire war..one person gets angry and human nature says attack!!</span>

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">I think this guy was more deeply saying "Why are you people condemming me when all I want is knowledge?" I can understand with this guy as I feel it sometimes too. Face it, Christains are being attacked at every corner. And many of us hate those people and protest agains "sins of nature". Its truely a wonder why many people are going Atheist and leaving CHristanity.</span>

anyways

God Bless
__________________________________________________ __________
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">When it comes to religion everyone gives angry replies...How could you not expect it?</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Not mislead... just over the years people could have mistranslated or removed and edited the Bible. BUT (and I got into this with my friend) even though it says "those who edit this book will be severly punished" please tell me why that means it wasn't edited, that guy got his punishment, no one fixed the book, and us poor folks don't know it??? </span>

and you attack God?

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">God did create them after all. Its nothing diffrent then the great flood I think... man was sinful...and there was so much of it He was sad...so if your creation was going wrong, wouldn't you be upset and destroy it too?</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">And now you just go to jail and get a fine. Man, we've eased up quite a bit.</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Fear... fear can stop people...like this person will laugh at me or just walk away and do it anyways.</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">The real world says that it is real. In the real world everyone has diffrent ideas... not just one... yes there are scientific facts that prove God. No, Christans aren't the only ones helping people... war torn does that mean every doctor in the past wars were Christain? So this personally tells me that Christans are the only ones who care about the world and everyone else is trying to destroy it.</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">I am not a Christan so HELP me understand! PLEASE! instead of fighting with him in an angry tone like this calmy explain! This is why epople leave Christ! Because His followers become so much like the world, the world says, your nothing diffrent than us so why should we listen to you!? What makes you who are like us correct in every sense of the way and us not??</span>

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">You stated earlier you are a fallible human like the other guy... in some ways your anger does make it seem like you claim the moral high road. It is not what you say but how you say it...</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">We accuse because we don't understand... and instead of having our questions answered we get attacked by violent religious zealots!</span>

Now onto drfeelgood8849

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">This is very true... I guess I put my two cents in this now. so off I go. ^^</span>

Vendetta11
08-07-2009, 09:44 AM
I would like to thank most in this thread for reminding me why it's good to be an atheist. Life is so much easier with less anger and resentment.

Korejo
08-07-2009, 09:44 AM
That is exactly what i thought before playing assassins creed.. the only difference is i m Muslim.. And i was not comfortable with the idea of playing as a Ismaili Shia protagonist.
IMO this game is not against any religion's. It is not about killing christian's or muslim's. If that would be the case.. I am sure.. there would be no Assassns creed 2.

EmperorxZurg
08-07-2009, 10:09 AM
please dont say stuff like this guys, he is one ignorant vessel of my faith, don't go around saying "i'm so glad I'm an atheist, everyone is this way" cause it's wrong, half the things he said about the bible were wrong and I act actually very different, I pray for ALL people, whether i want to kill em or a different religion, it's because in my opinion we are ALL God's children and we ALL deserve equal treatment. And he is but a human, he will make TONS of mistakes as I and everyone in this room will. and The Trinity always forgives, they're is no ONE that doesn't they are one in the same. sorry I'm trying to sum up like a day's worth of people hating on him thinking every Christian is like that out there, chances are he's a confused CATHOLIC! they're not the only ones who worship Jesus and God guys so all u guys are about just in the wrong so please dont act like ur all high and mighty and "well i sure proved him wrong" ok? Please?

rikuskey
08-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
please dont say stuff like this guys, he is one ignorant vessel of my faith, don't go around saying "i'm so glad I'm an atheist, everyone is this way" cause it's wrong, half the things he said about the bible were wrong and I act actually very different, I pray for ALL people, whether i want to kill em or a different religion, it's because in my opinion we are ALL God's children and we ALL deserve equal treatment. And he is but a human, he will make TONS of mistakes as I and everyone in this room will. and The Trinity always forgives, they're is no ONE that doesn't they are one in the same. sorry I'm trying to sum up like a day's worth of people hating on him thinking every Christian is like that out there, chances are he's a confused CATHOLIC! they're not the only ones who worship Jesus and God guys so all u guys are about just in the wrong so please dont act like ur all high and mighty and "well i sure proved him wrong" ok? Please?
thanks a lot for the post I have to agree. I am a Christain as well, what you would call a "baby Christain" so I naturally have a lot of questions. Not trying to prove people wrong. I agree Catholics get confused sometimes because personally, I think the entire religion is confused. Makes no sense to me why you pray to Mary when Jesus says prey to Him. And yes, people like him are the reason people think every Christain is stuck up like that (as noted in my post). As are the people who protest...

smoove03
08-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Why i dislike religion.

all religions have been made by men/women

"Religion is the opium of the masses"

"If God doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you"

"I am treated as evil by people who claim that they are being oppressed because they are not allowed to force me to practice what they do"

"If I were not an atheist, I would believe in a God who would choose to save people on the basis of the totality of their lives and not the pattern of their words. I think he would prefer an honest and righteous atheist to a TV preacher whose every word is God, God, God, and whose every deed is foul, foul, foul."

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further"

"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you."

"I'm proud to be an atheist - it helps me stand for so much more and fall for so much less"

these are all famous quotes, i thought they sum up why nicely.

FableB
08-07-2009, 10:46 AM
This thread is getting off-topic, the purpose of this thread is not establish whether religion is bad or not, it is asking about an opinion whether Assassin's Creed was anti-christian or not.

EmperorxZurg
08-07-2009, 11:47 AM
sorry, I just hate it wen atheists mass us all togehter and think they're right about everything, but no the game isn't anti-christian templars were'nt even real christians, just a front in the game

Iskander_Estel
08-07-2009, 12:07 PM
to put it simple...
the game it's just a history, and every person in the game has a diferente way of thinking...
just like we do, and they are fighthing just like we do.

1000 years and the humanity still so savage... so stupid...

in the end one side will win, but then... they will fight each other again...

AoKH_newIdea
08-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Why I dislike religion:

Because I'm on the Internet and it makes me seem like I've got it all figured out, thus I'm pretty smart. Praise me, not your so-called savior.

Why I love religion:

Because I'm on the Internet and it makes me seem like a compassionate and caring person, thus I'm superior to your pagan beliefs. Praise me instead of the one above me.

EDIT: To contribute to the actual topic...
I try not to let my personal beliefs deny me the chance to witness art, especially art as exquisite as Assassin's Creed. Also, lest we forget all of the work Ubisoft did to try not to offend anyone(the monks became "scholars" for goodness sakes). So know that no one was trying to hurt you personally with this project.

Vendetta11
08-07-2009, 12:36 PM
sorry, I just hate it wen atheists mass us all togehter and think they're right about everything, but no the game isn't anti-christian templars were'nt even real christians, just a front in the game
Re-read my post. I did not attack anyone's religion, all I was stating is why being an atheist is good for ME personally. I will never tell anyone not to believe or blast someone's faith. So calm down.

Serenity9066
08-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by rikuskey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
thanks a lot for the post I have to agree. I am a Christain as well, what you would call a "baby Christain" so I naturally have a lot of questions. Not trying to prove people wrong. I agree Catholics get confused sometimes because personally, I think the entire religion is confused. Makes no sense to me why you pray to Mary when Jesus says prey to Him. And yes, people like him are the reason people think every Christain is stuck up like that (as noted in my post). As are the people who protest... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just singled out Catholics to demonstrate the "confused" Christians. Got some private beef with them?

What you should be singling out are the ones who take things in their religion (like the bible) a bit too literally. That's what starts wars.. but like people have been trying to point out. This is going way off topic.

Hypocrisy >.<.

DannyHime
08-07-2009, 01:02 PM
And here's another good reason to be an atheist: You can enjoy video games without feeling guilty about offending a god or a religion.

drfeelgood8849
08-07-2009, 01:24 PM
templars were'nt even real christians, just a front in the game

they certainly were at first. they were like the special forces for the pope. then they got corrupt and therefore were dispersed.

SWJS
08-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by DannyHime:
And here's another good reason to be an atheist: You can enjoy video games without feeling guilty about offending a god or a religion. Actually I'm a baptist. We believe that as long as we blieve and atone for any sins we commit in life, we still go to heaven.

I play M rated games, and watch shows like South Park and Family Guy without having guilt. The entire reason I play games like AC and Saints Row is because I can get away from real life and do amazing things in the game world, and get involved with the story.

I don't even consider the psuedo-religous crap that's in games like AC when I play, because I'm too busy enjoying the gameplay.

I believe other people should just play the games and get over it. We do enough damage worrying about religion already, like the Protestant/Catholic war going on in Northern Ireland and the UK.

I also think this topic should be closed. We should talk about the game in general, not spaz out because the story plays on religious bliefs. AC is a science fiction fantasy game anyway, it's not like any of it is real. Everyone needs to drop the subject right now, and go on about their lives. Look at the time we've all wasted on this unimportant and touchy subject. We argue and disagree like a bunch of politicians.

This topic also breaks a rule, so I'm really not happy with myself getting in on it.

Mods? Lock this topic please? We need to start talking about AC2 more, and get off the religion subject, before a flame war gets started.

rikuskey
08-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Serenity9066:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rikuskey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
thanks a lot for the post I have to agree. I am a Christain as well, what you would call a "baby Christain" so I naturally have a lot of questions. Not trying to prove people wrong. I agree Catholics get confused sometimes because personally, I think the entire religion is confused. Makes no sense to me why you pray to Mary when Jesus says prey to Him. And yes, people like him are the reason people think every Christain is stuck up like that (as noted in my post). As are the people who protest... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just singled out Catholics to demonstrate the "confused" Christians. Got some private beef with them?

What you should be singling out are the ones who take things in their religion (like the bible) a bit too literally. That's what starts wars.. but like people have been trying to point out. This is going way off topic.

Hypocrisy >.<. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was trying to say I think its a bit messed up, some things just don't make sense. But did I single them out? I had no intentions of it... I apologize. And, ezio, I'll start on your topic... I'm already an Ezio fan! ^^ Dual hidden blades and much more ways to eliminate targets... so fun.. *.*

EmperorxZurg
08-07-2009, 07:47 PM
woo! Ezio rocks the HOUSE!

rikuskey
08-07-2009, 07:53 PM
We should have an Ezio party! XD

Xanatos2007
08-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by rikuskey:
That party is Assassin's Creed II, with miniature parties & carnivals within it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

rikuskey
08-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rikuskey:
That party is Assassin's Creed II, with miniature parties & carnivals within it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I CAN NOT WAIT TO RUN THROUGH THOSE PARTIES AND CAUSE MAYHEM!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

and just in case because of previous posts, I like doing things in games I could never pull of in RL. Such as jumping off buildings and coming back to life. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

EmperorxZurg
08-07-2009, 08:23 PM
lol run up to one of that fat dudes dancing and it's the E3 trailer all over again

Xanatos2007
08-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I like doing things in games I couldn't normally do in real life either. Like walk outside. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

rikuskey
08-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Yeah, I like doing things in games I couldn't normally do in real life either. Like walk outside. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
I like how in some games you just walk into a total strangers house and instead of saying "GET THE %$* OUT OF MY HOUSE" they say "hi how are you" or tell you unimportaint information. XD
I also like flying... so AC2 is going to be great with the flying machine!!! *.*

rikuskey
08-07-2009, 08:33 PM
lol run up to one of that fat dudes dancing and it's the E3 trailer all over again
I thought that Ezio had actually grabbed the guys throat and had the blade in his neck that way. That would have been so much cooler than the way it was done. Through out the entire video I swear I was watching an actual acted out movie not a graphicly made one. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I love new graphics! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Iskander_Estel
08-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Now this is totaly out of topic...
I think it would be fun to return to:
"my religion is better" "NO!! mine is better!!!"

DannyHime
08-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
I agree! It's fun to watch people fight over things such as religion and politics. It's so childish it's entertaining!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

rikuskey
08-07-2009, 09:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
I agree! It's fun to watch people fight over things such as religion and politics. It's so childish it's entertaining!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif I laugh cuz I got caught up in it too!

Iskander_Estel
08-07-2009, 09:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
I agree! It's fun to watch people fight over things such as religion and politics. It's so childish it's entertaining!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure it is...
is just like in the game(real history as well)everybody is fighting for their faith in the insubstancial...

SpyderNynja
08-08-2009, 12:51 AM
*passes through with atheist shield that reads, "believe what you want to believe because I'm not going to"* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

I keep telling mum I'm an Agnostic so as not to break her heart http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Edengoth
08-08-2009, 01:23 AM
A) how is this topic even still afloat? I woulda thought the mods would be all over this. We got a warning for having a hate-free discussion of christian doctrine in another thread, and here we have proponents of muslim-slaughter and over-generalized borderline hatespeech...not that I'm complaining, I'm all about this kind of free exchange of opinions and ideas. I'm just way confused. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

B) The templars in AC are absolutely not Christian like real-life templars were, but it is instead just their public face. The targets were all disillusioned by the crusades, and many of them outright deny their old god in their last confessions to Altair. Also in real life none of the templars were saracens. they were all christian crusaders. in AC you're slaughtering parallel-universe atheists as your target and also cruel guards who harass religious scholars and women regardless of their professed religion.

Realjambo
08-08-2009, 02:17 AM
Topic closed. Please do not continue this discussion in another / a new thread.