PDA

View Full Version : I wonder when Ubisoft is gonna start advertising on TV

alitair
10-31-2007, 04:51 PM
I can't wait to see what commercial will be shown to promote AC on Televison. I hope it's a new video that we havent seen yet. Can't wait for that one.

Zain0
10-31-2007, 04:56 PM
I remember when Sands of Time was released, I was sitting in the metro and theres these "cheap" advertisements in french about the latest news, parties, and whatever, and I remember seeing this really small animation of sands of time on it and i was like "COOL!" lol, wonder if they're gonna do the same for assassins..

Although I really wouldn't be surprised if they do NO commercials at all since this game has already gone gold, I think pretty much everyone knows about it now.. Everyone that owns a PS3 or Xbox360 atleast..

alitair
10-31-2007, 05:00 PM
I agree with you Zain, as far as the people that own the different systems, they all know about it or have heard of it, but i have talked to quite a few ppl aboiut this game and its the first time they have heard about it until I show them and then they get addicted. I know it would a great way to sell the game and the consoles. When Gears of War was advertising with the "mad world" commercials I went crazy and that was the reason I ended up with an XBOX 360. So it could be affective for them to have a comercial to sell more games an units atthe same time.

Zain0
10-31-2007, 05:16 PM
hmm yeah.. Im probably thinking that they'll release the commercials after the games release.. thats what most games do anyways.. =P

JACKREAPER564
10-31-2007, 05:17 PM
dude im from puerto rico theyve alredy started advertising i saw it in fox this morning on direct tv so there u hve it

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gifTHE REAPER IS BACK http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

alitair
10-31-2007, 05:18 PM
Holy Smokes!!!

What commercial was it, the original one from way back with Altair walking through the crowd?

alitair
10-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Or is it a Totally new one?

cooldude6681
10-31-2007, 05:28 PM
I saw a semi-ad for it today on FX (not FOX, but an affiliate). On Monday at 8PM, FX will be broadcasting the movie Hellboy, and they said there will be an inside look at Assassin's Creed during the movie.

psycopath2003
10-31-2007, 05:30 PM
yeah i heard something bout that, was watching FX today walked outta the room and heard that, ran back into the room and it was over =P damn the luck lol

Edit - AH HA! I went to FX's website and they got a big flash thing about AC..

http://www.hubfx.com

GPNM
10-31-2007, 08:06 PM
There doesn't need to be a TV ad for it.
It's already generated plenty of noise on just about every gaming website that matters.

The people who need to know about it, know about it. It's pointless to advertise it to an audience that just won't care. It would be a waste of money to have a TV ad since it's not a "colloquial" name like Halo is.

yehonatan.roth
10-31-2007, 10:50 PM
if i were the man/woman (lol that came out wrong... you get my point...)

i would make a tease out of it...

let me explain, you put alittle of the best bits people liket in the full demo's or trailers... and then just stop when the avrege person is intreeged and put the AC logo on and the release date and web site for ferther information...

most people will take a look... and its easy to remember the sites address... after you look around for a bit (just like most people waiting for this game has...)

they will be into it, and the game will have a great head count (in sails that is...)

and because the ocmmercial will be short and the only thing that will take alittle bit or air time is the AC logo (that after a few months people will get it so they will shorten it for the logo alone...)

it will save money...

any way i hope they do the right thing...

rahul911
10-31-2007, 10:58 PM
never seen an sort of advertisement for this game in Ausie(maybe the one where u pre-order and get the lmtd edition) but still nothing, in Aus the game has great potential, adn all of my frieds I have shown teh vids to love it adn wanna see more vids

stix489
10-31-2007, 11:23 PM
hey rahul...you're from Australia right?
Well if so...when you preordered AC, did they give you the pre-order box set? Coz my EB didn't!

Legolas00198
11-01-2007, 12:30 AM
SAME EB NUBS! I pre-orderd mine and I've gotta wait 'til it comes out to get it! LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME! Whats the point of exclusive content if the games already out!?

colt122
11-01-2007, 05:50 AM
well ubisoft said we will make a commercial tommorrow (25th october)
but then simba and his mountain lion friends all gang up and bum jacked them

arbiol
11-01-2007, 06:34 AM
the CGI trailer is the best ad for me:
you see all the trailer and then at the end
Assassin's creed coming out november 14th

rahul911
11-01-2007, 02:49 PM
they could just show the E306 trailer and end up with millions of fans, cos that was one of the best trailers of a game I've ever seen

Edit-stix, eyah I'm from Australia and when i pre-ordered I didnt get the box. Wait for launch day

stix489
11-01-2007, 11:04 PM
*thinks of a totally Aussie word to say*

CRICKEY!! (R.I.P Steve)

Anyway thx...and ALL I want to know is, does it come with the game guide?

synergy23
11-02-2007, 12:01 PM
ya they will prolly release a commercial after the game is released but i cant w8 2 c it

cooldude6681
11-02-2007, 03:16 PM
UPDATE: Hellboy will be broadcast Monday at 8PM on FX, not 5PM like I originally reported.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

Bloxham
11-04-2007, 04:59 PM
BUMPED because there are now commercials for the game on TV. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif There was just a commercial on CBS duting commercial break for the fooootball game.

bruin4ev3r2005
11-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Bloxham:
BUMPED because there are now commercials for the game on TV. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif There was just a commercial on CBS duting commercial break for the fooootball game.

Yea i just saw it too. It wasn't very good in my opinion. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

winner9000
11-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Notice how they advertised the PS3 afterwards

blueshadow7
11-04-2007, 05:03 PM
just saw it too.. i'm sure it looks cool for anyone who hasn't been following the game. And then there is us who saw that,what, over a year ago? Still very exciting though

spazzoo1025
11-04-2007, 05:47 PM
yeah idk if it counts for all of Us/Europe, but at least in Florida, Monday night on TNT during Black Hawk Down, they're gonna show a preview for it

i dont think ill see it actually cuz Chuck is on on Mondays then Heroes lol they're on at the same time as BHD. so aybe someone else will record it

dd22cowboys
11-04-2007, 06:33 PM
BHD isnt even playing tommorow on TNT, i looked.

psycopath2003
11-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Here in Colorado on FX they keep hyping it saying on Monday during Hellboy will be the AC Preview, and then Weds is the Black Hawk Down with a CoD4 promo.

dd22cowboys
11-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Cool im in Colorado too, ima watch both of those previews! Do you know what time it will be? I really dont wanna have to watch hellboy, movie is weak.

psycopath2003
11-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Uhm not sure are you on Comcast Cable provider for your tv? if so just keep an eye out on Comcast.com at the tv listings or what not to see what times the movies are on, my best bet would be starting around 6-7pm Mountain time.

dd22cowboys
11-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeh comcast, i hope its different than the one from UK